Predator reboot.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Holy fuck that is terrible.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
The internet is none too pleased with that joke. It will definitely get Thing Dropped.
I wonder if there will be a new final trailer. Initially, I thought this could do around $50 million just because. After that trailer, I'd be surprised if it hits $30.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I wonder if there will be a new final trailer. Initially, I thought this could do around $50 million just because. After that trailer, I'd be surprised if it hits $30.
There will definitely be another trailer. The movie don’t come out until September.

LiddyRules

I still think this movie is going to disappoint, only to seem less disappointing when Terminator 6 disappoints even more.

LiddyRules

I'm also revising my initial financial estimates based on the Suicide Squad factor.

Pigdango

Donator
First reviews are coming in, and we're hovering between fresh and rotten. Even the bad reviews talk about how fun the movie is. This is probably going to end up as my favorite movie of the year.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Fun to watch and less rapey of the original film than AVP/AVPR was, but still largely unoriginal. The casting was good overall, though (waste of Thomas Jane, really). The effort to character build is clear.

Shane still should have set this further afar; at least initially. Even what is rural, like forest shots, looks much like AVP:R, and it's because they shot in the same area (Vancouver), perhaps down to the very same forest. That wasn't something they should have risked.

There's a twist nearer the end that I realized I should have seen coming, but didn't. That's an extra point for it. Still don't want to give that away yet.

The Iron Man scene at the end made me cringe though. That should have been left for after the credits at best.

Bobobie

Rotten Tomatoes reviews, Critics are giving it a low scores around 37%. How much of this score is Hollywood politics? What would be your Tomato score be? @Radioguy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I don't understand why, in every movie since P2, they have fucked with the formula.

There are certain things that made the first two movies work.

1. Hot as fuck. That's easy, but the heat should play into the story. Setting the movie in a hot area is a good start.

2. The predator is outside of the movies tone. Neither 1 or 2 were scifi. The first was a military movie with an alien in it that when full sci-fi at the end. The second movie was a cop film that went full sci-fi at the end (okay, a bit sooner than that.)

3. Assume the audience has no idea what is going on. Keep the alien hidden until the last third of the movie. Even in 2 you didn't get clear shots of the predator, even when he was wrecking shop.

4. Play it straight. You can have a little humor, but nothing goofy or over the top. Hollywood insists on throwing wacky characters into everything these days and it makes me fucking insane.

5. One normal predator is enough. There is no need for multiple threats or super baddies. The fact that his tech was better than ours....but not THAT MUCH better than ours was part of the appeal. Arnold/Glover had a slim but realistic chance and that sold the movie.

I've said it before, they should set one of these films in the middle east. You can even have a multi-national UN unit if you need to score your Sunny D points.

Put them in some shitty sand city far behind enemy lines. You can have the alien first take out some bands of insurgents or other forces along the way.

You have the heat, you have the conflict. You have the heavily armored men to be picked off one by one. You have enough isolation to make things desperate.

Pigdango

Donator
Alright god dammit let’s do this! Fuck @BIV and his cheapness!

Pigdango

Donator
I am literally the only person in this theater, by the way. My friend isn’t here yet.

I’m scared.

LiddyRules

I am literally the only person in this theater, by the way. My friend isn’t here yet.

I’m scared.
I'm not doing IMAX, but I missed the showing I intended to make so I have to do a later showing.

Look at it this way. It can't be worse than The Mummy.

Pigdango

Donator
I'm not doing IMAX, but I missed the showing I intended to make so I have to do a later showing.

Look at it this way. It can't be worse than The Mummy.
Theoretically if there are quips or jokes it won’t be limited to two players screaming at each other over the sound of gunfire.

Well maybe it will be, but it will hopefully be shot so you can see what’s going on and hear the jokes.