Queens of Country: starring Lizzy Caplan, Ron Livingston and Maynard Keenan

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
[video=youtube;CjwSYnXaAK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjwSYnXaAK0&feature=related[/video]

Also Joe Lo Truglio in drag and Matt Walsh. Sounds good to me.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Looks interesting. Tarantino-ish vibe, and MJK in a legit acting role.

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
Wow he'll do anything to keep from making a new tool album.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
That's just weird enough to be good.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Wow he'll do anything to keep from making a new tool album.
After that last one (aside from two or three songs) I'd prefer if he took his time making one.

I don't know about this one. Definitely interesting, but who the fuck knows if it will be any good or not.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Give me the two parter about his mom and you can keep the rest for yourself.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Shut it. 10KD was amazing.
I have to agree with TG, after Aenema and Lateralus 10k days was a major let down. The special packaging with the 3D pictures was a cute novelty though.

Its nice to see MJK playing himself in this movie. I met him when he was doing a signing tour for his vineyards public debut and he was every bit of an awkward meek man that you think he would be. Some of the stuff that he did with Puscifer made me think he would be different but no. He is a weirdo. And I love him for it.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
MJK!! I might have to check it out for that reason alone.

If I remember right he was originally casted in panic room but at the last minute Dwight Yokam got the part.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
After that last one (aside from two or three songs) I'd prefer if he took his time making one.

I don't know about this one. Definitely interesting, but who the fuck knows if it will be any good or not.
I don't know, it took 5 years to make 10,000 Days, maybe they take too much time to make mediocre music.

Give me the two parter about his mom and you can keep the rest for yourself.
Wasn't much of a 10kd fan myself.
Agree with both of those statements.

Feb 4, 2005
Lizzie Caplan makes me feel funny in my pants

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Strong cast, but the movie looks stupid.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Says the only guy who like 10k Days.

I dont know if I have mentioned it before, but look up The Holy Gift for a little bit of tool mindfuck. Its a reorganization of the tracks of lateralus placed in Fibonacci order. It is pretty amazing, especially if you love the album as much as I do. There is a video with the whole thing if you are just lazy.

justifyyourgarb

Mar 15, 2007
Says the only guy who like 10k Days.

I dont know if I have mentioned it before, but look up The Holy Gift for a little bit of tool mindfuck. Its a reorganization of the tracks of lateralus placed in Fibonacci order. It is pretty amazing, especially if you love the album as much as I do. There is a video with the whole thing if you are just lazy.
I'm the other guy, I guess.
I'll say it every time, Rosetta Stoned is undoubtedly one of my favorite songs ever.
Right in Two? You're fucking nuts.

Every song minus the interlude stuff is absolutely great.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I just did a quick listen to the first few parts of each of the songs on 10k Days to remind myself of what I liked.

I loved Jambi, The Pot, the two part song, and Rosetta Stoned. The radio single (Vicarious) sounded too much like an outtake from Lateralus. And the rest just never stood out to me at all.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I'm the other guy, I guess.
I'll say it every time, Rosetta Stoned is undoubtedly one of my favorite songs ever.
Right in Two? You're fucking nuts.

Every song minus the interlude stuff is absolutely great.
I never said that I didnt like the album, but the previous 2 made up a really tough act to follow. 10K days had its moments, but it in no way lived up to its expectation or tool's track record. If it came out before or without Aenema and lateralus it would probably have been a prog metal gem, but it sunk under the history that tool has. Im hoping for greatness on their next album, whenever it comes.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I feel like I'm probably the kind of fan MJK might hate. A guy that heard Aenima/Undertow when he was a kid and clung to them like a parasite, only giving their further work a listen in hopes that it would be Aenima II.

I did love his little aside with A Perfect Circle. Especially Mer De Noms. Holy shit is that a good album. How do you guys feel about APC, and to a lesser extent Puscifer? I still haven't really listened to any of the Puscifer stuff outside of the songs that appeared on ahhh, I think it was one of the Underworld soundtracks.

justifyyourgarb

Mar 15, 2007
APC fucking rules.

Puscifer is great, but they have like, 5 versions of each song. Some are really bad, and some are really enjoyable.
Legend of the Sour Grapes is fucking hilarious.
[video=youtube;iC7evNOcw-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7evNOcw-w[/video]

Yeah, I'm a fanboy.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I feel like I'm probably the kind of fan MJK might hate. A guy that heard Aenima/Undertow when he was a kid and clung to them like a parasite, only giving their further work a listen in hopes that it would be Aenima II.

I did love his little aside with A Perfect Circle. Especially Mer De Noms. Holy shit is that a good album. How do you guys feel about APC, and to a lesser extent Puscifer? I still haven't really listened to any of the Puscifer stuff outside of the songs that appeared on ahhh, I think it was one of the Underworld soundtracks.
You havent listened to Lateralus? It eclipses Aenima in every way and makes Undertow look like a typical grunge album. APC is ok if you leave out their weird cover album (and 13th step if you ask me) and Puscifer is and always be a novelty side project. 10k Days is better than all the side project work, but as far as tool albums go it is one of my least favorite.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I have listened to Lateralus. It just didn't click with me the way Aenima did. That's me taking it at face value without bothering to try to understand everything else that goes along with the music. Much like 10K Days, the album had a handful of songs that I really like, but I just can't listen to it from track one until the end like I can with Aenima. Parabola, The Grudge, and The Patient are the main ones from Lateralus that I can toss on whenever.

It has been a pretty damn long time since I attempted a Lateralus listen through. I think I'll do that tonight and report with my updated feelings on the morrow.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I have listened to Lateralus. It just didn't click with me the way Aenima did. That's me taking it at face value without bothering to try to understand everything else that goes along with the music. Much like 10K Days, the album had a handful of songs that I really like, but I just can't listen to it from track one until the end like I can with Aenima. Parabola, The Grudge, and The Patient are the main ones from Lateralus that I can toss on whenever.

It has been a pretty damn long time since I attempted a Lateralus listen through. I think I'll do that tonight and report with my updated feelings on the morrow.
I hate to beat a dead horse but try it holy gift style. Make a playlist with the altered sequencing and give that a shot.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Speaking of Tool and Fibonacci (get ready for a mindfuck):

[video=youtube;wS7CZIJVxFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY[/video]