question about paltalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I always wondered this, and now that I'm getting my own computer I can finally ask..........

Is Paltalk free? and if I download it, will they ask for a credit card number?

Let's see how many serious answers I get............

not_you_too

May 5, 2004
Philly
http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=70155

And as far as I know, they do not ask you for a cc just to dl the software.
Correct, you can download it for free, get a screen name for free, log in and text chat all you want for free, and even get short (a few seconds) of video for free, all with no credit card needed. If you want nice streaming video you need to pay like $60/year.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Correct, you can download it for free, get a screen name for free, log in and text chat all you want for free, and even get short (a few seconds) of video for free, all with no credit card needed. If you want nice streaming video you need to pay like $60/year.
damn so to see the show I gotta pay? I guess it's not worth it then. I'll just save up for XM.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
damn so to see the show I gotta pay? I guess it's not worth it then. I'll just save up for XM.
well, as it is right now, you don't really "see" the show very well with paltalk. The new XM studio is going to have more cams, so maybe it will improve. The cams they use now aren't that great, only giving a blurry view of what's going on. If you don't pay anything you can get about 4-5 seconds of view, then you have to close and reopen. The audio is constant during the show, so you don't miss anything except the callers and sound effects, they don't transfer over. If you pay about $40 a year, you can watch several cams at once (I think it's 6, maybe more?) For $60, you can open as many as you can fit on your desktop. The boys really should explain paltalk a little better than they have been lately. Lots of people say, "I don't know, I don't really want people to see me on camera, it's sort of creepy. . . . " 80 or 90% of people in the rooms are never on cam, and probably about half don't type much or speak on mic at all. They just watch the chats and listen to the audio.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
you can listen to the voice feeds in the room for free... so if you don't want to pay for XM or XM online, you can "listen" to the show for free through paltalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.