PS Vita, Anyone?

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Anyone planning on getting the PS Vita next week? I almost bit on the First Edition bundle this week, but I didn't like what came in the bundle. I'm glad I waited, as Future Shop in Canada is bundling a 4GB card and $20 credit towards any game with the wifi model on the 22nd and 23rd.

I preordered mine today and plan on using the $20 credit towards Hot Shots Golf or Lumines. Anyone else plan on getting it or know of any other launch bundle deals?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I may get one, but as it is the middle of a school semester, if I do get one, it will just be collecting dust until May. I try not to play video games during the semester.

porch24

Nov 20, 2009
Mass
Got one on preorder. I felt the same about the bundle, didn't feel like wasting money on a shitty 4 GB card and that dumb game. For the same price, I can get a 16 GB card and FIFA along with the WiFi system.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I'll pick one up when it hits 2nd generation or if $300 falls into my lap before then. So far the system seems to have some great games.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Went to gamestop today in the mall closeby to get a game or two for my kid. Oh look, a Vita Display. Let's see what's on it for good games. FUCK ALL NOTHING! No Uncharted? No Wipeout? No Katamari, no Hot Shots? (all of which by the way are middle of the road for 'must play' games)

You're leading one of the make or break aspects of your next gen lineup with F1 2011 and Virtua Tennis?

Fucking lame.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Went to gamestop today in the mall closeby to get a game or two for my kid. Oh look, a Vita Display. Let's see what's on it for good games. FUCK ALL NOTHING! No Uncharted? No Wipeout? No Katamari, no Hot Shots? (all of which by the way are middle of the road for 'must play' games)

You're leading one of the make or break aspects of your next gen lineup with F1 2011 and Virtua Tennis?

Fucking lame.
The Vita in my mall was loaded with Uncharted and Wipeout...I was amazed how good both games look and play.

Pumpsie Green

Oct 17, 2008
I played my PSP for about a week (only after hearing Ralphie talking about gettin high and playing). Handheld games = phones.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Around my area I've been noticing that the 32GB memory card has been selling out everywhere. I should have grabbed one when I saw it last week. Guess I'll have to live with the shite 4GB that I'll be getting in my bundle until they are in stock again.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
People are saying uncharted looks pretty good on it. Still, there isn't enough games for it yet. Rumor is that Sony is going to use the operating system for a phone.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I had one preordered at Amazon, but decided to cancel, I'm just not going to play it enough.

I'll get one eventually but I'm in no hurry.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
People are saying uncharted looks pretty good on it. Still, there isn't enough games for it yet. Rumor is that Sony is going to use the operating system for a phone.
Wondering if it's as user friendly for different file types as the PSP was. Toss a movie/show onto MP4, load it onto there and off you go. Was great. Paranoid that won't be the same for Vita.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Wondering if it's as user friendly for different file types as the PSP was. Toss a movie/show onto MP4, load it onto there and off you go. Was great. Paranoid that won't be the same for Vita.
It supports mp4 format video, I remember the guy from one of the PS3 twitter accounts saying he just ripped Family Guy from DVD into mp4 and it played on the Vita and looked great.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
OMG I fucking love this thing!!!!! Super Stardust Delta is sooo great. you can access your PS3 with remote play anywhere you get internet and can play your PS3 games on it. I was playing Red Dead earlier at work on my Vita. It doesn't work with all games right now but in theory if the game developers are on board this IS a portable PS3.

Oh and Uncharted is fucking great and the Metal Gear Collection & Final Fantasy X is coming out for it. Yippie!

And yes I know the early bundle is kinda shitty accessory wise (only came with a 4gb card) but fuck it.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Oh and Uncharted is fucking great and the Metal Gear Collection & Final Fantasy X is coming out for it. Yippie!

And yes I know the early bundle is kinda shitty accessory wise (only came with a 4gb card) but fuck it.
Nice. I went big and was able to pick up a 32GB card today. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the free 4gb card I'll be getting on Wednesday. Those things are so fucking tiny I didn't want to bother swapping out tiny cards and risk dropping one and losing it somewhere out in public.

I've decided to get Hot Shots Golf on a card since I can get it for $10 in-store from all the launch discounts, and when I get home I'll probably dump a bunch of my PSP games via the PSN Store, as the PSP games look and sound a lot better on the Vita than it did on the PSP.

And judging by this video I can still use my old PSP for ad-hoc multiplayer with the Vita, so that's a pretty good reason to hold onto the old PSP when a buddy shows up or something.

[YT]Bx_eThVsTJ0[/YT]

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
I have a 32 but am holding on to the 4 gig to put all my ps1 classics on when it supports them. You can play them now through remote play but you can't play them off the Vita itself yet.

To be honest this will probable just turn into a pricy nostalgia machine for me with the occasion Vita game purchase.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
There's a few games I'd like for this, even at launch which is rare. SSD is one. Lumines is another. Will grab it up after the price drop.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'm not much into hand-held gaming, but if it bombs then I'll try to pick up one cheap when they dump inventory. I'm guessing it will be rooted and we'll be able to play old PC and console games on it.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Been playing with the Vita for a good part of the afternoon. This thing is fucking amazing. It's like a cross between a PSP, a PS3, a tablet, and XBOX Live. Got Hot Shots, Lumines so far. Tempted to grab the Super Stardust bundle or Escape Plan for $15. Actually got Hot Shots for free as the cashier forgot to scan the game, she just demagnetized the security and threw it in the bag, lol.

As of right now, there are 198 people "Near" me with a Vita. Uncharted, Super Stardust and Rayman are the top 3 games. Good times.

moviemogul

Aug 23, 2007
I'll get one after the initial price drop. Can't justify one right now, especially since I owe taxes this year

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
btw, saw this little tidbit on Valkyria Chronicles 2 for VITA:

NeoGAF: "Valkyria Chronicles II works, but you have to download it through PS3, it isn't up on the Vita store from what I have heard...
I can confirm this. Also, it's like 40 bucks on PSN normally, but if you search on PS3 for Valkyria, you'll see a bundle thats 22.49 thats the game and all the DLC. It'll transfer over onto the vita no problem. "

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
btw, saw this little tidbit on Valkyria Chronicles 2 for VITA:

NeoGAF: "Valkyria Chronicles II works, but you have to download it through PS3, it isn't up on the Vita store from what I have heard...
I can confirm this. Also, it's like 40 bucks on PSN normally, but if you search on PS3 for Valkyria, you'll see a bundle thats 22.49 thats the game and all the DLC. It'll transfer over onto the vita no problem. "
Yeah, there's a bunch of games like that. I think MGS: Peace Walker is also one of those games, which is odd considering Kojima was the one who talked about "transfarring". I know that MGS2 and MGS3 are future transfarring games for the Vita, because they actually mention that in the MGS HD manual.

And moving PSP games back and forth with the PS3/Vita is completely different than PS3/PSP. Once you connect the Vita to the PS3, you use the Vita's content manager app, rather than doing it from the PS3 XMB. Kinda threw me for a loop, as I sat on the couch with my dualshock wondering what the fuck I was doing wrong.

Edit: Confirming that Peace Walker can be transferred from the PS3-->Vita. But I'm not sure if you can "transfar" the save file with MGS HD while in-game like you could with the PSP. :icon_conf

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Got the PSVita. I love Lumines, and I can't wait for MLB The Show. Will say the back touchpad takes a bit of getting used to.

PSN name is BillLehecka.