Question about PNC show

bigdaddyb

Jun 12, 2003
Belleville, NJ
anyone know why Dru Boogie wasn't onstage and why Frank Caliendo didn't appear ?

great show last night except for a few drunks on the lawn who threw water on some girl and started a near brawl during Lewis & Jimmy's sets

jpc165

Through the Fire and Flames
Jan 6, 2004
Flipsville
dru boogie was in the parking lot spinning shit.

not sure about frank though..

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Not all of the comedians are doing all of the shows. Frank isn't scheduled to
do any of these last shows. Lewis Black only did the PNC show and Stephen
Lynch wasn't at the last 2 but will be back for the Camden/Philly show.

Dru did a great job out in the parking lot. Really made the tailgate party kick ass.

( I honestly think Frank bailed out after not getting a great response from his 1st few appearences,
but that's just my thoughts. )

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Yea, I was wondering what was going on with Caliendo since they'd promoted him as being at the venue. Personally I didnt miss him since I really didnt think that he fit in with the other comics on the bill. I bet the reactions on the other dates probably made him drop out.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
why Frank Caliendo didn't appear ?
[madden voice] Here's a guy who when he gets booed, doesn't go baack on the stage![/madden voice]

No loss not having him on stage. He really needs to update his act. At Jones Beach it was pretty much word for word the same as his first O+A appearnce back on WNEW

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
I remember checking the line up when I bought my tickets and Caliendo was on the bill originally.

I'm think the same thing as BB1. He couldn't take the heat.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Dru was spinning for the real fans :)

And

Frank was out looking for new material, I guess he didn't find it.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I would have liked to have seen Joe Rogan on the bill. Too bad he had to do the UFC PPV on the same night.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Must be looking in the same places as Saget
Yeah, but the difference is that Saget still got a good reception. I guess alot
of people still want to hear him. Not everyone has been exposed to "dirty bob"
but everyone has heard Frank's material over and over again.
Saget didn't do alot of new stuff ( there were a few new lines in his act ) and
yet there wasn't a "boo" in the house for him.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
Saget gets a great reaction at every show.

Him talking about Vos' kid and wife was funny, his Danny Tanner song gets stuck in my head for days after each show and I am finding my self softly singing it with him at the shows.

Otto & George kill me every show.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Must be looking in the same places as Saget
Its not even that I heard his act a few times, I just don't find him that funny to begin with.
I hear/see Vos a lot and I still laff at the dumb Camden Aquarium jokes, he's funny to me.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Its not even that I heard his act a few times, I just don't find him that funny to begin with.
I hear/see Vos a lot and I still laff at the dumb Camden Aquarium jokes, he's funny to me.
And every time I see Vos he opens with the, "Let the meeting come to order" line, yet I laugh like a maniac every time. Caliendo, I don't think I've laughed at since the first time Iheard him back on WNEW. I know I didn't at Jones Beach. And even though I have heard about 60% of Saget's set saturday night before, I was still laughing like a mad man.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
And even though I have heard about 60% of Saget's set saturday night before, I was still laughing like a mad man.
So was the wife, I wanted to go for a walk but I knew she was having fun with his act.

GoodDaySir

25 points a 2 point conversion & eternal damnation
Aug 18, 2005
Spreading the virus down south
I love Saget's stuff but if it were Dom Irera up there he would've gotten booed. You could tell that Saget was losing the crowd at times with the level of restlessness because we've heard this stuff last tour. He's got a great act if you've never seen it before but that was just a lazy move to come with the same shit. Norton's act was different from last year, Bob Kelly's act was different, 99% of Patrice's material was different, a good portion of Otto and George's material was different. Saget stayed just about the same with the exception of My Dog Licked My Balls. For some reason that just didn't sit well.

bigdaddyb

Jun 12, 2003
Belleville, NJ
I like Caliendo's act and was curious to see him live, he was listed on the bill but whatever....I doubt being booed made him back out cause comics get booed all the time.