PS3 Online Store?

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
360 has market place. We have to buy points to buy thinks like extra maps and such for games like COD4 or car packs for NFS and such. Free paint jobs for NASCAR games while 360 owners pay 800 points ($10).

A friend of mine says PS3 owners dont have to pay for any of those. they get all that stuff for free. Whats the deal. Is this true? If not How do you get points? Ive never seen the cards like our MS points in stores.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
360 has market place. We have to buy points to buy thinks like extra maps and such for games like COD4 or car packs for NFS and such. Free paint jobs for NASCAR games while 360 owners pay 800 points ($10).

A friend of mine says PS3 owners dont have to pay for any of those. they get all that stuff for free. Whats the deal. Is this true? If not How do you get points? Ive never seen the cards like our MS points in stores.
Well you get some things free, but game add-ons aren't free. They are like $1.99 or $4.99 depending on what they are.

You don't buy points on the PSN. You just use your credit card. You can set it up to save your credit info if you'd like as well so you can just click and buy what you want when you want it. Sir, your friend is a liar :)

There are a bunch of neat free things though. Kind of like movie trailers, Blu-Ray release trailers, game trailers, desktop themes/wallpapers and game demos.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Well you get some things free, but game add-ons aren't free. They are like $1.99 or $4.99 depending on what they are.

You don't buy points on the PSN. You just use your credit card. You can set it up to save your credit info if you'd like as well so you can just click and buy what you want when you want it. Sir, your friend is a liar :)

There are a bunch of neat free things though. Kind of like movie trailers, Blu-Ray release trailers, game trailers, desktop themes/wallpapers and game demos.
Those are free on X-Box too... And new maps for stuff like GOW are free also...The only thing I had to pay for on X-box are like new songs for GH and RB...

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
r6 vegas addons were ten bucks for the two versions the first 3 weeks, then they went free

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
if you are willing to wait most of the time the games such as Halo the add ons are free. If you are an impatient douche then it will cost you money.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
I would like to see more free demos of their arcade type games on psn. I love super stardust HD, but i wouldnt have taken a chance on 10 bucks(yea im cheap) if I hadnt heard about or played the demo first. I hear good things about everyday shooter, pain, flOw, but i need to try them. Like I almost bought calling all cars til i saw how bad it was :(

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Thanks for the feedback. For the most part I figured it was horse shit. Why would the charge for maps on Live and give it away on PSN? I see trials and theme and such. Old maps and stuff sure. New releases no. Thanks again.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
The benefit of the PSN is that you know how much you're spending...not cashing in little tickets like you're at Chuck E Cheese.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
The benefit of the PSN is that you know how much you're spending...not cashing in little tickets like you're at Chuck E Cheese.
even though the wii and 360 indicate how much the points cost, and items that are on psn and live cost the same amount irl. you're trying too hard, its all overpriced shit, points or not