Post Things You Find Satisfying...

NotSoFast

Netflix is a pile of fucking garbage!

Neither Gladiator or Diggstown is on Netflix. 2 25 year old movies don't make the list. I guess I can't be surprised, I haven't watch a movie from there in over 6 months. I only keep it for the kids, they watch it daily.
And why is this "satisfying"?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Big bowl of mashed potatoes, gravy, and John Copes creamed corn.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Well, bid adios to the motorcycle finally - been sitting for years and taking up space. So now I have a budget for a new drum kit. Everybody's happy - me, missus, and buyer.

Well, bid adios to the motorcycle finally - been sitting for years and taking up space. So now I have a budget for a new drum kit. Everybody's happy - me, missus, and buyer.

Ahhh, what the fuck?!? We totally could have killed him by now!

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator

Dammit! I know a fella who could really use that sick hog chopper.

That aside, my recent research into the exciting world of ape scooter hangers, has revealed to me that the depreciation on a "crotch rocket" such as that is horrifying. Like, driving the bike off the dealership lot is like driving it off a cliff... cuz that's where the resale value goes... straight down fast.

Sweety boy @Mags was kind enough to explain to me why this is, and his explanation made perfect sense. He is a biker.

What fraction of a percentage of a sliver of its original purchase price did you get for that badass Harleyscooter?

Last edited:

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dammit! I know a fella who could really use that sick hog chopper.

That aside, my recent research into the exciting world of ape scooter hangers, has revealed to me that the depreciation on a "crotch rocket" such as that is horrifying. Like, driving the bike off the dealership lot is like driving it off a cliff... cuz that's where the resale value goes... straight down fast.

Sweety boy @Mags was kind enough to explain to me why this is, and his explanation made perfect sense.

What fraction of a percentage of a sliver of its original purchase price did you get for that badass Harleyscooter?
Let's see, traded the dealer a tool box worth $4300 new in '06, put 5500 miles on it in 10 years, crashed once, neglected it for the past 3, sold it cash, not running, no test drive, for $1500.

I don't believe motorcycle's hold or lose value any different than other non-traditional modes of transportation (boats, bicycles, quads, dune buggies, etc.)

Creasy Bear

Donator
Let's see, traded the dealer a tool box worth $4300 new in '06, put 5500 miles on it in 10 years, crashed once, neglected it for the past 3, sold it cash, not running, no test drive, for $1500.

I don't believe motorcycle's hold or lose value any different than other non-traditional modes of transportation (boats, bicycles, quads, dune buggies, etc.)
Mags said that crotch rockets resell for dick(and I've seen it with my own eyes as I was perusing the cycle trader website) because they're basically meant to have the shit beaten out of them. The whole purpose of buying a crotch rocket is to ride it like you stole it... scorch the tires, pop sick wheelies, and do ex-TREEEME Tokyo drifting and whatnot.

Mags is wackbag's resident hogscooter expert. He's got the patch on his biker jacket and everything. I tore it off Mojo's jacket and gave it to him after Mojo embarrassed himself by not knowing what a wheelie bar was.

Stupid Mojo.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Full disclosure: the 650R's are more touring bikes that look like crotch rockets. Think half sized Concourse. I sat upright, the windscreen is a foot taller than on a crotch rocket, and the engine is all about torque, not rev happy horsepower. Seat is better than most v-twin trailer queens, and I could do hairpins up a mountain all the way in 2nd gear if I wanted to.

And it's as far from a fucking HD as possible.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Full disclosure: the 650R's are more touring bikes that look like crotch rockets. Think half sized Concourse. I sat upright, the windscreen is a foot taller than on a crotch rocket, and the engine is all about torque, not rev happy horsepower. Seat is better than most v-twin trailer queens, and I could do hairpins up a mountain all the way in 2nd gear if I wanted to.

And it's as far from a fucking HD as possible.
I didn't understand any of that.

@Mags, what's the poser talking about?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Ergonomics/torque of a HD without looking like one of those pieces of shit...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I didn't understand any of that.

@Mags, what's the poser talking about?
He’s saying that he bought a bike well under the manly limit of 1100cc. Not only that, he put about one Summer’s worth of miles on it in 10 years.

Am I concluding that he’s no biker? I’ll leave that up to the jury.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Considering the crash came at the 17 mile mark of ownership, I think that's a given.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
When you Antifa in Melbourne

Notice how you could eat dinner off the bottom of his "work boots".

Haeder

South Dakota
Satisfying: the sights, sounds, and smells of hardwoods burning in the fireplace.

Not as satisfying: fireplace being the only source of heat because of a power outage.