Powerful 3D-printed rifle fires NATO rounds

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
"it has been tested, fired with little to no issues"

That's what you want to hear about your firearm. Only occasionally does it break apart and launch shards of plastic into your upper torso.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
"it has been tested, fired with little to no issues"

That's what you want to hear about your firearm. Only occasionally does it break apart and launch shards of plastic into your upper torso.

Someday when they can print AR lowers out of the same glass filled nylon polymer that handgun frames are made out of then they probably won't have any problems. But until then........

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Someday when they can print AR lowers out of the same glass filled nylon polymer that handgun frames are made out of then they probably won't have any problems. But until then........
There isn't much stress and pressure on a lower. Certainly nothing catastrophic waiting to hsppen.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
There isn't much stress and pressure on a lower. Certainly nothing catastrophic waiting to hsppen.

No there isn't. But the plastic they are using isn't exactly what I would want any firearm lower made of. The majority of the stress on a plastic lower would probably be the threads where the buffer tube threads into the back of the lower. I would think after repeated cycling of the bolt carrier back and forth that those threads would eventually give and you'd blow your buffer tube right out the back of the rifle. Also, anywhere you had pins in holes would eventually wear too if you use cheap plastic.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
No there isn't. But the plastic they are using isn't exactly what I would want any firearm lower made of. The majority of the stress on a plastic lower would probably be the threads where the buffer tube threads into the back of the lower. I would think after repeated cycling of the bolt carrier back and forth that those threads would eventually give and you'd blow your buffer tube right out the back of the rifle. Also, anywhere you had pins in holes would eventually wear too if you use cheap plastic.
They are rapidly moving beyond cheap plastics even in cheap printers.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$