Problem with my XM unit

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
I would have posted this under XM411 but I cant remember my username or password :

I have an In the dash unit where the XM is on my car stereo not in a separate unit . Igot a trailer hitch put in the other day where they tapped into my taillights and did what they needed to do to get that working . When I pulled out my XM radio wasnt working , The station ID was stuck on 202 and I cant change the station , and worse of all no sound comes out . My CD and Radio work fine but the XM is screwed up .

I bought it back to Uhaul and they looked it over 3 times without being able to find anything ...does anyone on here have any Idea what it could be ?:huh:

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I would have posted this under XM411 but I cant remember my username or password :

I have an In the dash unit where the XM is on my car stereo not in a separate unit . Igot a trailer hitch put in the other day where they tapped into my taillights and did what they needed to do to get that working . When I pulled out my XM radio wasnt working , The station ID was stuck on 202 and I cant change the station , and worse of all no sound comes out . My CD and Radio work fine but the XM is screwed up .

I bought it back to Uhaul and they looked it over 3 times without being able to find anything ...does anyone on here have any Idea what it could be ?:huh:
It may sound kind of simple but have you tried resetting the unit by taking the battery out and putting it back in? Maybe something got tripped when you installed your trailer hitch with the wiring and all?

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
It may sound kind of simple but have you tried resetting the unit by taking the battery out and putting it back in? Maybe something got tripped when you installed your trailer hitch with the wiring and all?
My myfi has done the same thing several times.

What model XM unit we talking about? They way it was originally typed, sounds like you have an XM ready receiver?

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
My myfi has done the same thing several times.

What model XM unit we talking about? They way it was originally typed, sounds like you have an XM ready receiver?
He said he had an Inno though he shortened it to "IN" in his post :)

King Jumungus

C*NT... The only thing missing is you.
Dec 20, 2005
Charleston, SC
I have a roady XT that tends to crap out. It will say ANTENNA and i have to pull the roady off the base and reattach it to get things rollin again. I hate that fucking thing.

Tickle The Bag

It's cold out here.
May 5, 2005
NJ
I was very confused... and still am. :D

If it were an XM ready receiver, he would not have to "pull it out"
ya. In dash unit is what he said. In meaning not out. I believe you are correct. It sounds like an XM ready receiver.

I bring nothing to the table.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
Go back to uhaul and have them cut the wires they installed and tape them off. If you can all of a sudden change channels again tell them to find a different way to wire the trailer plug. It sounds like the have a ground hooked up somewhere wrong.

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
Five bucks says they cut your antennae wire.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way

This may be way off base, but it's worth a try...

Login to your Listener Care Online Account, or create an account...

https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/login.xm

... then refresh the radio.

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
I cant get my radio ID cause the channels wont turn ......If the antenna was cut it still would change channels right ?

Jan 22, 2007
LI
Did u try disconnecting the car battery yet??
Unhook it and let it sit for a few min then hook it back up.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL

Did you smash it in protest a couple months back? Other than that, I'm out of ideas.:action-sm

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
I cant get my radio ID cause the channels wont turn ......
Somewhere in the lit when you bought the car/unit the radio id should be printed for your convenience. It might even be stamped on the unit. Yeah, I know... you're looking at the hassle of yanking your system out of the dash. Have you contacted the dealer? You might even try calling XM. As clueless as they often are, it still might be worth the call.

If the antenna was cut it still would change channels right ?
I believe that is the case. Right now the best suggestion is in another post. Disconnect the battery for a bit. The durn thing might just be like most microsquishy junk and reset.

hth

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Did you fuck your mother yet?

Oh...wait...wrong situation.

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
I don't remember, but there may be a fuse on the XM box itself. If they tapped into the same circuit for 12V power, it may have blown.

If there is one, replace it. If it still blows, you've got yourself a short somewhere, and U-Haul should fix it, since it didn't do that before they did work on your rig.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
I don't remember, but there may be a fuse on the XM box itself. If they tapped into the same circuit for 12V power, it may have blown.

If there is one, replace it. If it still blows, you've got yourself a short somewhere, and U-Haul should fix it, since it didn't do that before they did work on your rig.
If the fuse were blown - Does an integrated unit have a fuse? - the display would light up, don't you think?

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
I have been back to U-haul 3 times in the past 3 days and they have no idea what was wrong . They insist all the did was tap into my rear lights and thats it . My antenna is in the front of the car so that cant be it ?

Im just going to bring it back to Circuit City where I bought it and have it troubleshooted .

:arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Pull the deck, and disconnect power to the XM receiver itself.

Once disconnected, say 'No. YOU fuck your mother' then reattach the power line.

Turn on the deck & see what you get.

I don't think it's a fuse, since the deck is still getting info from the tuner... probably just a surge since they wired the hitch lights in hot.

good luck

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
when the bullet went thew the battery it shorted out

M

MrSparkle

What kind of a car is it? Most likely the unit is mounted in the trunk, you should see a small box with two wires for the antenna and 1 plug with a bunch of wires that integrates it to your in dash. Pull that plug out and that will kill the power to it, plug it back in after about 30 seconds and that should reset it.