PS3 Promotion

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hey guys. Well for those of you who have been on the fence over purchasing a PS3 because of it's price then maybe this deal will interest you.

From now until September 30th you get FIVE free Blu-Ray movies with your purchase of the Playstation 3. That would be approx $125 or more worth of free movies. You can find the list of movies to pick from by looking at the PDF rebate form at www.bluraysavings.com

Also, there is another deal that doesn't last as long. If you go to www.sonystyle.com between July 1st and July 8th you can get a $50 gift card with your PS3 purchase if you buy two games and an extra controller.

I know it doesn't sound like much but it would basically be like getting a free controller after buying games that you'd be buying for the console anyway.

I just thought I'd let you guys know from those who hadn't heard of the deal and remind the others who may have forgotten.

Here is the list of Blu-Ray movies you have to pick from:

The Last Waltz
Transporter II
Resident Evil II
The Italian Job
Blazing Saddles
Underworld: Evolution
Black Rain
Stealth
Chicken Little
Pearl Harbor
Stir of Echoes
Devil's Rejects
Species
Hart's War
The Guardian
Invincible
Babel
Corpse Bride
Phantom of the Opera
Kiss of the Dragon
Omen 666

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If you got the credit you can also apply for the card and get 0% APR and cash back on the purchase.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
That's bullshit, I wish they would just drop the price already. I don't know how much longer I could hold out.

I could probably swing it if I could find one of those store cards where you pay no interest for 18 months.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
That's bullshit, I wish they would just drop the price already. I don't know how much longer I could hold out.

I could probably swing it if I could find one of those store cards where you pay no interest for 18 months.
There is supposed to be a slight price reduction this Christmas. I doubt it will be more than $50 but they might swing for $100 though.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La

The movies are paid for by the BDA. They get their budget from several companies. The 50$ giftcard is the only thing Sony's really coughing up.

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
Joystiq and Kotaku are showing rumors about a $100 PS3 price cut to be announce at E3. Sony has not confirmed these. Who knows.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
consoles aside, is it me, or are the newly released movies being released on any of the new formats, hardly worth buying, let alone paying 30 or more

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
consoles aside, is it me, or are the newly released movies being released on any of the new formats, hardly worth buying, let alone paying 30 or more
If you got a TV less than 30" then it's not worth it. If you're demanding high quality it is. Especially when the movies look perfect/near perfect. Seeing a movie in the theatre becomes a step-down in all aspects.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
I dont discount the picture quality and sound, I mean the actual content of the films in question.