Punk - Best In The World DVD

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I am watching the docu part now & it is amazing. Very different from others WWE done. It actually begins with Punk stating he needs to change WWE for the better.
Check it out for yourself on torrent

I hope this sells well so WWE takes notice & makes him a REAL headliner

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Johnny Ace wanted to cut Punk bec he wouldn't conform to WWE
Heyman fought to keep him in the WWE/ECW

Just that alone shows why things are better with Hunter in charge than Ace. Hunter said HBK & him would talk about Punk a lot & that he had an attitude (about making it) that others didn't.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Johnny Ace wanted to cut Punk bec he wouldn't conform to WWE
Heyman fought to keep him in the WWE/ECW

Just that alone shows why things are better with Hunter in charge than Ace. Hunter said HBK & him would talk about Punk a lot & that he had an attitude (about making it) that others didn't.
This alone is reason enough for people to stop hating HHH.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Also later on (according to DVD) it was said Hunter didn't feel he should have won the belt when he did (the first time) & Taker didn't respect him either. Once Taker had their program together he respected him & as Ross/Hayes put it that helped him in the locker room & with Vince

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He said SES was completely his idea. He was pissed at being in a dark match with Truth after wrestling Taker at Mania & he wrote 14 weeks of angles & gave it to Vince & Vince said "ok". I guess that type of stuff is what Hunter meant about attitude & making it. Then Punk said it fell apart due to inner (Vince trying to change things) & outer (I assume serena's partying)

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Seems like a big reason he wanted to leave was the fact that Miz got Mania over him & he felt that was a slap & he wanted out unless things will change & then the highly publicized contract issues

Best WWE docu I've seen

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
They added in boo's when Punk ripped into Vince, Steph & Hunter that infamous RAW night. How fucking lame

Hunter & others said at the end that Punk is now a locker-room leader.
I guess he earned Hunter's respect & that is good going forward.

The docu basically ends on his return so it does go into playing second fiddle to Cena all year.

I hope Punk headlines Mania, he deserves it

Last edited:

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He said SES was completely his idea. He was pissed at being in a dark match with Truth after wrestling Taker at Mania & he wrote 14 weeks of angles & gave it to Vince & Vince said "ok". I guess that type of stuff is what Hunter meant about attitude & making it. Then Punk said it fell apart due to inner (Vince trying to change things) & outer (I assume serena's partying)
* I meant Summer Slam not mania

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Even though I parted ways with WWE years ago, prior to ECW Unreleased, Vol. 1, I still would've sworn by their production work. I could buy one of their releases with no reservations about its quality. After that DVD and this thread, I'm very hesitant about buying another retrospective about ECW, CM Punk, the Attitude Era, or any other subject that doesn't fit into WWE's current vision.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Even though I parted ways with WWE years ago, prior to ECW Unreleased, Vol. 1, I still would've sworn by their production work. I could buy one of their releases with no reservations about its quality. After that DVD and this thread, I'm very hesitant about buying another retrospective about ECW, CM Punk, the Attitude Era, or any other subject that doesn't fit into WWE's current vision.
I would check out this DVD though. That was the only blemish. The docu part was very well done & they let Punk be Punk

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Watch/save while you can

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Damn. That was really good.

Kind of hard to believe WWE had anything to do with it.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Damn. That was really good.

Kind of hard to believe WWE had anything to do with it.
Why?
WWE does great docu's all the time

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
WWE documentaries and video packages are CLEARLY the very best things WWE does right now. Those people should be the principal writers and everybody else needs to get shitcanned.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
WWE documentaries and video packages are CLEARLY the very best things WWE does right now. Those people should be the principal writers and everybody else needs to get shitcanned.
I don't care what you say. Wrestling was mainstream in the late 80's & ...................

oops wrong thread

:action-sm

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
I saw the TV spot for this, and it was a tad jarring seeing Punk vs. Samoa Joe in ROH on WWE programming. But then I still find it strange to see the WWE logo on old WCW footage.

Looking forward to this set, added boos notwithstanding.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I saw the TV spot for this, and it was a tad jarring seeing Punk vs. Samoa Joe in ROH on WWE programming. But then I still find it strange to see the WWE logo on old WCW footage.

Looking forward to this set, added boos notwithstanding.
I wish Joe was free to go WWE
He would be great with Heyman & Punk

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
But Vince would hate his physique, or turn him into the stereotypical Samoan savage.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Re-watching the docu part & it is amazing how Vince & creative saw nothing in Punk & wanted to keep him at OVW. It was Heyman that pleaded he gets brought to ECW.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
They added in boo's when Punk ripped into Vince, Steph & Hunter that infamous RAW night. How fucking lame
After watching it, I didn't notice that at all. There were a few boos after Punk ripped into the audience. I remember that from a YouTube video of the original feed during the promo.