Question about the future of O&A from a Negative Nelly

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I don't typically like the whole "doom & gloom" many have about the FM (and possibly the XM) show ending for poor ratings, Hoo Hoo power, station reformats, etc.

But listening to the post XM "Worst of" clip from back in the day made me think about something:

If the boys don't get resigned by CBS (not fired; not cancelled; just not reupped), will the powers-that-be at CBS radio allow them to keep the old WNEW tapes as part of a "severence package"? Or will they be pricks and take that away from them too?

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
im not 100% but i think it is now theirs to own after signing with cbs hence why they can play them on xm in the first place

sd187

yousabird
Mar 13, 2005
when do they even play them anymore?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
off topic ,but
love the paltalk name ,Ciarin :icon_mrgr

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
Yes , I believe CBS handed those tapes over when the deal was signed ...I think .

OandA420

Jan 9, 2008
NY
If the boys don't get resigned by CBS (not fired; not cancelled; just not reupped), will the powers-that-be at CBS radio allow them to keep the old WNEW tapes as part of a "severence package"? Or will they be pricks and take that away from them too?
Dude, if they do not get resigned it is the same as being fired.

I guess you have never had a job with a contract!

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
Fuck i hope they stay on fm because I like to listen to 5 hours of o&a instead of just a 3 hour xm show. Im an fn loser.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/merger-related-activity-heating-up-at-the-fcc.html

"We believe XMSR/SIRI management served up the necessary sacrificial lamb(s) by offering ala carte pricing and openness to variety of other conduct/behavioral conditions," wrote Bank. "However, our sources indicate FCC is likely 1-2 months away from fully fleshing out conditionality such as ala carte pricing, interoperability of radios, unused channel availability to 3rd parties, indecency standards and local content restrictions."
Indecency standards? Hoo Boy...

What sucks is that neither company is in a financial position to stick to their guns.
:mad4:

100gbitwasfake

Sat radio is a dying medium. I personally feel that the boys will be wrapping up the opie and anthony show in the next few years. We may seem them return to broadcasting at some point but I don't think they will be together.

Jan 15, 2005
Uppity CT
If that is the case ...the merger will NEVER happen .

Hooray . Do you think they would still allow it to go through if this is true ??

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sat radio is a dying medium. I personally feel that the boys will be wrapping up the opie and anthony show in the next few years. We may seem them return to broadcasting at some point but I don't think they will be together.
Three and a half million dollar mortgages don't pay themselves, and tens need to be pampered too.

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
Your name says it all.

So thats where Sal and Richard learned how to do Fake Phoney phone calls! I was always wondering how they did it 20 times a week without a problem. Just set up the Call ahead of time...Good thinking.

ASS!

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
If that is the case ...the merger will NEVER happen .

Hooray . Do you think they would still allow it to go through if this is true ??

Yes . The merger isn't about ONA or even Howie. It's about two failing companies trying to create a working business together.

100gbitwasfake

Your name says it all.

So thats where Sal and Richard learned how to do Fake Phoney phone calls! I was always wondering how they did it 20 times a week without a problem. Just set up the Call ahead of time...Good thinking.

ASS!
Umm. The caller on that bit was Dave Douglas. I know some people who worked at AAF at the time

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
I know a guy who has this cousin that worked for this radio station for a couple weeks and he heard that Howard really gets off good when a girl gently slides a spiked bat up his ass.