Presidential Candidates Favorite Shows

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
From Drudge. Guess whose choices are the worst. Come on. Here's a hint, it's a cunt's.

In a special "Presidential Candidate Edition" column, TV Guide magazine asks Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich, John McCain, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Fred Thompson what TV shows they watch and why (Dec. 3 issue of TV Guide; hits newsstands Thursday, Nov. 29). Here are some highlights:

Hillary Clinton is a fan of HGTV makeover shows, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars, but her all-time TV favorite is The Ed Sullivan Show. (*NOTE: TESS went off the air when she was 24, in 1971, and started a year after she was born.*) (*NOTE 2: What awful modern shows she watches.*)

Barack Obama tells TV Guide that his favorite TV character of all time is "SpongeBob SquarePants, because SpongeBob is the show I watch with my daughters." His favorite TV shows of all time are M*A*S*H and The Wire.

John Edwards is a fan of Boston Legal, and tells TV Guide that his viewing guilty pleasure is "Fred Thompson on Law & Order."

Dennis Kucinich is a fan of late-night TV, citing The Tonight Show, Late Show, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Saturday Night Live as his favorites. "When I get a chance to watch TV, it's usually late in the evening," he tells TV Guide. "Those shows have brilliant writers. It's just great to watch them." He also adds that he doesn't mind being the punch line of their jokes. "It's hilarious. I take what I do seriously, but I don't take myself seriously."

John McCain lists Prison Break among his favorite TV shows "because as a fellow prisoner, I always dreamed and plotted how I would break out of the Hanoi Hilton," he tells TV Guide.

Mitt Romney tells TV Guide he is a fan of Lost because it has "a very captivating plot, and if you live a busy life, escape is always welcome."

Fred Thompson's favorite TV show is SportsCenter. He tells TV Guide, "I always need to stay up on my Titans, Vols, Vanderbilt and, of course, my Memphis Tigers."

The complete "Presidential Candidate Edition" column is in the Dec. 3 issue of TV Guide (Desperate Housewives' Dana Delany is on the cover), which hits newsstands Thursday, Nov. 29. (*NOTE 3: Doesn't this show the importance we place on our politics?*)

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
This critical news, these formidable opinions will significantly impact my vote.

No doubt they did polling and research to for Hillary's answers. Ed Sullivan, WTF!

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
A talent manager I know found himself sitting in an airport right next to Obama around a year and a half ago. When Obama asked this guy what he did he told him he represented actors in Hollywood and Obama asked him "Are you more like Ari or E?" which I thought showed he's pretty cool.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
McCain's answer seems so written for it. WE GET IT, YOU WERE A POW.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Michael Scolfield and I were in that Hanoi pit of hell together
I hid this uncomfortable stock answer up my ass for two years.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
Well, I guess Obama is the best because he said The Wire, but I wish someone would have said Dexter.

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
Fred Thompson owns the Memphis Tigers? Who knew?

Viewers like ol' fat ankles is why we lose good tv like Journey Man.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Agreed.

No doubt they did polling and research to for Hillary's answers.
You think? You think it seems somewhat fake that she'd be into the terrible shows that make chicks wet like HGTV makeover shows, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars?

Well, I guess Obama is the best because he said The Wire, but I wish someone would have said Dexter.
Wire does put him over the edge. However, even though I thought M*A*S*H went downhill after Blake died (I'm sorry, I thought BJ and Potter were useless dullards) it still has an element of coolness to it. And Spongebob is hilarious. But if a candidate came out on the side of Dexter, he would get my vote.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i thought john edwards answer was a little funny...and i hate that i like the same shows at stupid hillary cunton :( (they're not that bad liddy! :fight6: