OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

President Obama leaves a blind Chinese protestor out to dry.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by VMS, May 3, 2012.

1. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Link

Ok, ok, it's about China so Rink

Spoilered for length.

I'll be honest: the only reason I'm putting this story up is for this picture:
    [​IMG]

2. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Don't be silly. He just went to be reunited with his family. And get medical treatment.

Did the White House even bother to invent a medical condition for him, that would require specialized treatment he can only get in a Chinese gulag?

3. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Cuba = bad

China = good

4. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Point?

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

reach your own conclusion

6. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I have. But I'm going to rise above sharing it (because the mods might get upset).

7. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

China didn't try to assassinate a democrat saint and provides slave labor.

8. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

a dozen

YaY Obama!

9. Von Maestro

Von Maestro Registered User

tss tss I bet he never even saw that one comin or sumpthin tss tss

10. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

...and he get's a fellowship at an American University...

Ah! fenrir is in here as I post. this. fenrir must have worked this deal out!

11. VMS

I'll be happy if this all works out, but how the fuck did President Bumbler's administration manage to fuck this up so badly?

Isn't it obvious that the embassy should have gotten assurances that they would have access to him in the hospital? To get basic protection for him before they released him to the Chinese?

12. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

China has known for quite a while that they have us by the balls, looks like at least this one has a happy ending too I guess.

Any word on the Apologizer-in-Chief yet on this? Maybe he'll just save face and say that he just "regrets" the whole incident. :icon_cool

Well, good thing we didn't have a couple dozen embassy workers taken hostage for 10 days, that would have been horrible.
    http://carnegieendowment.org/2001/04/09/national-humiliation/2m0m

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

14. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

who gives a fuck about this guy, really? You fuck up in your own country, that's your problem. We got enough of our own problems to have to worry about a shit stirrer in China.

15. VMS

Fine and dandy. Until they make it onto our soil. Then they're on OUR soil and it becomes our problem.

And the US embassy is our fucking soil.

16. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

obama doesn't want to upset his chinky overloards

17. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

yeah, I completely understand that. But don't stir shit up under the guise of being an "activist" and being apart of a "human rights campaign" and when shit gets tough and you start getting scared run to the embassy of another country and try to plead for asylum. It's a pussy move.

I didn't realize there was this many sore vagina's over a fucking chinamen. It's kinda like that video of the guy poking the leopard. You don't fuck with the leopard unless you're prepared to get tore the fuck up.

[video=youtube;tn0r88RJFD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0r88RJFD4[/video]

18. VMS

What part of "he made it our problem when he got into our embassy" don't you understand?

You say you understand it. But then you proceed to completely not get it.

Is he a pussy for running into our embassy? Fine. He's a pussy. He's got the balls to stand up (even if he runs afterwards) to the Chinese fucking government. You're brave enough to call guys like that a pussy from the internet behind a username while living in a country where you can call the President a nigger and nobody will put you in jail for it. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo. If he's a pussy, what the fuck does that make all of us?

So he's a pussy. Once he makes it into our embassy (and fine, both the Chinese guards outside our embassy in Beijing and our own embassy guard detail need to figure out how this guy got in without being stopped) he was under our care. Period. It doesn't matter if he's a pussy, if we don't like him, if he's a baby r@pist, if he's a cannibal, if he's a coward, whatever. Once he's on US soil, he has our motherfucking protection. It isn't about him, you fucktard. It's about US. If Chen is a pussy for running to supposed safety when he feels his life is in danger, what kind of fucking cowards are WE for turning him back over to the Chinese government?

19. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

QFT ma fuckah

20. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

Um...The United States made it OUR problem once we allowed this guy to stay a week on the Embassy grounds once he made it there after escaping house arrest. There is nothing that states that we are bound to keep him there even if he requests "Asylum". This guy is tied in with celebrities and politicians. He is nothing but "leverage" for political purposes. So then what do we do, grant every Chinese citizen who cries asylum because of what the government is doing to their people? Do we let this guy stay but look the other way if the Chinese Government parades the streets with his families head on a stick?

You know what, you're absolutely right. Remind me of all this when I or anyone else in this country starts to fucking run to the Chinese, Saudi, Iranian Embassy crying for asylum because it sucks so damn bad here. And me calling him a pussy has nothing to do with being "brave while living behind a screen name in a civilized country", it's common fucking sense. I've been to "chop chop square" in Riyadh and seen what they do to motherfuckers who go against the government or break the law. I've stood in the middle of the square watching guys get whipped and their hands cut off for stealing. If that ain't a god damn clue to straight up and fly right, I don't know what to tell you.

The decision to "take care of him and let him stay a week" was not decided by the Marine Security Detachment. The guy obviously has connections with the Ambassador and other people inside the Embassy. If they make the decision then that's on them, all I'm saying is that it is a decision I wouldn't make. If they decide to protect him, then protect him. It also isn't definitely about us, it's about not attempting to not further piss off the people who control our economy and who is loaning us money.

Do you realize the number of insurgents and other criminals we turn back over to the Afghans or Iraqi's? Or play the "I'll trade you these guys for this guy game" with? So don't play the whole bleeding heart / amnesty international card shit with me.

21. VMS

Yes. It's called extradition. It requires a process to return the accused to the nation where he was charged with a crime. Part of that process is that the crime in question is actually a crime in US jurisdiction, or at the very least that the crime in question is not a political crime. Chen's crime was by definition a political crime: he was charged with bringing a lawsuit against the city of Linyi. He served his full prison term but was still under house arrest beyond his prison term. He was a political prisoner.

The US does not extradite political prisoners. If there is a real crime in conjunction with a political crime, then it becomes hazy, but there wasn't a real crime in this situation: Chen straight up brought a lawsuit up against a municipal authority and was shanghaied into confinement for it.

Extradition is a process. There's a procedure to follow. It's why this is called a REPUBLIC, you idiot: we have laws and procedures and we fucking follow them. The US Embassy in Beijing failed to follow those procedures.

Seriously, Chen had friends on the inside who got him in, but then those same friends failed to protect him when he wanted out? Even if that's 100% true, that just shows that the personnel at the Beijing embassy (including President Obama's former Commerce Secretary who is now the ambassador to China) are fucking amateurs who dropped the fucking ball.