OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Protecthealthcare.org commercials

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by VMS, Jul 12, 2011.

1. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtectHealthcareTV[/video]

This is rich. No, it really is.

Fuck you baby boomer fucks who are now fighting to keep your government trough.

When you fuckers started voting in the 60s, America had a surplus and was at the top of its fucking game. No, things weren't perfect, but when you selfish fucks (the "me" generation indeed) started "fixing" things you made them worse than they were before. You just spread the misery so that everyone was unhappy.

Now you're retiring and you don't want to fade the reality that all the bullshit programs you helped put into office is crashing the fucking economy. And now you're running an unconcealed "don't take away our stuff or we'll vote you out!" message.

You had your moment in the sun, and now you want your grandchildren and great-grandchildren to learn what your parents went through in the Great Depression.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

2. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

There were more supluses in the 90's than in the 60's. There was only one in the 60's and it came 4 years after Medicare passed. Not sure if I really follow your point...

[​IMG]

3. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Budgetary surplus != surplus surplus.

If I put together a budget for my household and I have a surplus of ~$1k/month, but I still have $10k in credit card debt, that's not a "real" surplus.

The surplus in the 90s was a budgetary surplus. We still had (and have more of it, now) trillions of dollars of debt.

In the 60s, the US often had yearly budgetary deficits, but the US gov't itself kept a surplus. It wasn't until the late 60s/early 70s that the US gov't's overall surplus went into the shitter.

And of course the budgetary surpluses in the 90s were bigger: do we really need a Dr. Evil reset on what one million dollars in the 60s vs. the 90s meant?

4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

How is this any different than a grassroots movement based on say Strict-constitutionalism or the Environment? If you feel your Representatives don't represent your interests, isn't that the American way to throw the bums out?

5. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

IIRC we actually took in more money in revenue than we spent in those years in the 90's. And we also paid down some of the debt from the 80's.