Prey

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Demo is out today. Note, this is NOT Prey 2 and has nothing to do with the first game.

It's being called Dishonored 2 meets Bioshock...with interesting twist goodness.

Don't see many demos these days, so they must be confident in it. Various game reviewers are raving about it.

Play the first hour of Prey in this new demo
by Adi Robertson@thedextriarchy Apr 27, 2017, 3:18pm EDT
Bethesda Softworks

We’ve been looking forward to Prey, the space-bound horror shooter from Dishonored studio Arkane, for quite some time now. It’s not out until May 5th, but publisher Bethesda Softworks has released the first hour of the game as a demo for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. (The game is coming out on PC as well, but sadly, the demo is billed as “console-exclusive.”)

My colleague Bryan Bishop wrote some spoiler-light impressions of the game’s beginning, in which protagonist Morgan Yu discovers strange happenings aboard a retro-futuristic space station called Talos I. I’ve only gotten to try a later section of the game so far, but I did manage to confirm that you can eventually play as a roll of toilet paper. Have fun!

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/27/15457274/prey-bethesda-arkane-first-level-demo-release-xbox-ps4

Bobobie

Saw this being played on Twitch and noticed that it had absolutely nothing to do with the original game, just another generic FPS riding on the coat-tails of a better game. The original prey was amazing and had groundbreaking game-play that I never saw before. There was shifts in gravity, with portals, and puzzles that the game Portal copied two years later. If you are not going to use any of the original games IP, why even bother? Just call it something else.

BIV

Saw this being played on Twitch and noticed that it had absolutely nothing to do with the original game, just another generic FPS riding on the coat-tails of a better game. The original prey was amazing and had groundbreaking game-play that I never saw before. There was shifts in gravity, with portals, and puzzles that the game Portal copied two years later. If you are not going to use any of the original games IP, why even bother? Just call it something else.
They never disguised the fact that it had nothing to do with the first game.

And the streamer was obviously not very far into the game. It is, in no way, some kind of generic shooter. It's more akin to games like Bioshock, System Shock and a bit of Dishonored. Heavy reliance on atmosphere and supernatural powers.

Last edited:

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I hear Bethesda is dropping a patch to remedy the corruption of save files. 40 hours in and all your save files mystically get wrecked? Think I'll wait a bit before playing it.

BIV

I hear Bethesda is dropping a patch to remedy the corruption of save files. 40 hours in and all your save files mystically get wrecked? Think I'll wait a bit before playing it.
Always a good idea.

Bobobie

They never disguised the fact that it had nothing to do with the first game.

And the streamer was obviously not very far into the game. It is, in no way, some kind of generic shooter. It's more akin to games like Bioshock, System Shock and a bit of Dishonored. Heavy reliance on atmosphere and supernatural powers.
So, why even call it Prey then? Yeah, I read that the new developers wanted to do a spiritual successor to system shock, strange because that was already done with Bioshock. They should have used another name so another developer could do an actual sequel, instead of Bioshock in space.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
So far I like it and have had no problems except audio mix issues.
I think it's more system shock than Bioshock but still has been great so far for me. Looks great on my PC

BIV

So far I like it and have had no problems except audio mix issues.
I think it's more system shock than Bioshock but still has been great so far for me. Looks great on my PC
Did they release the patch yet? There is a game breaking bug on the PC version. I think the patch is supposed o be out today.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Did they release the patch yet? There is a game breaking bug on the PC version. I think the patch is supposed o be out today.
I'm playing on pc and didn't have that issue. The 1.2 update is supposed to be out today but I can't tell if it downloaded.

BIV

I'm playing on pc and didn't have that issue. The 1.2 update is supposed to be out today but I can't tell if it downloaded.
It's 20 hours in. The game wont let you continue any further and you have to start over.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
It's 20 hours in. The game wont let you continue any further and you have to start over.
Either I haven't hit it yet or I'm too busy exploring to know it happened. Not sure. Just start over?

BIV

Either I haven't hit it yet or I'm too busy exploring to know it happened. Not sure. Just start over?
If you haven't hit it yet, and you have the patch, you should be fine. It's an instance bug, so if you haven't hit that spot yet it doesn't effect you.

BIV

@chumpy

Prey patch leaves beta. Released as 1.2 to fix saves

Posted By: Paul Younger May 12, 2017

The Prey beta patch released by Arkane yesterday has now been pushed live after a short test. Now called the 1.2 patch, this is the patch that should fix corrupted save games.

The good news is that saves that are corrupted can be uncorrupted. The patch includes the same content as the beta patch so nothing extra appears to have been slipped in. Here’s the notes.

The Steam update v1.2 includes:

• Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
    —–>Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
  • Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
  • Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
  • Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
  • Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
  • Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
  • Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
  • Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
  • Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
  • Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Note – If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly.
Deletion of level.dat files may cause game progression to not function properly.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
@chumpy

Prey patch leaves beta. Released as 1.2 to fix saves

Posted By: Paul Younger May 12, 2017

The Prey beta patch released by Arkane yesterday has now been pushed live after a short test. Now called the 1.2 patch, this is the patch that should fix corrupted save games.

The good news is that saves that are corrupted can be uncorrupted. The patch includes the same content as the beta patch so nothing extra appears to have been slipped in. Here’s the notes.

The Steam update v1.2 includes:

• Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
    —–>Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
  • Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
  • Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
  • Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
  • Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
  • Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
  • Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
  • Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
  • Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
  • Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Note – If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly.
Deletion of level.dat files may cause game progression to not function properly.
I just wish there was somewhere that confirm I have 1.2. Usually in your beginning screens for a game it shows version number. Not here. :meh:

BIV

I just wish there was somewhere that confirm I have 1.2. Usually in your beginning screens for a game it shows version number. Not here. :meh:
I don't know what to tell you about PC. Consoles give you an update history.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Don't you patch through Steam? It's automatic.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Don't you patch through Steam? It's automatic.
Yes. The audio levels have been improved so the update did happen.

Do you play on Steam? What's your name there?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Yes. The audio levels have been improved so the update did happen.

Do you play on Steam? What's your name there?
Name is Skyjack. Add me, although I don't have this game (yet). I'm too busy with Stellaris. Fucking addictive.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Name is Skyjack. Add me, although I don't have this game (yet). I'm too busy with Stellaris. Fucking addictive.
Can you be more specific? showing 123 results for Skyjack. Whats your avatar?

Better yet. My name there is Tomelus.

BIV

To
onabiv@yahoo.com

Today at 5:12 PM

Prey Mooncrash Available Now!

Full Moon Update is live! Click the image below to watch the reveal trailer!

Here’s all the free content included with the Full Moon Update

That's not all, there's more free content coming

Last edited:

BIV

Shit, the images didn't copy.

EDIT: Better

Last edited: