Priest says women bring sexual and physical violence on themselves

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Priest says women bring sexual and physical violence on themselves
Italian Catholic’s Christmas message prompts fury as he claims that “provocative” clothing and “arrogant” attitude gets women into trouble.

A CATHOLIC PRIEST has sparked outrage in Italy by claiming that women bring sexual and physical violence on themselves by dressing provocatively and neglecting housework, Italian media are reporting today.

Fr Piero Corsi said in a Christmas message posted on the door of his church in the small parish of San Terenzo, near Lerici and La Spezia in northwest Italy:

How often do we see girls and mature women going around scantily dressed and in provocative clothes?

They provoke the worst instincts, which end in violence or sexual abuse. They should search their consciences and ask: did we bring this on ourselves?

The leaflet, a copy of which was posted online sparking a wave of outrage across the country, said the 118 women killed in acts of domestic violence in Italy in 2012 had pushed men to their limits. Corsi also wrote:

Is it possible that all of a sudden men have gone mad? We don’t believe it.

The fact is that women are increasingly provocative, they become arrogant, they believe themselves to be self-sufficient and end up exacerbating the situation.

Children are abandoned to their own devices, homes are dirty, meals are cold or fast food, clothes are filthy.

The region’s bishop, Luigi Ernesto Palletti, stepped in as the story went viral and said Corsi’s words were “unacceptable and go against the church’s common feeling on the matter”.

Amid protests from women’s rights and anti-violence campaigners, Corsi was widely reported by Italian media to have apologised to his congregation and handed in his resignation.

He later denied the reports, saying a resignation letter sent to news agencies was “probably a fake”, adding that he was going to “take a rest” but had no intention of stepping down.

“I don’t know whether you’re a queer or not, but what do you feel when you see a naked women?” he asked a reporter for Rai Radio.

“Are women themselves not causing harm by unveiling themselves like this?”

The mayor of San Terenzo said the message had left the town’s residents “dumbfounded and indignant,” while an elderly female resident told Sky Italia television that Corsi “should keep a low profile as he has lots of secrets he would not wish to come out”.
http://www.thejournal.ie/piero-cors...-women-murder-sexual-violence-732418-Dec2012/

I like the cut of this guy's jib.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
At least he's not applying the same logic to the kiddie rapists within the Church.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
That is something that can't be said, that women dress "sexy" and booze it up and use drugs in dangerous situations then they get all surprised when they get robbed or raped.

I can't say "fault." I don't really think it is anybody's "fault" if crime happens to them but maybe a little culpability and responsibility needs to be assessed here? If somebody advertised their ownership of expensive goods and left the windows and doors unlocked with the lights off and no security and furthermore was unarmed and drunk when a robbery happened, wouldn't you think the person who got robbed, while in no way at fault, was a bit to blame here? That the victim was "asking for it?"

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I can't say "fault." I don't really think it is anybody's "fault" if crime happens to them but maybe a little culpability and responsibility needs to be assessed here? If somebody advertised their ownership of expensive goods and left the windows and doors unlocked with the lights off and no security and furthermore was unarmed and drunk when a robbery happened, wouldn't you think the person who got robbed, while in no way at fault, was a bit to blame here? That the victim was "asking for it?"
Why you gotta hate on Biv like that.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Is it wrong that I kinda agree with him?
I don't know. Is agreeing with a retarded old man, in a retarded, backwards village, belonging to a retarded, shitty religion, saying retarded, illogical things that have no connection with reality right or wrong?

Maybe. Or maybe you're onto something, and we should all start talking and acting as if we're retarded religious lunatics who never bother with logic, see if it works.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
That is something that can't be said, that women dress "sexy" and booze it up and use drugs in dangerous situations then they get all surprised when they get robbed or raped.
He didn't say anything about booze or drugs, or anyone putting themselves in dangerous situations. He's talking about clothes. So, please enlighten us, what exactly is the logical relationship between clothes and ****?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
No, you're right. These people do make responsible choices with alcohol, drugs and their clothing and do not put themselves at increased risk of being the victim in a sex crime...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I don't know. Is agreeing with a retarded old man, in a retarded, backwards village, belonging to a retarded, shitty religion, saying retarded, illogical things that have no connection with reality right or wrong?

Maybe. Or maybe you're onto something, and we should all start talking and acting as if we're retarded religious lunatics who never bother with logic, see if it works.
Thank you for proving how much of a mental defective you are....have fun with the parting gifts.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
No, you're right. These people do make responsible choices with alcohol, drugs and their clothing and do not put themselves at increased risk of being the victim in a sex crime...

Well after seeing that picture, I just can't help myself from raping now. Men should not be held accountable for their actions. Burkas for all!

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Dress with a little class and realize that the country has these savages in it, plus spics.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

This analogy makes no sense. The "store" is constantly being manned in so far as it is an actual human being. Suppose there's a jewelry store. It's opened to the public. The public can walk inside, look at the gems, rubies, and diamonds. They might be allowed to touch the sparkly expensive stuff. But if you grab the emerald and run or smash open the glass to get it, what? The store is to blame for being accessible to the public?

Dress with a little class and realize that the country has these savages in it, plus spics.

Yeah. Jeans and a quaint blouse would have stopped that guy.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Is it possible that all of a sudden men have gone mad? We don’t believe it.
Men aren't going "suddenly mad"; they're making conscious choices to rape. Nothing compelled them to do it beyond their own will. They have no respect for the rights of their fellow human beings. That's the problem. Conservative clothing won't stop a rapist. Wearing tasteful religious garb obviously didn't stop the alter boys from getting raped by Catholic priests, did it?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
The region’s bishop, Luigi Ernesto Palletti, stepped in as the story went viral and said Corsi’s words were “unacceptable and go against the church’s common feeling on the matter”.
i find that statement to be the worst of them all. the bible is incredibly anti-woman.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Rapists gonna rape. It doesn't matter what fucking clothes women have on, because hell, old grannies get the rough one every now and again. But on the other hand, if a girl wears revealing clothing, she can't be upset when guys start looking. It's the fucking perv switch. Some men have one, others resist that urge for as long as they humanly can (THP).

This is just like saying VIDEO GAMES MAKE KIDS VIOLENT. Or heavy metal, or The Beatles, or books, etc etc etc. People always have to point the finger away from themselves and say "THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD! BAN THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF IT!"

No one understands how to take personal responsibility. Hey, some men are gonna rape. Sad fact of life. Some men will shoot up schools. Some people like pepperoni on their pizzas, others are simply retarded.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
So the less clothes a woman has on, the more natural it is for shenanigans to ensue. Logical conclusion: It is God's will for us to rape. If it wasn't, He would at least put some pj's on us before miracle-ing us out of our mother's cunts. (Preferably with footies.) Learn to read the writing on the wall. What more of a tipoff can there be regarding God's intentions than the condition we're fucking BORN in??

This priest is confused. If he wants to do God's work he ought to toss those shitty rosaries in a gutter and go pick up a few cases of lube and some duct tape.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Yep we need ninja-like burkas and draconian social laws like the Taliban. Maybe we can hire the Taliban here in 'Murcia to teach us how to keep women down with religious pressure.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I do think some parents over sexualize their children..dressing them in outfits that women in their 20's would be wearing. Particularly single mothers. The creepy pedos and rapists I've transported...I really believe that they can't control themselves. They see something and a switch goes off..

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Somehow this quote from the priest slipped by everyone:

“I don’t know whether you’re a queer or not, but what do you feel when you see a naked women?” he asked a reporter for Rai Radio.
Gotta love these old-school religious nutcases. They say what's on their minds, no matter what.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

You're retarded. No one with an IQ over 70 thinks that wearing that is gonna cause someone to become a rapist. No one with an IQ over 70 thinks that someone who's already a rapist is gonna pick those two skanks, to ****.

Rapists **** women who are inaccessible to them, stupid. It has nothing to do with clothes. You might as well look for a connection between **** and Jews. Oh, that's right...that's probably your next stop.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
You're retarded. No one with an IQ over 70 thinks that wearing that is gonna cause someone to become a rapist. No one with an IQ over 70 thinks that someone who's already a rapist is gonna pick those two skanks, to ****.

Rapists **** women who are inaccessible to them, stupid. It has nothing to do with clothes.
I bow to your level of experience.