Prince, Record Label Go Crazy over Dancing Babyon You Tube

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
:arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

In the battle between record companies and Internet users over copyright issues, an 18-month-old baby dancing to Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" finds himself smack in the middle.

Stephanie Lenz posted a 29-second video clip of her son dancing to the Prince track back in February, according to ABC News. In June, she received an email from YouTube saying that her video had been removed at the request of Universal Music Publishing Group, and that she could have her YouTube account canceled in the event of any future copyright infringements.

In response to Universal's "takedown notice," Lenz filed a "counter-notice" and her video was restored six weeks later. For its part, YouTube told ABC that they are bound by provisions in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to honor all takedown and counter-notices.

In a statement released to ABC, Universal said, "Prince believes it is wrong for YouTube, or any user-generated site, to appropriate his music without his consent ... It's simply a matter of principle."

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KfJHFWlhQ[/media]

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/27/prince-record-label-go-crazy-over-dancing-baby

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I always thought prince sucked anyway. What a......

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
counter point:

um,,,, its his. so if he doesnt want some soccer mom putting her stupid fucking kid dancing to it up on the internet, that's his right, now is he a douche, yes, but its his right, but if he sued her for it and won millions of bucks he would be a mega douche, and a dick weed.

i personally feel that the record company's suing and winning against poor black girls repulsive, but once again it is with in there rights to protect there "intellectual property"

its like rogan and mencia, is mencia a dick for stealing rogans shit? yes, but should rogan kill him for it? no.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
counter point:

um,,,, its his. so if he doesnt want some soccer mom putting her stupid fucking kid dancing to it up on the internet, that's his right, now is he a douche, yes, but its his right.

I agree. It is easy to say he is being a dick (and make no mistake, he is) but music is how he makes his living and it is his right to decide how it will be used.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
How the fuck can anyone tell what's playing in the background of that shitfest video?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
It's a 29-second clip. Is he going to sue Amazon for putting audio samples on their site?
trust me they pay for that.
a friend of mine is a film maker, she pays friends to preform original music for her because it cost almost more than the film to pay to use music from other's