Probably one of the dumbest things I've done in a while

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
So last night I go out to play pool. Long story short, I stayed out all night long, got wrecked and at 6am decided that I pretty much couldn't go home, so I went straight back to work. I've been here since 630a. Yes I am wearing the same clothes from yesterday but at least I went to the bathroom, freshened up and put on some makeup so I don't look like a total zombie.
I'm going to crash hard later I know it.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
That's... that's tough going.

How was it that you didn't just call it in? That's what the sick day was invented for. So that at six o'clock in the morning, when the sun is beginning to peek over the horizon and the bar owner's dog is still numbly licking blue chalk from your fingertips, you whip that phone out and BAM!
Sick day.
Love it.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I don't know. I think it was just guilt. I have this ridiculous work ethic is that is like ingrained in me and I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.
To be honest it's actually kind of amusing. I basically plan on sitting here and just having an open MS Access database up all day to make it look like I'm doing something and I'll just not do jack shit until it's time to go home. I suppose that goes against my whole work ethic thing, but whatever. I'm trashed.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I understand about the guilt thing.

I know that Devil's Advocate was a lousy movie, but there's a great line in there. Al Pacino tells Keanu Reaves the following:

"Guilt. It's like a bag of fuckin' bricks. Just put it down."

So fine. So you're sitting at your desk, staring at the monitor, you click something if a supervisor comes by, and instead you could just be all cuddly-up in your big soft, warm bed. You could sleep until three in the afternoon, get up, have a cup of coffee, masturbate, and get right back into bed.

But instead you have 'guilt.'

How's it workin' out for ya so far?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
That's right. You've got a little devil on your lfet shoulder whispering evil nothings into your ear, and it's a bleached little wheelchair-bound bastard with spectacular hair.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
for Shame....ha Ha Ha....good For You...shame, Shame, Shame....

Would You Like A Nice Greasy Porkchop Served In A Dirty Ashtray?

Ha Ha Ha

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
I stayed out all night long, got wrecked and at 6am decided that I pretty much couldn't go home, so I went straight back to work. I've been here since 630a. Yes I am wearing the same clothes from yesterday

You, madam - get my vote for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

:icon_mrgr:icon_cool

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Nikki Sixx isn't shit compared to me when I get my Irish up (sans all the heroin of course...)

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Nikki Sixx isn't shit compared to me when I get my Irish up (sans all the heroin of course...)
as Winger once sang:

"Up all niiiight - sleep all day" :icon_mrgr

ahhh the good old days when I could stay out all night and go to work and be semi functional.

I miss them

I don't.

I get a headache now, just thinking about it :p

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
At lunch time call back and tell them you gots the food poisoning. Just make sure you have a believable place to trace it back to, like a street vendor.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I used to work at Gatsby's (where Outback is now) ... my night would start at 6 PM and end around 5:30 AM. I'd usually have a pretty good buzz on when we left. Then some of us would hit the diner for breakfast (and mega amounts of coffee) and then I'd head home, take a shower and head to work at Fortunoff for my 9-5 day. Did this Wednesday through Saturday for 3 years

Good times good times

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
I used to work at Gatsby's (where Outback is now) ... my night would start at 6 PM and end around 5:30 AM. I'd usually have a pretty good buzz on when we left. Then some of us would hit the diner for breakfast (and mega amounts of coffee) and then I'd head home, take a shower and head to work at Fortunoff for my 9-5 day. Did this Wednesday through Saturday for 3 years

Good times good times
I use to live in Gatsby's....remember bring your own giant mug night? Was friends with the guys in "Belly Button" too.....I miss the 90's.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I use to live in Gatsby's....remember bring your own giant mug night? Was friends with the guys in "Belly Button" too.....I miss the 90's.
Holy crap....I forgot all about giant mug night!! Belly Button brought in a decent crowd - I made good tips when they played. Actually I made good tips any night I worked, especially in the winter when I worked the coat room.

I miss that place - was there when it was a bar, then the pub/restaurant/cafe. I stopped hanging out there when it became a sports bar - too many a-holes started hanging out there then ... any time we went in there there was a brawl.

Effing Dennis really screwed a lot of people, including his partners, when he shuttered the doors and disappeared.

Six-Pack

Feb 25, 2004
If that's one of the worst things you've done lately, you're doing alright for yourself.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
If that's one of the worst things you've done lately, you're doing alright for yourself.
Yeah I've been known to go to town pretty hard on the weekends, but I just haven't pulled shit like this on a work night in a loooooooong time.