Priest Working For TSA After Catholic Church Fires Him For Molesting Kids

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
If you were fired from your job where parents trust you with their kids, where else could you go where parents are more than happy to let you feel up their kids right in front of them?

By Ben Simmoneau

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) –
The CBS 3 I-Team has learned that a Catholic priest who was removed from the ministry over sex abuse allegations now holds a sensitive security post at Philadelphia International Airport.

The security checkpoint between Terminals D and E is a busy place where thousands of people – including lots of kids – pass through every day. But you might not believe who the I-Team observed working as a TSA supervisor at that checkpoint this week: Thomas Harkins.

Until 2002, Harkins was a Catholic priest working at churches across South Jersey. But the Diocese of Camden removed him from ministry because it found he sexually abused two young girls. Now, in a new lawsuit, a third woman is claiming she also is one of Harkins’ victims.
The I-Team asked Harkins about the suit as he was leaving his shift at the airport.

“I have nothing to say,” was Harkins’ reply.

The new lawsuit, filed in federal court against the Camden Diocese says quite a bit. It accuses Harkins of sexually abusing an 11-year-old girl 10 to 15 times in 1980 and 1981. The lawsuit, filed on behalf of the alleged victim, claims the abuse occurred while Harkins was a priest at Saint Anthony of Padua parish in Hammonton, NJ, with one assault even occurring in Harkins’ bedroom at the rectory.

The I-Team asked Harkins if the traveling public should be worried.

“No, they shouldn’t be,” he said.

“The public should not be worried with you in a position like this despite your past?” reporter Ben

Simmoneau asked.

“I have nothing to say,” Harkins repeated.
He then used his TSA badge to walk into a restricted area where our cameras could not follow.

“They should know who they’re hiring,” said Karen Polesir, a Philadelphia spokeswoman with the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP). She believes Harkins’ TSA job is inappropriate.

“As the public, we are screened to our underwear getting on a plane, and yet they hire a man like that.”

A TSA official tells the I-Team Harkins’ title is “Transportation Security Manager, Baggage,” meaning he deals mostly with luggage, not passengers.

“Sure, that’s his title,” Polesir said. “That doesn’t mean that’s where he stays, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t fill other roles when necessary.”
T
he TSA says all its employees go through a criminal background check before they’re hired, but because these cases are so old, criminal charges were not filed. A spokesman says the Camden Diocese settled the first two lawsuits with Harkins’ accusers–it has not seen this suit just yet.
I can already hear the excuses the TSA loving trendies will give.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Not 100% sure why he can't have a job.
And of course the first one comes from Jersey. Lets give this guy a job where he can randomly accuse kids of being with ALQ and feel them up for safety, great idea.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
He's a baggage manager. And he was never convicted so not too much can be done there. Non-story.

You're a one trick pony. And even that one trick is weak as hell.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
He's a baggage manager. And he was never convicted so not too much can be done there. Non-story.

You're a one trick pony. And even that one trick is weak as hell.
I saw that coming from a mile away. More Jersey excuses for the priest.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Kirk, L2Read. He was canned as a priest in NJ but got a job in Philly. Update your bullshit.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I get the whole "never been convicted" argument but
considering the job, I think they could do a better job
of screening applicants.

TSA people are given too much power to begin with so
I would expect they hire people with less questionable
pasts to insure our air safety.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
He shouldn't be able to have another job because he was a priest. I find that much more offensive than kid touching.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Well, that took longer than I expected.

The TSA shouldn't exist, and this guy can be a bartender or something.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I hope you fine gentlemen are only siding with the TSA to shit on Kirk.

If you really think security sensitive federal agencies having poorer standards than the Catholic Church in selecting personnel is acceptable, that's just plain silly.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Who else is supposed to properly train other agents in the art of feeling up 6-year-olds? This guy deserves a promotion to management.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's okay. He molested girls.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Wait until Kirk finds out what the disgraced Rabbi's are doing......tony bugger.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
The trendies always side with the TSA. They love it.
Eat my shit you fuck. The TSA are worthless assholes. For someone who traveled probably more than anyone on this board I can say I hate the TSA and their wasteful use of resources but I for one could give a fuck where they've been. I'm sure lots of shady fucks have jobs doing shit we would find offensive. I'm sure some asshole who made your pizza an hour before delivery jerked off in the restroom of the Dominos before he spread your mozzarella. You don't fucking know.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
The trendies always side with the TSA. They love it.
And stop shitting on people from Jersey you cunt. Tell me who I should have voted for so I can receive your Jesus Jones praises and approval.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
No response from Kirk. Shocker. Too busy shopping for Catcher in the Rye I guess.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I agree with Kirk, I don't see why anyone would hire a priest.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I agree with Kirk, I don't see why anyone would hire a priest.
Exactly. If a former priest comes to you looking for a job, drop his resume in the shredder.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Exactly. If a former priest comes to you looking for a job, drop his resume in the shredder.
Might as well have one of them black names.

NuttyJim

It's My Birthday!
Feb 18, 2006
No response from Kirk. Shocker. Too busy shopping for Catcher in the Rye I guess.
Kirk spent his childhood reading Goosebumps and RL Stine books. It wasn't until he read "The Boat Rocker" by Terrance Mann he went over the deep end and hasn't talked or seen his family since.