President Obama Proposed Budgets: Over 500 opposition votes, no votes in support

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Deficits get blamed on Congress. Congress approves budgets and they have "the power of the purse strings" to vote on the budgets.

On the other hand, the presidency has "the power of proposal." He can put a budget proposal before Congress for a vote. The bill would pass in either part of Congress, then get reconciled in the House and the Senate.

President Obama proposed a vote in 2013. The vote in the House of Representatives for it, out of 432 votes (almost 200 of them being Democrat) was 414 against, 0 for.

The same thing happened with President Obama's proposal in the Senate in 2012. Of 100 possible votes for, Obama got zero votes for his proposal. Of 100 possible votes against his bill, Obama got 97. The total was 97 against, zero for. The Senate is controlled by Democrats.

Even Democrats find President Obama's budget proposals to be insane, pure anathema.

There has never been a budget proposed by Obama that received even 1 vote in support in both houses of Congress.

How then can the president say that he will "reduce the deficit" and even in his pre-election promises "cut the deficit in half" when he cannot get a single vote for his budget proposals?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
You should set up your shitty soapbox somewhere without electricity.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
You should set up your shitty soapbox somewhere without electricity.
See, actually, a soapbox doesn't need electricity to work. It is designed to elevate the speaker up to a noticeable height, which also makes his voice project to larger crowds who are drawn by his great height. The shit is purely a hygiene problem and is not 100% present on soapboxes.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
See, actually, a soapbox doesn't need electricity to work. It is designed to elevate the speaker up to a noticeable height, which also makes his voice project to larger crowds who are drawn by his great height. The shit is purely a hygiene problem and is not 100% present on soapboxes.
No, no. The irony is that the soapbox, designed to hold a cleaning product, is now horribly dirty.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
No, no. The irony is that the soapbox, designed to hold a cleaning product, is now horribly dirty.
Are we all to be pigeonholed into the route we were started on, sometimes against our will?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly

Oh Literal Gleet

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Well, it isn't a good point though?

A candidate tripling the deficit and then proposing terrible budgets that nobody votes for=Falldog voting for him.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
He should just do it anyway the same way he said he didn't need congress to give Libya terrorists a billion dollars in air support.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
This is relevant. This man wants to be re-elected to the highest political office in America and he is a complete, lying hack.

"That is why today I am pledging to cut the deficit I inherited in half."

Okay, what did he do about it? 4 straight years of 1+ trillion dollar deficits after getting a 400 billion dollar deficit from the last year of Bush. President Obama has in some years nearly quadrupled the deficit he inherited and he's never gotten a proposed budget passed. He's not even gotten token support for budgets. He's gotten universal opposition to his proposed budgets. He's had about 250 Democrats in Congress vote against his budgets.

Why should he get 4 more years? What would be any different?

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Sometimes I wish I could be as blissfully ignorant as you are.
Instead of acting high and mighty, you should point out what I got wrong. When Obama really wants something he ignores the law and constitution and just does it.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
It's not about what you did as president, it's not about lying, cheating, influence peddling, or corruption, it's about your intentions and your pure heart, you care. That's all that counts. As long as you want to help people, the details don't matter.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
This is relevant. This man wants to be re-elected to the highest political office in America and he is a complete, lying hack.

"That is why today I am pledging to cut the deficit I inherited in half."

Okay, what did he do about it? 4 straight years of 1+ trillion dollar deficits after getting a 400 billion dollar deficit from the last year of Bush. President Obama has in some years nearly quadrupled the deficit he inherited and he's never gotten a proposed budget passed. He's not even gotten token support for budgets. He's gotten universal opposition to his proposed budgets. He's had about 250 Democrats in Congress vote against his budgets.

Why should he get 4 more years? What would be any different?
You're crying that Obama is making bullshit pledges and not calling out Romney for making equally vague promises? Cut the partisan nonsense.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
In this case I have to vote for the guy who didn't cut the deficit and in fact tripled it, right? Voting for Obama is a vote for deficit skyrocketing horseshit, then? So how are you DISAGREEING WITH ME IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER??

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
In this case I have to vote for the guy who didn't cut the deficit and in fact tripled it, right? Voting for Obama is a vote for deficit skyrocketing horseshit, then? So how are you DISAGREEING WITH ME IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER??
You're awfully defensive regarding your extremely one-sided post. Feel free to enlighten me on how your guy is going to fix things. I am curious.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I have to vote for Romney just because Obama has shown himself to be a complete liar and incompetent.

Mitt Romney has said he would...

Cut the federal budget below 25 percent of GDP
Enact 500 billion in spending cuts starting in 2016
5 percent across the board cut in non-military discretionary spending.

That is what he says he'll do. If he delivers it is better than a 700 billion dollar a year welfare state and trillion dollar a year deficit catastrophe.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I think we can all agree that Obama got a tough hand coming into his term. He's also had just about 4 years to turn around or improve the situation. He hasn't. We are far worse off. All we got from him is blaming others instead of taking some responsibility. Granted he can't do everything by himself and Congress has to take some blame.

Romney isn't the solution but we can't continue on the road we are heading down.

I don't think he's earned a second term.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Instead of acting high and mighty, you should point out what I got wrong.
Apparently you're not familiar with my work around here. Or your own...
I think we can all agree that Obama got a tough hand coming into his term. He's also had just about 4 years to turn around or improve the situation. He hasn't. We are far worse off. All we got from him is blaming others instead of taking some responsibility. Granted he can't do everything by himself and Congress has to take some blame.

Romney isn't the solution but we can't continue on the road we are heading down.

I don't think he's earned a second term.
This. Time to give Romney a chance to be a one-termer.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Just one question: has there ever been a year when this exact thread didn't pop up in response to this exact tactic used by a President with a hostile Congress?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
This. Time to give Romney a chance to be a one-termer.
Very dissapoint, partycock. I was expecting something like this from a lot of these racists around here, but not you. I guess it's true what they say, just being white is racist.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
You forgot the narrative though. All of the country's problems during the next four years will be Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's fault if Romney is elected.
Why does Obama deserve another term?