Post Things You Find Satisfying...

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I agree. But their firing isn't being cheered for them under producing and not hitting metrics. Their firing is being cheered simply because they work for HuffPo.
My satisfaction is from a trend being stalled. The trend of irresponsible, attack "journalism" and non-merit based employment. Their experiment failed and that's a good thing.

However, I also find satisfaction in their firing if they attacked the Covington kids without justification, or in any other way infringed on another person's rights/safety/privacy without justification. Fuck them in this case, their platform should be stripped away because they abused it. That's no different than firing a Burger King employee for spitting in your food. They used their position in a company to do harm to another person.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I agree. But their firing isn't being cheered for them under producing and not hitting metrics. Their firing is being cheered simply because they work for HuffPo.
As it should be, fuck that leftist rag and the absolute garbage they spew

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
My satisfaction is from a trend being stalled. The trend of irresponsible, attack "journalism" and non-merit based employment. Their experiment failed and that's a good thing.

However, I also find satisfaction in their firing if they attacked the Covington kids without justification, or in any other way infringed on another person's rights/safety/privacy without justification. Fuck them in this case, their platform should be stripped away because they abused it. That's no different than firing a Burger King employee for spitting in your food. They used their position in a company to do harm to another person.
They act like that smart ass jerk off kid that stands in the street in front of your house and picks a fight with you then yells “I have rights, this is public property” then when you punch them in the face they go cry to mommy

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I would find a world where nobody gave a shit about the Covington kids immensely satisfying.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
It hasn't affected my life. I don't take any of that shit. I think I mentioned that I know one person who really got off the rails with the pain meds. She was a PA who was prescribing them to herself. But she had no negative outcome to that. She's still working, and got herself some help, so she's fine.

I think I saw someone here post that little graphic you see in hospitals, and was talking about the change in Medicine where it has become all about making sure nobody was in pain ever. And I think the notion that "nobody should be in pain (emotional or physical) ever" is a really childish expectation, and we should come up with better ways to deal with pain than that. If someone gets their arm chopped off, of course they're in pain. Give them ALL the drugs. But if someone had a shitty day or their back is a little stiff and they're a 1 on the pain scale - you know, maybe try and figure out a different way to work through that. Hopefully you know what I mean - someone comes in, says they're in pain, they get drugs. No tests, no MRI, no examination, just "Let me give you these pills because you claim your leg hurts."

There's probably other professions if I really think about it.
Always say 10

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I would find a world where nobody gave a shit about the Covington kids immensely satisfying.
When I saw that gaining traction, my only thought was "well that is going to be 99.9% disinformation from all sides," so I've been ignoring it. When the first thing you hear about a story is people slobbering like rabid dogs over it, just back away.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
When I saw that gaining traction, my only thought was "well that is going to be 99.9% disinformation from all sides," so I've been ignoring it. When the first thing you hear about a story is people slobbering like rabid dogs over it, just back away.
The Covington kids story is different than a lot of those that people get people "slobbering" though. It started as left and right media teaming up to slam a bunch of kids over an edited video that turned out not to tell the story, so I completely understand why people are annoyed. Hell, it managed to lower "conservative" media in my eyes, and that's something I didn't think could happen.

I do wish it all never happened though.

Because Buzzfeed Armand always carries a tube of lipstick

I think we can all agree that it's a good thing this person was fired.

Pigdango

Donator
This is happening, and it shall be among the most satisfying things I’ve ever experienced:

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
This is happening, and it shall be among the most satisfying things I’ve ever experienced:

Lame. RotJ in Concert is where it's at to see a live rendition of that green alien singer that takes you out of RotJ every time you come across it on cable. In a top 10 Worst Star Wars Things, this might be number 1.

But you won't believe Number 8!

Pigdango

Donator
You can put yourself above me. I’m not letting you or big Ernie take anything away from the experience I had tonight.

The only minor bummer was that it was the Special/Blu Ray edition, which hurts the score more than you realize. Williams composed music for the extra scenes and extended credits, and it really doesn’t fit seamlessly into the rest of the score.

Pigdango

Donator
Lame. RotJ in Concert is where it's at to see a live rendition of that green alien singer that takes you out of RotJ every time you come across it on cable. In a top 10 Worst Star Wars Things, this might be number 1.

But you won't believe Number 8!
They are doing Jedi in July. I assume they will just let that scene play while they put their instruments down and join the audience in staring at their shoes in discomfort.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to see Jedi. The score is one of the worst of the Star Wars saga, if not the worst. And the movie...isn’t great.