Prevent Classmate From Being Stabbed, Get in Trouble

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/03/7...ully-with-knife-is-punished-for-playing-hero/

A thirteen year-old Canadian, Briar MacLean, was reprimanded by school officials for potentially saving the life of one of his fellow classmates. After defending the victim from an armed student, the vice principal chastised MacLean, saying that he should have gotten a teacher involved instead of acting quickly.

MacLean told the National Post that he was in a morning class in his middle school in Calgary when he saw a bully antagonizing another student. “He put him in a headlock, and I saw that,” he said.

The fight escalated when MacLean “heard the flick, and I heard them say there was a knife.”

MacLean instinctively jumped and pushed the bully away from the other student and then continued about his day unfazed. However, later he was called into the office and not allowed to return to classes for the rest of the day.

The vice principal called MacLean’s mother, Leah O’Donnell, saying that her son was involved in an incident where “he decided to ‘play hero’ and jump in.” The vice principal added that the school did not “condone heroics,” and that the proper course of action would have been to get a school administrator to handle it.

O’Donnell said, “I asked: ‘In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid’s throat have been slit?’ She said yes, but that’s beside the point.”

“What are they teaching them?” O’Donnell said. ”That when you go out into the workforce and someone is not being very nice to you, you have to tattle to your boss? You’re not going to get promoted that way.”

O’Donnell expressed dismay at the vice principal’s comments.

“What are we going to do if there are no heroes in the world? There would be no police, no fire, no armed forces. If a guy gets mugged on the street, everyone is going to run away and be scared or cower in the corner. It’s not right,” she said.

The Calgary school board has not commented on the incident except to confirm the bully has been suspended.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
School administrators are cunts.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
i could see a PARENT telling their kid that after the fact, because they get nervous at the thought of their child being possibly killed trying to break up a fight.
but a fucking vp scolding the kid and telling them to get a teacher, which may have caused a murder? are you fucking kidding me?
a world of cowards is what is wanted i guess.
are educators anything but drones at this point?

OptimisticPest

Vicious Prick
Apr 7, 2011
Mordor
So school administration is still comprised of worthless cunts, then? I knew it was too much to hope that'd change. On the other hand, if they had commended the boy for his actions, you know some self-righteous mothers against violence group would make a big stink about child endangerment. Just sayin'

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
So school administration is still comprised of worthless cunts, then? I knew it was too much to hope that'd change. On the other hand, if they had commended the boy for his actions, you know some self-righteous mothers against violence group would make a big stink about child endangerment. Just sayin'
Let them, fuck them. Let them get riled up. They're worthless cunts.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Notice that the hero kid gets in trouble but there's no mention of any discipline for the teacher who wasn't in the classroom when this all went down. Maybe the vie-principal should have saved her sarcastic comments for that teacher instead of the kid and the teacher should be thanking that kid every day for preventing anything worse from happening.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
If the hero would have grabbed the knife, they would have expelled him for having a deadly weapon.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Fucking bullshit... and it's comparable to the gun debate right now. The school didn't want any child thinking they had the power to intervene on another person's behalf... that power is reserved solely for people in a position of authority. It's the same mentality anti-gun people have when they say "just call the police". The fact that someone could die in the time it takes for them to respond is irrelevant to them.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
O’Donnell said, “I asked: ‘In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid’s throat have been slit?’ She said yes, but that’s beside the point.”

Does this exchange seem off to anyone else?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
More proof that Canada is run by faggots.
And yet they created and have one of the most brutal and violent professional sports to be their national past time. Ponderous man fucking ponderous

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
And yet they created and have one of the most brutal and violent professional sports to be their national past time. Ponderous man fucking ponderous
Well that was over 100 years ago and probably not by school administrators.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Notice that the hero kid gets in trouble but there's no mention of any discipline for the teacher who wasn't in the classroom when this all went down. Maybe the vie-principal should have saved her sarcastic comments for that teacher instead of the kid and the teacher should be thanking that kid every day for preventing anything worse from happening.
The teacher was in the front of the class when it went down and she's the one that called the principal. Sounds like the teacher didn't really have a problem with the him, it wasn't until a few periods later when the shit hit fan.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
?????

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
More proof that Canada is run by faggots.
To be fair, the outcome almost certainly would be similar in the US.

But whatever, the Kid's a rock star now. So it's surely worth whatever punishment he gets.

Also I forgot where I first read this story, but it had a picture of the kid and his mom and the mom was kind of hot. They gave both the kid and the mom's ages so she had him when she was 20 give or take. So, also probably a goer.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
To be fair, the outcome almost certainly would be similar in the US.

But whatever, the Kid's a rock star now. So it's surely worth whatever punishment he gets.
A Canadian rock star. So mall tour?

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
You knew a kid named Briar would be tough, good for him.