Quite Possibly the Best Game EVER!

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
It's gonna suck.

Current Harmonix parent company MTV will be providing both financial and creative support to the process,

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
nah. they are going to use master tracks which will make listening to the songs more enjoyable (GH2 covers were shitty but the game play was fun) the guitars have added buttons for solos and a drum machine. What could be horrible about that? I can't argue that the singing aspect of the game could be a bit of a turn off. what makes you think that its going to suck? both GH games were fun if nothing else.

PartyRockCoat

Listen to me, Martin.
Jan 22, 2006
A townhouse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_(video_game)

I can't wait for this to come out. cant....stop.....drooling.
The link, she a-no work...

I read about this game in GameInformer. Interesting premise and I'm sure it'll be oodles and kaboodles of fun, but I gotta wonder how much it'll cost. Each instrument will probably run from $60-$100, and I know I wouldn't be able to afford that. I suppose I'll stick with the Guitar Hero(es) and be merry.

notmikeh

Jun 8, 2006
The link, she a-no work...

I read about this game in GameInformer. Interesting premise and I'm sure it'll be oodles and kaboodles of fun, but I gotta wonder how much it'll cost. Each instrument will probably run from $60-$100, and I know I wouldn't be able to afford that. I suppose I'll stick with the Guitar Hero(es) and be merry.
try typing rock band game in a google search

Game Spot said that the bundle for this game would be about 200 bucks which is kind of steep. but I have wanted to play a drum machine since playing guitar hero so I would have to buy it for that alone.(I am a sucker for new toys)

notmikeh

Jun 8, 2006
do any of you play guitar hero? the game is being made by the same people and instead of shitty cover songs they are using master tracks. I am pretty happy with this. can any of you explain why you think this game looks like it will suck. maybe I am wrong.

MrQuotes

Feelin' Fine
Jan 21, 2005
the game looks extremely promising...
only the game is going to retail for 200 dollars

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Rock is Dead

Rap Music bent Rock over a microphone stand and fucked it in the ass. Rock is for dinosaurs.

notmikeh

Jun 8, 2006
Rap Music bent Rock over a microphone stand and fucked it in the ass. Rock is for dinosaurs.
rap is for Swoogie lovers.:icon_razz

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
To be a successful rapper all you have to do is have a good image and have a good beat. Yea... that's a great artform ya got there.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I believe this video proves you wrong and slaps you in the face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITe-Zk0M4w

I tried to use the yt tags and they didn't work so clicky.
I had just come here to post that lol.

The drums look like you'll need to actually have some drumming chops to pull off that particular aspect of the game. I'm not sure I get what needs to be done with the singing part other than doing ones best karaoke performance.

Man, why wasn't this shit around when I was 16 :icon_mad:

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
Prices will vary for this depending upon the configuration. The full blown (2 Guitars, Drums and Mic) will be expensive. Nonetheless it looks like a great game. If you like Guitar Hero I or II, this will be a good game. If you do not like those, there are lots of other great choices coming out. Halo 3 for Xbox and MGS for PS3. Too many choices. All pro football 2k8 also looks really sharp.