Quick question on HTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
The comments made by Tax Kuntz on this board were dumb but I found it funny that HTG called the comments disgusting. Last time I checked HTG is the leader of People against Censorship and what Tax Kuntz said was well free speech. I love HTG and would bang her sideways but why did she comment? I dont know just a thought.

GDRC

This is what I do now
Internet Fights :fight6:

MJMANDALAY

The comments made by Tax Kuntz on this board were dumb but I found it funny that HTG called the comments disgusting. Last time I checked HTG is the leader of People against Censorship and what Tax Kuntz said was well free speech. I love HTG and would bang her sideways but why did she comment? I dont know just a thought.
She is also entitled to her free speech right?

Free Speech works both ways- he can say it and she can respond. Duh.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I see both sides to this one. HTG stopped short of saying the comments should be deleted or Tax Kuntz should be banned, but as someone in a high position of influence, her stating how disgusted she was with those comments could help to influence the decision on whether Tax Kuntz will be banned or his comments deleted.

See how difficult this free speech thing can be?

Wow. Ok, for the 10 millionth time since starting pac, allow me to explain. There is a VERY big difference between giving people the RIGHT to say something, and disapproving of what they said.

If I had the thread pulled, if I had banned him from my board, THAT would be censorship because he would be UNABLE to say anything.

Me CRITICIZING what he said is valid, and is the APPROPRIATE response to someone who says something you don't like.

I support Al Sharptons right to CRITICIZE Don Imus, or JV and Elvis, or O&A. However, I founded PAC to offer an alternative viewpoint to his. A view point that doesn't want to see these hosts get fired. I also believe that Sharpton calling for the firing of a DJ is socially irresponsible.

But for you to say I am not allowed to say I dislike something is insane.

You dont want me to have the right to express my views? That would be censorship of me.

Hope that makes sense.

I see both sides to this one. HTG stopped short of saying the comments should be deleted or Tax Kuntz should be banned, but as someone in a high position of influence, her stating how disgusted she was with those comments could help to influence the decision on whether Tax Kuntz will be banned or his comments deleted.

I think that being in a position of influence calls for responsiblity. I would never say something like that rashly or without being sure of my response.

But being in that position of influence does not mean you don't get to say what you believe.

mightymalachi

Be afraid...be very afraid.

So will Tax Kuntz be back on the 15th or not? "whaa"

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. See that's funny.

I don't agree with the banning policies around here, or the thread locking policies. But...they are the rules here. So if you break the rules, I guess you gotta go.

Personally, I'd rather deal with what tax did by answering him, and calling him out, and pulling out a few of his own skeletons. But those aren't the rules here.

On the board I mod, there is a full free speech, no censorship policy in place, with VERY few but important exceptions. Sometimes, that really blows because people get hurt. It also means, sometimes the show gets pissed at us for allowing haters to post.

But over there, we counter idiots, and mean spirited speech, with more speech. Thats entirely consistent with what I advocate with PAC.

:)

Over here...i'm just a member, and I try to follow the rules that are laid out.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
As a person who has alot of members of all the boards on her side she should be carefull of what she says about certain members or boards. That is called responsibility. She has the right to do and say whatever she wants. But, as a person in her situation she might want to make it clear when she is talking about people that that is her opinion and only her opinion.

Wow. People somehow believe this mythical "free speech" thing is some sort of carte blanche thing that trumps everything.

Go out, get a soapbox or something, set it up outside your house or some street corner and knock your fucking self out. That's free speech.

"Free speech" ends when someone else is either paying for, publishing, or allowing you to participate on a public or private forum. That's it, no and's if's or but's about it.

You can say anything you'd like, and no one is going to come there and duct tape your mouth or throw you into jail (for the time being) because of it. But this entitlement attitude that other people have an obligation to either publish, or pay for, or carry your opinion is a myth. I wish more people would grasp that fact here.

Whether it be this message board. Or sadly enough a radio station (sorry) you do not have the right to have your opinions published, sanctioned, or carried by anyone.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Not having as in depth a perspective as you HTG. And Id also like to say first that I respect you a lot for what you have been doing with PAC. Todays show seemed to have a bit of hypocrisy.
For one, you brushed off the idea that Casey has also had some public arguments with people on forums. Someone called lissann I think recently? As just a joke and a mood swing. But when Tax did it as totally unacceptable.
Another thing was Dave saying that Tax calling Casey a Cunt was outlandish and uncalled for, yet on the board he and you moderate they freely display sig pics for some group called Caseys cronies or something? And the card says CUNT in large letters on them with her picture. Dave doesn't yell about that on the show.
Either way from a pure listener/forum lurkers point of view it seems Dave, Casey, and Tax had their roles in this public arguments escalation. There doesn't seem to be any innocents.
I think the point of the thread wasn't so much an indisputable claim that you weren't standing up for free speech. But that while defending your friend there seemed to be lenience for someone your friends with but none when it came to Tax.
I hope he isn't banned and these three can work it out and this doesn't further divide fans of the shows because of a couple websites.

As a person who has alot of members of all the boards on her side she should be carefull of what she says about certain members or boards. That is called responsibility. She has the right to do and say whatever she wants. But, as a person in her situation she might want to make it clear when she is talking about people that that is her opinion and only her opinion.
come on..

i called in as casey's friend. i even said so. you can't possibly think I was attacking what Tax did on behalf of PAC.

Assume i am speaking on behalf of myself unless i say otherwise.

jackjack

Wow. People somehow believe this mythical "free speech" thing is some sort of carte blanche thing that trumps everything.

Go out, get a soapbox or something, set it up outside your house or some street corner and knock your fucking self out. That's free speech.

"Free speech" ends when someone else is either paying for, publishing, or allowing you to participate on a public or private forum. That's it, no and's if's or but's about it.

You can say anything you'd like, and no one is going to come there and duct tape your mouth or throw you into jail (for the time being) because of it. But this entitlement attitude that other people have an obligation to either publish, or pay for, or carry your opinion is a myth. I wish more people would grasp that fact here.

Whether it be this message board. Or sadly enough a radio station (sorry) you do not have the right to have your opinions published, sanctioned, or carried by anyone.
Not only that, but free speech is not without consequence either.
You might find employment hard to come by if you express your opinions too openly.

Don't forget, the real foundation of free speech is to be able to express your opinion of the government without being jailed for doing so.
That's the biggie in the minds of the founders of the country, and it works so well that we forget some people don't have the privilege.

FYI-- Pac has never said XM or CBS doesn't have the "right" to fire O&A or JV and Elvis or Imus. We are simply voicing a counter opinion to the voice that Sharpton and the OCA and others have put out there seeking their firing/reprimand.

We are telling CBS/XM that as consumers, we don't WANT them fired. We want them to be allowed to speak freely.

Ultimately, CBS and XM and all the other corporations have the "right" to do what they want.

cozzie

head retard
So someone made a few stupid comments, now we're wondering what HTG has to say, and making sure that it is only "her " opinon, in what she says over said dumbass remarks on a message board. So what if she's upset about some horrendus comments made about her freind. She's entitled to "her own" opinion, she's not trying to save our fav shock jocks, she's supporting a personal friend. Lots of people on here have cancelled xm, sent mass emails, and pretty much harrassed whoever we can over the susspension of O&A. How many people ACTUALLY know Opie or Anthony on a personal basis! If you do how would YOU react if someone bashed Opie's girl or Anthony's girl? Just because many people don't like Dave, it doesn't make the comments posted earlier, that less Horrendus.

Not having as in depth a perspective as you HTG. And Id also like to say first that I respect you a lot for what you have been doing with PAC. Todays show seemed to have a bit of hypocrisy.
For one, you brushed off the idea that Casey has also had some public arguments with people on forums. Someone called lissann I think recently? As just a joke and a mood swing. But when Tax did it as totally unacceptable.
Another thing was Dave saying that Tax calling Casey a Cunt was outlandish and uncalled for, yet on the board he and you moderate they freely display sig pics for some group called Caseys cronies or something? And the card says CUNT in large letters on them with her picture. Dave doesn't yell about that on the show.
Either way from a pure listener/forum lurkers point of view it seems Dave, Casey, and Tax had their roles in this public arguments escalation. There doesn't seem to be any innocents.
I think the point of the thread wasn't so much an indisputable claim that you weren't standing up for free speech. But that while defending your friend there seemed to be lenience for someone your friends with but none when it came to Tax.
I hope he isn't banned and these three can work it out and this doesn't further divide fans of the shows because of a couple websites.
Lots of people have called Casey a cunt, and far worse over the past few weeks. I have not called in complaining about any of that. People do that all the time on these boards. IMO, Tax went WAY too far on this one, publishing a pack of lies and making it all look genuine by providing detail. So I stood up for my friend. What would you do if one of your best friends was sick to her stomach, because she tried to be a good sport and go along with the public wedding thing....but two weeks before the wedding has to see this??? Are you really saying that the phrase "she got plowed in her shit stained ass" is the same as just calling someone a cunt or bitch? I hesitate to quote shit that doesn't bear repeating, but this was some vicious shit-- all because she wrote him a PRIVATE message and said she doesn't want him at the wedding.

When someone calls your fiance or good friend a whore, and means it, lets see if you stay calm and rational about it.

And what made it worse was 4 pages of people patting him on the back saying-- good job buddy. How would you feel knowing some of those people were attending your wedding?

Sure, she should have thought of that before agreeing to a 'wedding event'. And to be honest, and tear down that fourth wall-- she did. She wasn't going to do it. Her instincts said-- bad idea. But in the end, wanted to do what was best for Dave, and was best for the show that he works for, and the show that she loves.

I guess those are the breaks, then and she has to live with that decision. I guess its too bad. I guess when you're 'mentioned on a show' you have to put up with anything thrown at you.

Happened to me back in march and it really sucked. But I guess that's the price of being talked about. But the next time someone complains because Casey or I was behind a velvet rope for 5 minutes, I hope they remember how much shit we also deal with.

By the way...Tax is banned cause he broke the WB rules. My friends have been banned based on those rules repeatedly. I hope the WB mods will be consistent.

FYI-- Pac has never said XM or CBS doesn't have the "right" to fire O&A or JV and Elvis or Imus. We are simply voicing a counter opinion to the voice that Sharpton and the OCA and others have put out there seeking their firing/reprimand.

We are telling CBS/XM that as consumers, we don't WANT them fired. We want them to be allowed to speak freely.

Ultimately, CBS and XM and all the other corporations have the "right" to do what they want.
We agree mostly with the final outcome. My ultimate beef with XM is the fact that since 2004 they've billed The Opie and Anthony Show as "outrageous, and uncut and uncensored" which is apparently a lie.

So they have indeed committed the unpardonable sin in their line of work which is false advertising. They knew full well what they had when they signed O&A. The suspension in itself was and is a joke. So we fully agree it's wrong, the only difference is why.

CBS on the other hand with JV and Elvis and especially Imus only buckled to these groups when they did not have to. I think it's not so much corporate censorship than needing to stand behind their talent. People are going to say unpopular things. And they need to know when they do their employer will stand behind them in those times.

Corporate lack of spine.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
I think that being in a position of influence calls for responsiblity. I would never say something like that rashly or without being sure of my response.
while I agree, it saddens me bc O&A are in a position of influence and yet I think they should be allowed to spit out whatever words they feel like in the interest of comedy and not feel the need to stop and worry about how others might interpret them. Its a comedy show, what kind of responsibility do they have? and yet its also a nationally syndicated radio show and with that comes influence... and with that, responsibility... <sigh>

in some states, if it incites violence onto yourself the cops can arrest you :icon_neut

Status
Not open for further replies.