Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Most people know about it from this video:

But along comes this and makes that other one look silly:

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
That's pretty sick. I kept waiting for Tupac to show up.

YouTube wouldn't let me watch the first video on my iPad. Yet I could turn around and watch on my computer. Dear YouTube: stop being a cunt.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
To belabor the obvious what sells "Box" is that the imagery calculations are slaved to the position and rotation of the screens, as well as the position/rotation of the camera recording them, which is also motion-control gimbaled.

Which would imply that you couldn't provide such a spectacular performance to a live audience, where everyone is sitting in a different position.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
To belabor the obvious what sells "Box" is that the imagery calculations are slaved to the position and rotation of the screens, as well as the position/rotation of the camera recording them, which is also motion-control gimbaled.

Which would imply that you couldn't provide such a spectacular performance to a live audience, where everyone is sitting in a different position.
They do it with static scenes for live audiences (as you can see in the first video and others like it on Youtube). I think only the motion of the screens is location-specific. Also, in the Box video they did some stuff you could only do with tracked camera motion (the round hallway part is a good example)

Look at this one. Clearly people are viewing it from multiple angles.