PS Vita, Anyone?

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sucks that the Vita's browser doesn't do YouTube, but this video from IGN shows how you can download YouTube vids from the browser to watch with the Video viewer app.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/05/24/how-to-watch-youtube-on-your-vita

I can confirm that this trick not only works, but the videos in 720p look fucking amazing on the Vita's screen.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
i got my code for the LBP Vita beta last night......now i have to find my Vita. i have no fucking clue where i left it

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
No LBP beta for me, but this week has a pretty big Vita update at the PSN Store for me anyways. Picked up Gravity Rush (with Military DLC) and MGS HD, then the DLC packs for Pinball Arcade (Medieval Madness & Bride of Pinbot) and the Asylum pack for Escape Plan (.25 cents during limited offer).

Played through the first hour of Gravity Rush which is basically tutorial stuff and the level from the demo. Liking it a lot.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
LBP Vita is really, really good! the touch screens really come into play in the game.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Just bought on online about an hour ago. Hopefully it'll be worth it. If not, I guess I can always just resell it.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
got an email regarding the LBP Kart beta.......i hope i get into this one too!!!!!

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Heads up... Went to Future Shop today and saw copies of LittleBigPlanet Vita on the shelf so I scooped that fucker up 10 days before the official release date. Noticing on twitter that Gamestop is also breaking the release date early as well.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
Heads up... Went to Future Shop today and saw copies of LittleBigPlanet Vita on the shelf so I scooped that fucker up 10 days before the official release date. Noticing on twitter that Gamestop is also breaking the release date early as well.
are you f'n kidding me!?!?!?!? looks like i may be going to gamestop tomorrow
:icon_wink

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Picked up the 4gig, 4 game bundle.

So I need a Playstation Network account since I don't own a ps3? sure, i'll go get one. Oh! I can't get one because their website is a piece of shit? I see. So I don't get my games anytime soon. I see.

Well thanks for the 200.00 brick sony. Quality Product. No wonder I haven't gone near playstation since the ps2 was put out to pasture. Long live Xbox.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Took it back this afternoon. Couldn't set up an account on their website since it kept timing out (nice website sony). Uncharted and Wipeout were two of the four games in the bundle you got to keep.....until the free subscription to psn elapses in a year, then they're gone unless you renew the sub and start paying Sony. The best part is how its 3g and WiFi. Oh, you want 3g? Head over to an internet provider like Verizon and start up a monthly internet account with them, or no 3g and the function goes unused.

Fuck Sony in the same forbidden hole as Nintendo. Never again.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Took it back this afternoon. Couldn't set up an account on their website since it kept timing out (nice website sony). Uncharted and Wipeout were two of the four games in the bundle you got to keep.....until the free subscription to psn elapses in a year, then they're gone unless you renew the sub and start paying Sony. The best part is how its 3g and WiFi. Oh, you want 3g? Head over to an internet provider like Verizon and start up a monthly internet account with them, or no 3g and the function goes unused.

Fuck Sony in the same forbidden hole as Nintendo. Never again.
So...wait. Part of your complaint is you have to pay to use the internet?

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
So...wait. Part of your complaint is you have to pay to use the internet?
Part of my complaint is how its all bright and sunshine on the surface, but charges up the ass after you leave the store. I was a goose thinking it'd work out of the box like the psp. The 3g thing is minor. What really ends my drive to have one is the other two piles of shit.

Last edited:

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I was on the verge of buying one of these, mainly to play Persona 4 Golden, but went with the 3DS XL in the end. I'm happy with my purchase.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I can't stop playing Rayman Origins. Also like Madden on it. It's a nice mobile video game console.