Questions about the INNO

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
With my work schedule lately, I have been missing more and more of the show. I know there are means to download the show and listen a day behind, but thats not gonna work for me. I was looking at an Inno on myradiostore.com.

It says that Inno can play live, as well as record. I think this is what I am looking for.

Basically what I want to do is listen to the show live when I can and then record the remainder of the show when I cant listen. I would like to be able to listen live at work as well. I work in a warehouse type building, with the closest window (which is on a door) about 100 feet away. I would like to replace the Roady2 in my car and use the inno in is place. I don't need any fancy bells and whistles and I am on a budget.

Is the Inno what I want?

Suggestions, Comments?

Thanks in advance!

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
work hours ?
i work at 3 pm
record both shows before i leave
the last half hour of R&F on the way to work

before i got the inno
we drilled a hole in the wall
to put the antenna wire through
to face to the south

hope this helps
getting drunk now

love the inno thuogh

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
work hours ?
i work at 3 pm
record both shows before i leave
the last half hour of R&F on the way to work

before i got the inno
we drilled a hole in the wall
to put the antenna wire through
to face to the south

hope this helps
getting drunk now

love the inno thuogh
You a 2nd shifter too?

I normally am, but I have been working all kinds of swing shifts lately. I catch the same part of the replay driving in as I do driving home, and that will not do. By the time I get home I am to tired and drunk to d/l the show.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
With my work schedule lately, I have been missing more and more of the show. I know there are means to download the show and listen a day behind, but thats not gonna work for me. I was looking at an Inno on myradiostore.com.

It says that Inno can play live, as well as record. I think this is what I am looking for.

Basically what I want to do is listen to the show live when I can and then record the remainder of the show when I cant listen. I would like to be able to listen live at work as well. I work in a warehouse type building, with the closest window (which is on a door) about 100 feet away. I would like to replace the Roady2 in my car and use the inno in is place. I don't need any fancy bells and whistles and I am on a budget.

Is the Inno what I want?

Suggestions, Comments?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if this helps, because UI'm fairly hammered at this point, but....

I have had my Inno scheduled to record from 6am to 12pm for the last year. Right now, I have it on (listening to the R&F replay). I know, from experience, that it will start recording at 6am (because I plan on leaving it on all night), and I know that no matter what channel I leave it on overnight, it's going to switch to 202 and start recording at 6 (or somewhere around 6....it's been getting later and later every day...I'm up to 6:18 now) as long as it's in the cradle with a power supply and an antenna hooked up.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
the inno is great
but i work in a large metal building
no reception at all
gotta put the antenna outside somehow

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
the inno is great
but i work in a large metal building
no reception at all
gotta put the antenna outside somehow

hmmm, it has to be wired to the unit right?

I know nothing about satellite signals.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I bought the Inno when it was new and expensive.
It'll do the things you describe.
I find I never use the live portable option. Look into the Skyfi3, that seems like a nice unit.

Since the merger decision is imminent, I'd wait before buying anything expensive.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
YO WHD
you only record till noon ?
what about R&F
c'mon bro

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I bought the Inno when it was new and expensive.
It'll do the things you describe.
I find I never use the live portable option. Look into the Skyfi3, that seems like a nice unit.

Since the merger decision is imminent, I'd wait before buying anything expensive.
Damn good point, how could I have forgotten bout that? I was gonna buy this week. Now I am gonna have to wait that see what happens with the merger. Thanks for ruining my new toy purchase! :mad4:

Fuck the merger. Its taking away all my fun!

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
hole saws through the walls work well
I am thinking bout the AC unit over my press. It leaks when it rains, so there has to be a way to the outside world.

But the fucking merger......damnit jackjack!

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Huh, Buttfucking merger?

hopefully that will get done one way or the other in the next couple weeks. I'm sick of wondering.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i wouldn't let the merger shit
keep me from getting an inno

just my 2 cents
the showhas been outstanding lately

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
I wouldn't worry about the merger. The Inno will be good for a while.

You'll love this thing man. But as far as working live portable in the warehouse, you may have problems. But I am sometimes surprised where I can pick up a signal while portable. I almost always use it in a home dock. Listen live and schedule some shit to record.

The thing works awesome. I got the refurbished unit, which is only $89 from myradiostore.com

Refurbished Inno for $89 It also comes with a home kit.

You might have to run the antenna closer to the window though, but you shouldn't have a problem.

brose

No ticky, no laundry
Dec 27, 2006
Springfield, MO
you can record in the car dock too
How do you record in the car dock? My problem is I get pretty much ZERO signal in my apartment (I have a window facing West, nothing South), so I can't schedule a recording session to catch all 9 hours of radio or whatever.

So is there a way to record while it is in my truck, or is there a way to get a fucking signal when my only window faces West?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
as long as it's in the car dock
just hit record >record channel

actually just hooking it to the car antenna
should work fine also

never tried to do a scheduled recording
in the car dock
but i imagine you can

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
How do you record in the car dock? My problem is I get pretty much ZERO signal in my apartment (I have a window facing West, nothing South), so I can't schedule a recording session to catch all 9 hours of radio or whatever.

So is there a way to record while it is in my truck, or is there a way to get a fucking signal when my only window faces West?
I also live in Missouri and I have to put my antenna outside the window. All the antennas are waterproof. I've been lucky a couple of times and was able to put the antenna on the window sill on the inside of the window. If you can get that antenna close enough to the window in the right position (or even outside), you should be able to pick something up.

And yeah, what he said about recording in the car. You can't schedule a recording, but you can record live stuff.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I have the Inno (in fact, it's the only XM radio I own) and I really love it. I mostly listen to it with headphones, but sometimes I just plug in some speakers at home. I really like the record function as well. The only drawback is that I can't get a signal at my office, but then again, I'm not near any windows at all so I just listen via XM Online when I'm at work. Otherwise, I've never had any trouble with the reception.
I think the Inno was around $200 when I bought it a while back.

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
that's cool

i still dig it
Hey Asshole,

I don't listen to R&F because I can't stand ESD.

You can record on the INNO in the car deck, but can't schedule a recording.

I love my INNO too. I schedule to record the show and listen through the net while working. After recording is done at 11:30 I plug it to my usb to Napster, pull up my recorded songs, delete all the commercials and then listen through the headphones for the day. If I happen to catch something recorded that I caught at work I delete it.

If I'm right and you work at night and can record during the day you're golden. You won't need the antennassince you are listening to recorded content.

NortonsHeiny

Ronnie B Rocks my Fat Ass
Nov 14, 2005
New Jersey
I seem to have trouble scheduling recording sessions. No matter what I do or try my unit wont record unless I physically press record. Is this a common problem?