Prince (the singer) says women "happy" to wear burqa

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Prince, the musician behind such pop hits as "Purple Rain," has told a British newspaper that women forced to wear burqas in Islamic countries were "happy" to wear them.

In Islamic countries, Prince told the Guardian:

"It’s fun being in Islamic countries, to know there’s only one religion.

"There’s order. You wear a burqa. There’s no choice. People are happy with that."

When the interviewer pointed out perhaps that not every woman forced to wear the face- and form-covering cloak appreciated it, the singer — who "remains one of pop's biggest stars," according to the Guardian — reportedly said: "There are people who are unhappy with everything. There’s a dark side to everything."

Prince — embraced religion in 2001, when he became a Jehovah's Witness, the Guardian writes.

He was back in the news over the weekend after criticizing the organizers of the Glastonbury festival, claiming that rumors that he was to play the festival were an attempt to sell tickets on the back of his stardom. "They use my name to sell the festival," he said. "It's illegal. I've never spoken to anyone about doing that concert, ever."

Prince in 2007 had his lawyers instruct fan sites to remove all photographs and images related to his likeness.

Considered one of the most influential music acts of the past 30 years, Prince is drawing attention to his European tour this summer by making critical statements about the Internet and Web piracy.

He also reportedly has a meeting scheduled with President Barack Obama at the White House to discuss the issue.

"Nobody’s making money now except phone companies, Apple and Google," he told the Guardian.

Prince seemed to backtrack on his burqa comments later in the Guardian interview. "My view of the world, you can debate that forever. But I’m a musician … come to the show for that."
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatche...e-burqa-glastonbury-festival-europe-pop-music

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
[video=youtube;PaKHR6oe52Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q[/video]

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
Of course they're happy... you wear the burqa, you keep your clit.

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
[video=youtube;YOGUqXRXPts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGUqXRXPts[/video]

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
Chemtrails maaaaaaaaaaan thermite paint zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
One reason they may be happy is because muslim men really love to ****. There is a **** epidemic in Europe because of all the muslims that are moving in. The muslim perv switch has a hair trigger. Those ninja outfits probably help keep that perv switch in check a little bit.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
One reason they may be happy is because muslim men really love to ****. There is a **** epidemic in Europe because of all the muslims that are moving in. The muslim perv switch has a hair trigger. Those ninja outfits probably help keep that perv switch in check a little bit.
As opposed to any western culture that is just giddy about rape.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
anthony bordan did a special in saudi arabia with a saudi woman, she said that she liked the way there culture was structured because it protected them from the men. thats saying a lot about how savage they are over there.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
prince simply lives in his own world. he can't comprehend that he can't get a giraffe at 3am. kevin smith has a great story about how lost in his own shit prince is on "an evening with kevin smith."

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
This fucker's a Jehovah's Witness. You think I label Mormon's as fucking batshit? Your average Witness makes Kirk Strong look like a god damn presidential candidate.

Aug 11, 2005
[video=youtube;8c2xg3WXA58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2xg3WXA58[/video]

Aww but at 4:00 is some of that lovemakin' music.

Reminds me of this chick that had the stankiest pussy ever!

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Sucks. I've been a fan of his for years, and now he's all religious? He should get his ass back to Lake Minetanka.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Well, he's right. The problem is that he's only looking at a very, very narrow slice of reality.

There is a lot of order in many countries in the Middle East, especially compared to the US. That's because there's very little freedom, like being forced to wear burqas. Burqas are only one aspect of the lack of freedom. Freedom isn't comfortable. It isn't easy. Freedom, often enough, is just the freedom to starve.

Russell Peters was on Joe Rogan's podcast this week, and he said something to the effect that Middle Eastern countries were more freedom of speech than Western countries, because they didn't have a lot of politically correct shit there. "You just can't talk about the government or Islam, is all..." is a paraphrase of what he said.

Ummm... the ability to criticize the local government and religion pretty much defines freedom of speech, Russell. PC bullshit is ridiculous, granted, especially the stuff that Peters and Rogan were talking about (Tracy Morgan/Jo Koi apologizing for the use of "faggot"), but in the end that's stuff on the relative periphery of the freedom of speech. It's important, but it's not the government throwing you in prison.

Artists/actors/musicians/comics are the last people you should listen to for their political takes. At the most, it's amusing when they agree with you, but the truth is that their worldview is often too narrow to understand the big picture.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
my god-the little purple homosexual has finally lost his mind. ugh.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
The man does have a point. I've never seen one that looked like she wasn't happy.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
In other news, Prince is still clearly gay. However, there is something to be said for finding happiness in structure and conformity. Fuck Islam and their savage primitive bullshit, but if you really do some research, you can find interviews with freed American slaves who say that they miss slavery because the "real world" (for lack of a better phrase) is so complicated and difficult to navigate.