Question for Baggers with Kids

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Do any of you find that when you and your wife have sex there is some kind of effect on your sleeping children? Allow me to explain the phenomenon I'm asking about.

So, my wife and I had sexy time last night. It is not uncommon to be interrupted by a waking child. My daughter is so fucking quiet, she sometimes makes it all the way into the room before we notice (fortunately it's usually dark and she's barely awake enough to process what's going on around her). Last night it was the toddler waking up and crying. We don't have a problem settling them, but here's the thing. It seems 9 times out of 10 we end up having a horrible night's sleep after hooking up because the kids seem to be very wakeful, have nightmares, or are just generally weird on nights when my wife and I are intimate. It doesn't matter if they woke up during the act or not. We can do a pretty nice job on each other and then drift into peaceful post-coital sleep only to be disturbed an hour or so later by the kids.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Is there some kind of strange energy force being disturbed when parents fire up the baby-makers? Am I crazy?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I would imagine you are more on edge from the fun of the sexy time and the paranoia of getting caught, so are more sensitive to small stirrings of the children. On the nights you don't have sex and aren't thinking about it, your kid may stir and fuss for a few minutes and them calm themselves down before it wakes you.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
This may have been the case when they were babies. It doesn't explain why the 5 year old wakes up and comes into our room a lot on these nights more often than on "normal" nights. There's just a different energy about them in their wakefulness. I can't really explain it.

porch24

Nov 20, 2009
Mass
I've never had a problem while my kid is sleeping but we always lock the door to our bedroom if we're gonna screw.

Aug 5, 2004
I've never had a problem while my kid is sleeping but we always lock the door to our bedroom if we're gonna screw.
This.. and duck tape is your friend. Dont be afraid to use a liberal amount on their wrists and ankles.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Yeah, we figured out the door locking thing after the creeping started. Nothing like getting a good bj and finding a dark figure standing at the corner of the bed.

May 24, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I think every house has a sort of rhythm to it. If your kids are used to it being noisy or really quiet when they go to bed and are sleeping and it changes, maybe that disruption causes them to wake up. We're moderately loud with tv and talking after our daughter goes to bed and she's learned to be a pretty sound sleeper because of that.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Is your wife the drilldo gal? That would wake anyone.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Less screaming

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
This. It's like they have some sort of sixth sense that you are possibly performing an act that might lead to more competition for food, toys, and attention.
This is it exactly. We lock the door. We're pretty quiet. There's no reason for them to wake up, but they do it anyways.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I think every house has a sort of rhythm to it. If your kids are used to it being noisy or really quiet when they go to bed and are sleeping and it changes, maybe that disruption causes them to wake up. We're moderately loud with tv and talking after our daughter goes to bed and she's learned to be a pretty sound sleeper because of that.
This. Try acting out scenes from The Office during your lovemaking and see it that seems familiar enough to them and they don't wake up. And don't go for the easy couple like Pam and Jim. Roleplay as Dwight and Angela.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Shouldn't have had kids. Hindsight is 20/20. Sorry, sucker.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
If you actually noted the walk ins over the course of time, you'd probably find that the kids don't come in any more when you're screwing than when you're not. It just seems that way. But I'm sure anyone with kids or any guy who has dated girls with kids has noticed the same thing as you have. Hell, I was banging a chick doggy style on her living room floor once and her kid walked right up to us before we noticed. Talk about awkward.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I used to try and get my wife to be loud when I was putting the wood too her when the kids were younger because it made her uncomfortable, which I found to be entertaining.