Python Stalked, Then Ate Family Dog in Front of Children

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
At least they didn't kill the snake for being a snake.

Python Stalked, Then Ate Family Dog in Front of Children

BRISBANE, Australia — A 16-foot python stalked a family dog for days before swallowing the pet whole in front of horrified children in the Australian tropics, animal experts said Wednesday.

The boy and girl, aged 5 and 7, watched as the scrub python devoured their silky terrier-Chihuahua crossbreed Monday at their home near Kuranda in Queensland state.

Stuart Douglas, owner of the Australian Venom Zoo in Kuranda, said scrub pythons typically eat wild animals such as wallabies, a smaller relative of the kangaroo, but sometimes turn to pets in urban areas.

"It actively stalked the dog for a number of days," Douglas said.

"The family that owned the dog had actually seen it in the dog's bed, which was a sign it was out to get it," he added.

"They should have called me then, but (the snake) got away and three or four days later, I was called and went around and removed it" after the dog had been killed, Douglas said.

By the time Douglas arrived, all that could be seen of the dog was its hind legs and tail.

The zoo manager, Todd Rose, said pythons squeeze their prey to death before swallowing it whole. The 5-year-old dog would have been suffocated within minutes.

"The lady who was there threw some plastic chairs at the snake, but you've got to remember that this is about 50 kilograms (110 pounds) of aggressive muscle," Rose said.

Removing the half-swallowed dog could have harmed or even killed the python, Rose said, because dogs have sharp teeth and claws that could do the snake internal damage if it were wrenched out.

The snake was still digesting the dog at the zoo Wednesday. It will soon be relocated to the bush, Douglas said.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh, it ate a rat with a fuzzy tail

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
nice ma

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
if that happend in my yard the article would have read:

local man saves dog from snake buy hacking it in half

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I never understood why anyone would want a "pet" like a python. They are shitty animals and the only good purpose they serve are to make purses and boots.

Snakes aren't caring animals and they don't have emotions so the owners might as well have a stuffed animal and call it their pet. It's the same damn thing.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
GREAT fucking photos!!

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I had snakes and other reptiles as pets for many, many years. I currently don't have any. My most recent snake was an albino burmese python. He was about 9 feet long when he died suddenly and unexpectedly.

I had alot of snakes. But, I had two that I'd consider to have had a "personality" that made them different.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
if that happend in my yard the article would have read:

local man saves dog from snake buy hacking it in half
QFT

-Or-

REAL dog kills aggressive Python believing he was protecting two children: 5 and 7.

Don't have an evolutionarily inferior animal as a pet in Australia and expect any different.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
The snake chow was a cross between:

and
If I were a snake I would think it to be food too.

Question...how did the snake get in the dog's bed?..I mean how do you miss 16 feet of snake coming into your house???

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
Jun 8, 2005
The snake chow was a cross between:

and
If I were a snake I would think it to be food too.

Question...how did the snake get in the dog's bed?..I mean how do you miss 16 feet of snake coming into your house???
Exactly

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Removing the half-swallowed dog could have harmed or even killed the python, Rose said, because dogs have sharp teeth and claws that could do the snake internal damage if it were wrenched out.
Umm...wouldn't that have been a good thing?

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Umm...wouldn't that have been a good thing?
The dog was already long-dead and the python was just being a python. When I had my python I was amazed at the sheer force and precision of the "attack" at feeding time. I was equally amazed at how quick it was over, and the snake started eating.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
The boy and girl, aged 5 and 7, watched as the [highlight]scrub python[/highlight] devoured their silky terrier-Chihuahua crossbreed Monday at their home near Kuranda in Queensland state.
There was no need for the reporter to insult the snake. This particular python may not have been a scrub. Maybe he had a job.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
think they are going to check the snake's poop for the collar and return it to the family?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Phew... my GSD and Border Collie should be safe from rouge pythons due to they being non furry football dogs...

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
NOLA
I had snakes and other reptiles as pets for many, many years. I currently don't have any. My most recent snake was an albino burmese python. He was about 9 feet long when he died suddenly and unexpectedly.

I had alot of snakes. But, I had two that I'd consider to have had a "personality" that made them different.
had a 9 foot red tail boa, and a dumeril's boa (about 4 feet long). liked having them for the fact that i had to feed them infrequently and they are just interesting and different. i'll never get another snake that get's over 5-6 feet though.

snakes aren't aggressive by nature. period, it was following it's prey drive.

and it's fucking australia, how are they not more cautious about that type of shit. crikey!!!

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I guess God needs some animals for Steve Irwin to do a show about.

Too soon?

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
the parents really didnt care about the dog. they knew the python was stalking the dog for days yet it still was able to eat the dog wtf. not going to blame the python but the parents are fucking idiots and maybe the kids should be taken from them before they get eaten

on second thought, dont call anyone when this happens:

"The family that owned the dog had actually seen it in the dog's bed, which was a sign it was out to get it," he added.

must be a normal thing in australia