Post your runaway stories

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
Some of the runaway stories were pretty funny today. Here's mine....

I was 14 and had an old piece of shit moped that barely ran. My mom's ex husband pissed me the fuck off and I was like fuck this I'm outta here. It was mid-November, pouring rain and starting to freeze, and it was dark out. the lights on the moped didn't work so I taped a flashlight to the handlebars, gassed it up and proceeded to drive it like 15 miles away to my friend's house. I slept over and by the next morning I had such a horrible flu my mom had to come and take me home. I remember my friend cracking up when I pulled up to his garage soaking wet and shaking with the moped engine sputtering and a dim flickering flashlight on the front.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
As I walk along I wonder
What went wrong with our love
A love that was so strong

And as I still walk on I think of
The thing's we've done together
While our hearts were young

I'm walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel a pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery

And I wonder, I wa wa wa wa wonder
Why, a why why why why why
She ran away, and I wonder
Where she will stay
My little runaway
My run run run run runaway

I'm walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel a pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery

And I wonder, I wa wa wa wa wonder
Why, why why why why why
She ran away, and I wonder
Where she will stay
My little runaway

OandAPest

Aug 9, 2005
here
Which time?

The time I was 5?

The time I was 8?

Or the time I was 12?

You will not beleive any of it

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I never ran away. My parents kicked me out plenty though, mostly for being ten minutes late (mummy was a nutter) . I used to sleep in the park in this thing we called the flying saucer. Good times, good times.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
5 years old. Packed up all my "stuff" in a kerchief tied to a stick hobo style and played like I was running away just to make myself sad and cry.

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
When I was eighteen, I ran away. AND NEVER WENT BACK! I showed them!!!!!!!
My wife can't cook worth a shit. I miss home.

P.s Mom...ummmmm

Slap Jackson

Oct 29, 2007
Bible Belt
I found it interesting (and inspiring) that most of the stories from the callers that had run away ended with them getting their ass beat.

Beat your kids(not abuse your kids). They'll thank you for it later.

EvilHomerJ666

Oct 16, 2006
Spencer, NC
I was 16, I got in trouble over a weekend for being out drinking. On sunday night/Monday morning I took $300 and my moms car and headed for Canada. I made it to the border but realized since I had no identification I wouldn't make it across. I turned around and head back to Jersey. I was stopped on 195 for "Speeding" but I was merely doing 70 in a 65. Cop took me in and called my parents. I got my ass beat by my dad who took my brother and drove near Canada looking for me.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I was 16, I got in trouble over a weekend for being out drinking. On sunday night/Monday morning I took $300 and my moms car and headed for Canada. I made it to the border but realized since I had no identification I wouldn't make it across. I turned around and head back to Jersey. I was stopped on 195 for "Speeding" but I was merely doing 70 in a 65. Cop took me in and called my parents. I got my ass beat by my dad who took my brother and drove near Canada looking for me.
Damn, that's a good one. :clap:

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
I was 23, my parents had gone away for the weekend, I screwed up and got drunk and was late for the airport so I just disappeared. I forgot I had Daddy's credit card, so I lived in homeless shelters, then I remembered I had the card and used it to get a hotel room. Then my parents found me and came to rescue me.

Oh wait, that's an East Side Dave story, fuck it