Public warned about freed wildlife

From Maggie Schneider, CNN

updated 11:03 PM EST, Tue October 18, 2011

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Ohio owner of exotic animals found dead
Bears, lions, tigers, cheetahs and wolves escape
Authorities given "shoot to kill" order
Area residents warned to stay indoors

(CNN) -- Dozens of animals -- including bears, lions, tigers, cheetahs and wolves -- are on the prowl in eastern Ohio, authorities said Tuesday night.

Area residents were urged to stay indoors until all the animals had been controlled. Authorities were "shooting to kill," said Muskingum County Sheriff Matthew J. Lutz. Forty-eight had been freed, and as of 8:40 p.m. ET, about two dozen had been shot, Lutz said.

The animals' owner was found dead of unknown circumstances on Tuesday, according to CNN affiliate WBNS.

The Columbus Zoo, Ohio State Police and The Wilds, a safari-themed park, have responded to the incident, the state police said.
[video=youtube;HigxGvmHEdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HigxGvmHEdQ[/video]

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I'm actually sad. A bunch of beautiful animals are going to be slaughtered and killed by a few asshole with guns in the name of "public safety".

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I'm actually sad. A bunch of beautiful animals are going to be slaughtered and killed by a few asshole with guns in the name of "public safety".
That does kinda suck, but doesn't this sound a little suspicious? Animals just wouldn't be able to escape if the owner died of natural causes... it sounds like either he let the animals free and then committed suicide (or was killed by them), or someone killed him and freed the animals.

Out of all of them, the fucking wolves would probably intimidate me the most.

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
Apparently he had been previously ordered
to shut down his place. No word on his death
but suicide would sound about right.

According to the news around here at noon
there are only 3 still on the loose.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That does kinda suck, but doesn't this sound a little suspicious? Animals just wouldn't be able to escape if the owner died of natural causes... it sounds like either he let the animals free and then committed suicide (or was killed by them), or someone killed him and freed the animals.

Out of all of them, the fucking wolves would probably intimidate me the most.
3) The animals killed him as part of their escape attempt.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
No word on his death
but suicide would sound about right.
And now it's confirmed.

"Go, be free! Live for me!"

Stupid fruitcake. You and your dumb animals are all dead now. Haha.

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
I was feeling depressed a few years back and I was thinking about doing this, but dumping out my sea monkeys and ant farm wouldn't have been as dramatic.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
Poor animals. They're probably safer than the negroes we let run around wild.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Every year one of these rich white trash ignorant fucks in this state who own exotic animals lose one, its usually just a single lion or tiger

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Can you imagine the shit that would flow out your ass, if you came upon a 300 lb. Bengal Tiger? Not to mention questioning your sanity

A tiger...in America? (shhh, shhh)

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Can you imagine the shit that would flow out your ass, if you came upon a 300 lb. Bengal Tiger? Not to mention questioning your sanity

A tiger...in America? (shhh, shhh)
What if you saw a male instead of a female?

The average weight of males is 221.2 kg (488 lb), while that of females is 139.7 kg (308 lb).

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
i was just watching the news and they posted comments from views that basically all said they should have gathered the animals instead of killing them. ok moonbeam, you go wrangle up a dozen or so lions. let me know how that works out.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
i was just watching the news and they posted comments from views that basically all said they should have gathered the animals instead of killing them. ok moonbeam, you go wrangle up a dozen or so lions. let me know how that works out.

I read them too and had to stop after a couple. People talk so much shit behind a keyboard.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Nah, wolves are pretty laid back and cool. It's the cats that'll fuck you up.
The horror stories I've heard of people coming up on a pack of wolves always stuck with me. I've never been that intimidated by mountain lions... although I do understand these cats that escaped are a little more dangerous than a mountain lion.