- Jul 26, 2005
Mark Halperin Issues Lengthy Apology for "Inappropriate" Behavior at ABC News
Ousted NBC News analyst Mark Halperin has responded to the recent allegations of sexual harassment made against him.
The journalist took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to issue a statement saying he was "profoundly sorry for the pain and anguish" he caused with "past actions."
"The world is now publicly acknowledging what so many women have long known: Men harm women in the workplace," Halperin said in the statement. "For a long time at ABC News, I was part of the problem. I acknowledge that, and I deeply regret it. As I said earlier in the week, my behavior was wrong. It caused fear and anxiety for women who were only seeking to do their jobs."
Following a CNN report from earlier Friday detailing four more women's claims of sexual harassment against Halperin, the number of accusers now stands at over a dozen.
This is the journalistic paragon who admonished his ABC staff not to cover the 2004 election even-handedly: