post your pets part 4

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
How many days was he up for?
Long enough that he was inspecting the carpet for bits of bumps.

He sleeps on the couch at the foot of our bed. Stretches out on his back and only moves when he's running in his dreams.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Keep one. You'll regret not doing it if you don't. It will keep you awake at night wondering if you should've, better to just give in and keep one. Do you get to choose? Mom gets to keep a baby also, can't imagine what having a brood torn from them does.

Biggest “dog regret” was having DOC neutered and not keeping his blood line going

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Biggest “dog regret” was having DOC neutered and not keeping his blood line going
Some of the purebred breeders can be fucking assholes. I got my JR because I knew someone who had a sister that was breeding high end Jack Russels, it was before they were even recognized by the AKC. I had to basically go through an interview, including pictures of my house and yard, before I was even allowed to see the puppies. I had to sign "paperwork" agreeing to have her fixed after her first heat. I actually dont regret it, if she was a he I might feel differently.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
That is another decision I have to make but have more time to think about it.
If I decide to breed Bernice, it is all on me.
I pay all the bills and go through the hell all over again in 3 years.
Bernice is the last of the "Tenderhearted" bloodline unless one of the buyers decides to pay breeding rights when they purchase the pup.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Some of the purebred breeders can be fucking assholes. I got my JR because I knew someone who had a sister that was breeding high end Jack Russels, it was before they were even recognized by the AKC. I had to basically go through an interview, including pictures of my house and yard, before I was even allowed to see the puppies. I had to sign "paperwork" agreeing to have her fixed after her first heat. I actually dont regret it, if she was a he I might feel differently.
I was dealing with several breeders before we got Duncan, no one would sell us a dog, so I went to a puppy mill, and, got a great dog, DOC was a fluke and I actually talked to his original breeder and he was pissed off that I had him, fuck breeders, that’s why I bought both Ralphie and Tiki at “puppy places”” my experience with both rescues and breeders disgusted me

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Technically, I guess I am a breeder but I spent a lot of fucking time and love into these pups.
I want to see them in good homes.
Hate to see them go and it hurts to say goodbye.
That is maybe why the breeders were kinda dickish.
The pups are not money signs to me.
It pisses me off when I post a video or picture of them and I get many PMs and comments of just "how much?"
I have put much of my time, sleep, and sanity into raising these pups.
Just enjoy the pictures/videos of them and don't think of them as just something you can easily buy.
Yep, breeders might be a little nuts but you have to understand what they go through to keep a litter alive.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Fun fact at home he has 24/7 access to outside... so basically I have a non-house broken puppy... yaaaay...

Thank doG I have laminate floors everywhere... he's figured out in the morning when I take him out to at least pee... the pooping thing will take longer... but he is going back home tomorrow... so me and the girls can go back to our regular schedule...

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
I will never own two things at the same time again...dog and carpet.
We have carpet in the basement only and the dogs aren't allowed in the basement. The roomba runs daily upstairs and I've had to pretty much rebuild it after a year and a half of use. The amount of hair a labrador sheds in a day is truly amazing.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Nisha, Bernice, and Spot.

Spot

Me holding Nisha because she wants to go ride on the ATV.

Last edited:

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Nisha, Bernice, and Spot.

Spot

Me holding Nisha because she wants to go ride on the ATV.
Does your doggie have breathing issues? I know someone who got a bulldog not long ago and they have to always make sure its nasal passages are clear and that she can breathe okay.

And those puppies are unspeakably fucking adorable.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

Since Gertrude died Thursday I went out and bought two new bitches for Mr. Quackers to fuck, I figured he has the jungle fever so I bought him a black and a white one

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Dozer update

Went to court today for the bite incident. Made a plea deal with the district attorney, if I got Dozer some training and allowed Animal control to check the house and make recommendations then they would drop the charges. So I'm looking for a nearby trainer that does e-collar training. I think that will be most effective for his bad behaviors he's developed. I'll probably have to promise to kennel him at least when people come over but I have a Dozer sized kennel I can set up for him. Hopefully all goes smoothly from here.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
OK, everyone. Meet the new guy - Loki.
Keep an eye on that toy, if he is an aggressive chewer, that rubber is soft enough for him to get big chunks off of it, small pieces will pass but the larger ones might clog up the pipes, I had one left over from my other dog, wreck it Ralph destroyed it in 15mins... the little bastard could chew through a plate of steel if I wiped peanut butter on it

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Dozer update

Went to court today for the bite incident. Made a plea deal with the district attorney, if I got Dozer some training and allowed Animal control to check the house and make recommendations then they would drop the charges. So I'm looking for a nearby trainer that does e-collar training. I think that will be most effective for his bad behaviors he's developed. I'll probably have to promise to kennel him at least when people come over but I have a Dozer sized kennel I can set up for him. Hopefully all goes smoothly from here.
I'm curious, who brought the charges? Was it your girlfriend? Is she still your girlfriend? Or does the DA have to charge even if the girlfriend doesnt want to?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I'm curious, who brought the charges? Was it your girlfriend? Is she still your girlfriend? Or does the DA have to charge even if the girlfriend doesnt want to?
Animal Control issued a summons, probably based on the report provided by my girlfriend's daughter. I don't know exactly and probably never will. As a result of the summons I had to go to court and meet with the DA to work out a plea agreement that allowed me to keep Dozer and not have him put down. It was also a criminal charge against me. So we made a deal after I showed her the evidence I had that he's mostly a gentle soul and something rubbed him the wrong way with the daughter. The DA agreed and we made this plan going forward.

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Keep an eye on that toy, if he is an aggressive chewer, that rubber is soft enough for him to get big chunks off of it, small pieces will pass but the larger ones might clog up the pipes, I had one left over from my other dog, wreck it Ralph destroyed it in 15mins... the little bastard could chew through a plate of steel if I wiped peanut butter on it
Thanks. Yeah, we inspect all the toys. That's a pretty good, US made toy. Made for chewers, but I'll keep an eye on it. This is my fourth dog, and I feel like for once we're raising him right. He's already smart as hell, but just two weeks in, he's basically potty trained, fetching and returning stuff, climbing stairs, knows his name, comes when called... He does something surprisingly clever every day!

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Jesus @MayrMeninoCrash ! Dozer is massive! I have friends with a St. Bernard/Newfie puppy. He's up to 125 pounds and still growing. Big goofy bastard.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Thanks. Yeah, we inspect all the toys. That's a pretty good, US made toy. Made for chewers, but I'll keep an eye on it. This is my fourth dog, and I feel like for once we're raising him right. He's already smart as hell, but just two weeks in, he's basically potty trained, fetching and returning stuff, climbing stairs, knows his name, comes when called... He does something surprisingly clever every day!
It’s funny how Tiki is “dumb” but is getting better at following commands, Ralph is 2 and still a jerkoff