OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

PPV REFUNDS DUE TO THE FINISH AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by UCJOE, Sep 18, 2013.

1. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

FANS GETTING PPV REFUNDS DUE TO THE FINISH AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS
    An Elite member wrote me to tell me that he called Cox Cable and asked for a refund due to the finish of the Night Of Champions PPV being overturned. He said that Cox eventually gave it to him and the representative told him that other people had asked for a refund for the same reason.

Cox is my cable company as well so I called my representative and was told that indeed other people have already called and gotten refunds, feeling that by invalidating the finish of the show that they paid for, they deserved it. This could become a slippery slope for wrestling companies.

-------------

Ha, this is both great & stupid at the same time, but if it makes WWE book better finishes (not this BS) then all the power to it

2. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

How the hell do you invalidate the results of a "contest" that had no validity to begin with?

It's like handing The Washington Generals a win because The Harlem Globetrotters cheated.

Retarded.

3. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Vince McMahon and the writing staff say "fuck it" and the results are automatically invalidated.

4. Creasy Bear

Donator

There are no "results", because there is no competition. It's like going to see a play. When you come back after a play nobody asks you for "the results".

It's like going to see a Harry Potter movie and then demanding a refund because you went in rooting for Voldemort and it didn't go your way.

Retarded.

5. Lord Zero

The refund-seekers were probably pissed because the ending left the door open for Randy Orton -- one of the most boring wrestlers ever to succeed in the business --to get the title again, which would lead to him getting more TV time.

6. Creasy Bear

Donator

Ooooh... I see now. Randy Orton now has a chanc... zzzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

7. Lord Zero

I feel that way anytime I hear his name.

8. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

I agree. Fuck vince.

9. pnigga

pnigga hold my hand, dane

if I were a Cox employee I'd relish fielding one of these calls and breaking the devastating news that Santa Claus doesn't exist

10. flyerfan116

flyerfan116 Fuckin savages

That has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever heard in my life. Asking for a refund because you didn't like the storyline? I don't know what blows my mind more that or the fact that i clicked on a UCJOE thread that didn't start with the words "According to Meltzer..."

Neckbeard likes this.
  11. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I joked about asking for a refund after Money in the Bank. I should have knowing I could have gotten it back. Maybe having to give money back would force them to stop doing stupid shit having Randy Orton go over.

12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

No, it's like going to a Harry Potter movie and you get to see Hunger Games instead. It's something completely different from what people want. Sure, it's still wrestling, but it's so retarded that it's unrecognizable.

Is there a legal basis for a refund? Of course not. But if people are that pissed, maybe someone should pay attention.

Neckbeard likes this.
  13. flyerfan116

flyerfan116 Fuckin savages

That really makes no sense...people paid for a WWE PPV and that's what they got. Your analogy would work if people paid for a WWE PPV and got a TNA PPV, but that didn't happen. If people were entitled to refunds every time there was a match they didn't like the outcome of wrestling, boxing and MMA would have gone under long ago.