Priest blames children for their abuse then back pedals

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
For the love of God, learn how to copy and paste a story and use the quote function!!!

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
<Uncle Paul>I concur. Thems kids are real slut bags these days.</UP>

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
A New York priest says he "deeply regrets" his comment that priests accused of child sex abuse are often seduced by their accusers.

The Rev. Benedict Groeschel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal apologized Thursday for comments he made in an interview with the National Catholic Register published this week. The website for the Register removed the story and also apologized for publishing the comments.

Groeschel said he did not intend to blame the victim. He said a priest or anyone else who abuses a minor is always wrong. He said his mind is not as clear as it used to be, and he "deeply regrets" the comment.

The friars said Groeschel had been in a car accident years ago, and his cognitive ability has been failing.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY

A New York priest says he "deeply regrets" his comment that priests accused of child sex abuse are often seduced by their accusers.

The Rev. Benedict Groeschel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal apologized Thursday for comments he made in an interview with the National Catholic Register published this week. The website for the Register removed the story and also apologized for publishing the comments.

Groeschel said he did not intend to blame the victim. He said a priest or anyone else who abuses a minor is always wrong. He said his mind is not as clear as it used to be, and he "deeply regrets" the comment.

The friars said Groeschel had been in a car accident years ago, and his cognitive ability has been failing.

Yeah sure you are.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
For the love of God, learn how to copy and paste a story and use the quote function!!! boom! just did it!

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
I can do it from my phone..and my phone is a POS.
I know how to copy paste, I do it with the web address but I can't seem to highlight text on the actual website.

I'll try a different browser next time. I'm using the stock Android one.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I know how to copy paste, I do it with the web address but I can't seem to highlight text on the actual website.

I'll try a different browser next time. I'm using the stock Android one.
Long-press until it gives you two arrows, drag one to each end of the text until the entire thing is highlighted. Copy. Paste. Rejoice.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
NEW YORK – A New York priest says he "deeply regrets" his comment that priests accused of child sex abuse are often seduced by their accusers.
Ok I got Firefox and it seems to work fine. My apologies.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Is there a quote function on Tapatalk or do I have to type it out manually?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I think some of these guys have been sheltered so long that they just don't connect with the real world anymore.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I think some of these guys have been sheltered so long that they just don't connect with the real world anymore.
Yes. That wacky 21st century idea of not blaming children for being *****.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
He went full priestard. You never go full priestard.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Institutionalized child **** and cover up.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP8eaf45f8248d4b4b9a9a08df4aba43f0.html#articleTabs=article
He also added later that anyone involved "on their first offense, they should not go to jail because their intention was not committing a crime."
THAT'S RIGHT!
They wuz just makin' love.

Asked in the Register interview about working with priests involved in abuse, Groeschel had said, "Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster — 14, 16, 18 — is the seducer."
14, 16, 18, 10, whatever, amiright?

In expanding on his answer, Groeschel also referenced Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State coach convicted of sexually abusing boys, referring to Sandusky as "this poor guy" and wondering why no one said anything for years.
This guy is a fuckin' hoot. So seriously, how many boys have had this creep's penis inside them?