Predator reboot.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So i saw it. It was fun but this predator is still no where near as badass as "The Wolf" Predator from AVPR even if he was 11ft tall and could grow an exoskeleton out of his skin. I really wish they could of done something more with the wolf. Maybe somehow show how he became the guy you call when you got a serious mess to clean up or some shit. Or hell do the obv story the end of Predator 2 gave you about how that old pred got the flintlock pistol (they did make a comic about it).
I couldn't imagine a more boring story to do with Predator than the flintlock pistol.

In the end yeah it was fun but it doesnt hold a candle to Predator 2 and that movie was not good except finished the trifecta for Paxton
Have people ever seen Predator 2 or do they just think they have?

Though the fact they mention he showed up in 1997 means that LA actually was that crazy future crime city in this reality.

Rotten Tomatoes audience meter is 51%. I was still hopeful until reading this audience review. I actually liked the last Predator movie with that guy from The Pianist and Eric from That 70's show. I've gone out and seen every movie in the Franchise, bad reviews or not. I might have to skip this one.
I liked the last Predator movie too (I want to re-watch it). However, that's a whiny review that misses the point entirely. I don't even get the MCU reference. I've even brought up places they could have added multi-verse Easter Eggs and was disappointed they didn't. It's not like they skimped on the violence. So is the MCU the humor? 70% of the first film was them bro'ing down. He says "MCU" like that's a shorthand for insult, but that's critically and commercially acclaimed franchise. If the film was a PG-13 romp featuring impossible characters that cared more about setting up a major franchise than the individual movie (e.g. The Mummy, Amazing Spider-Man), I could see why that would be a problem, but this is not that.

And sure, maybe it is a sci-fi action movie made for 14 year old boys (from 2001?). What do they think the original Predator was? A classy film for gents?

Last edited:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm waiting on the guy to come fix my AC. Hopefully it'll be quick and I can go have a semi-liquid lunch then catch a matinee of this today.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I couldn't imagine a more boring story to do with Predator than the flintlock pistol.

Have people ever seen Predator 2 or do they just think they have?

Though the fact they mention he showed up in 1997 means that LA actually was that crazy future crime city in this reality.
I watched predator 2 about 2 weeks ago. I didnt mean it as pred 2 was good. In fact i think its not good.

As far as the pistol story clearly you didnt read the comic about it. The pistol belonged to a bad ass yet honorable pirate. So bad ass the pred wanted to face him in single combat. The story was damn awesome

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I watched predator 2 about 2 weeks ago. I didnt mean it as pred 2 was good. In fact i think its not good.

As far as the pistol story clearly you didnt read the comic about it. The pistol belonged to a bad ass yet honorable pirate. So bad ass the pred wanted to face him in single combat. The story was damn awesome
So is "The Predator" 2018 really the turd of the entire franchise? I've not seen Predator 2 since it was in Theater. So the Flintlock pistol that the Predator gave Glover in the movie was some cross-over item from the comics?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
So is "The Predator" 2018 really the turd of the entire franchise? I've not seen Predator 2 since it was in Theater. So the Flintlock pistol that the Predator gave Glover in the movie was some cross-over item from the comics?
Thats what it became a few years later but it was intended as a jump off point for a sequeal

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Amd no its no where near as bad as the avp movies or pedators

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
I honestly could not figure it out with Munn. She was distractingly gorgeous.

I also can't believe the Joke didn't completely destroy the movie.
I haven't seen pictures of her in a long time, but now she has the facial structure of a part asian Jennifer Lawrence.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
So is "The Predator" 2018 really the turd of the entire franchise?
Not in the slightest, but for whatever reason - nary 12 hours after its release - people are really forcing the idea that it is.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Id rank this #3 in franchise which is also where it wants to be considered in the continuity

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Id rank this #3 in franchise which is also where it wants to be considered in the continuity
Are you counting the AVP films? Because I like AVPR as a 1950s b film, especially if you play off @Pigdango 's this is a 1980s b film.

Anyway... I need to see Predators again, but I'm comfortable putting this above AVPR.

Could be 2. Could be 3. It's up to Mike and Jay to tell me how I really feel.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Are you counting the AVP films? Because I like AVPR as a 1950s b film, especially if you play off @Pigdango 's this is a 1980s b film.

Anyway... I need to see Predators again, but I'm comfortable putting this above AVPR.

Yes im counting the avp films. I have avpr right under it for your reasons plus i love the wolf predator

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I just saw P2 a couple months ago. Still great fun. Not nearly as good as the first movie, but still leagues better than any that have come since. They embraced the camp of an 80's police film like Lethal Weapon (douche bag chief, overly destructive but effective cop, fed interference, the "new guy" trying to fit in) and added this ridiculous sci-fi element into it. I liked that Glover wasn't an over the top military guy. Just an ordinary schlub thrown into this insane situation who managed to win through perseverance more than any real skills.

Without seeing the new one.

P1
P2
Ps
AvP2
AvP1

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

I have this as 3 behind the original and AVPR, and then draw a really thick line after that.

I’ve never seen Predators

Dec 12, 2007
Predators isn't bad if you can get past The Pianist dude doing some cross between Bain and Bale's Batman voice.
Him trying to look tough was really sad. I constantly felt like some jocks were about to beat him up for cosplaying a soldier man.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Rotten Tomatoes reviews, Critics are giving it a low scores around 37%. How much of this score is Hollywood politics? What would be your Tomato score be? @Radioguy
50-60% range. Made to be fun. I liked the character building and banter. More upbeat than Predators, and clear attempt to be more well-rounded than AVP:R.

Him trying to look tough was really sad. I constantly felt like some jocks were about to beat him up for cosplaying a soldier man.
Totally. It's one of the first examples that come to mind when I think of a miscast lead.

Also, that entire film felt like an Outer Limits episode, which means it probably was one.