Priest Nabbed While Running Nude

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/Feature_Stories/ODD_Priest_Jogging_Nude.html

Priest Nabbed While Running Nude

FREDERICK, Colo. — A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.

Whipkey, 53, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. June 22 in this town about 20 miles north of Denver.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest.

If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jan 5, 2005
If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.
Good. He gets on the list without any kids getting *****.

KingTheoden84

Jun 9, 2007
Good. He gets on the list without any kids getting *****.
Actually, think this one through. If all it takes be branded a sex offender is streaking, I think you would have hundreds of thousands relatively normal people yoked to such a stigma. While it is possible this particular person was up to no good, you have to prove that; we live in a society that presupposes innocence, not guilt. Prove that he was a real menace.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jan 5, 2005
Actually, think this one through. If all it takes be branded a sex offender is streaking, I think you would have hundreds of thousands relatively normal people yoked to such a stigma. While it is possible this particular person was up to no good, you have to prove that; we live in a society that presupposes innocence, not guilt. Prove that he was a real menace.
You're right that we would have to prove it, but the idea that someone wouldn't wear clothes due to too much sweating is odd considering they're JOGGING. They're going to sweat doing that. He couldn't have just put some shorts on?

I think also that the fact that this is a priest makes it a little more suspicious, given what they've been up to the last fifty years.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
This is bullshit. If they're going to put someone on the sex offender list for this, it waters the whole thing down.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Everytime I see this thread, I miss read it. I always see "Pest Nabbed While Running Nude".