Racist ESPN Commentator Says Racist Things But I Bet He Keeps His Job

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-on-rg3-hes-kind-of-black-but-hes-not-really/

My question is, and it’s just a straight, honest question: Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother,” Parker said. “He’s not really. He’s black, he does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause. He’s not one of us. He’s kind of black, but he’s not really like the kind of guy you really want to hang out with.”

Parker said he wants to know more about Griffin’s personal life before he can accept Griffin as authentically black.

“I want to find about him,” Parker said. “I don’t know because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiancee. Then there was all this talk about he’s a Republican, which there’s no information at all. I’m just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue. Because we did find out with Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods was like, ‘I’ve got black skin, but don’t call me black.’ So people wondered about Tiger Woods.”
Later in that article:

But ESPN obviously thought Parker’s comments were worth repeating: When Best of First Take aired on Thursday afternoon, the show ended with a replay of the discussion about Griffin.
Switch that to a white guy talking about a white athlete with a black fiancee and the guy would have been fired as soon as the show was done and the footage would never have seen the light of day again.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
So fired.

Maybe not.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
THAT NIGGA WELL SPOKEN AND SHIT, CARLTON BANKS ASS NIGGA. HE AIN"T A REAL NIGGA.

Anytime a black dude does alright for himself and can actually behave and speak english well, the others want to call him a sell out. I guess RG3 should drink 40's of Olde English after games and say NAH MEAN after every statement with the media to get his respect.

Fuck Rob Parker and his bell pepper nose.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I hope he does keep his job. I also hope ESPN stands by the next white guy who catches some heat for saying something racial. But we all know that won't happen. Fuck ESPN and all the PC faggotry.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
So fired.

Maybe not.
I know Parker's m.o. When he made those comments, I can guarantee he was laughing while making them. So it would appear that he was only joking. But if anybody is familiar with some of his prior comments when it comes to race, he was 100% serious.

I don't think he is going to be fired. But I could see a suspension in his immediate future.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
he's just pissed rg3 is doing adds for subway instead of kfc.
also, fuck epsn. i've hated that network ever since they cancelled playmakers because the nfl threatened to pull their license.

Dec 12, 2007
Yeah. Be a "cornball brother" who talks all white and shit. Who wants that shit right?

Except maybe him.

But what the fuck does he know.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
You think this is bad: Someone tried to get Drudge in trouble for using N*GGER eight times as the link headline to an article about that new Jamie Foxx movie.

Matt was just pointing out how many times the movie uses the word... AND HE GOT IN TROUBLE FOR USING THE WORD!!

Sheer hypocrisy...

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Switch that to a white guy talking about a white athlete with a black fiancee and the guy would have been fired as soon as the show was done and the footage would never have seen the light of day again.
I think this guy will be fired too.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
He will issue some sort of apology tomorrow morning. I'm pretty certain of it. And then he will make less and less appearances until he's done.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
ESPN said his comments were "inapproriate" and they are evaluating their next step. I bet he's not fired, though. Parker tweeted yesterday that his critics are "uneducated" and "silly." At some point, ESPN must have toldhim to shut his stupid mouth because he stopped tweeting a little bit after that. I'm guessing that he was told to shut up if he wants to keep his job and he'll maybe not be on the air for a few days and this won't be mentioned again unless the NFL starts making waves and ESPN doesn't want to risk being shut out the next time the league's broadcast rights are up for grabs.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
We need to get the shootings out of the schools, and into ESPN HQ...where they would do the most good for Humanity.

Or, just take a bat and biff Berman in the side of the head that controls his speech.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
It's funny that ESPN only got upset about this after other people said something. They had no problem re-airing his comments later that same day as part of "The Best of First Take." That's what makes me think this guy will be back after his supsension. His return won't be announced, but he'll just show up again one day around the beginning of the year.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Anyone have the video?

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Dan Patrick made this point this morning. You know it's bad when Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless grimace at the comment . And then are the voice of reason. I wonder if he will be fired. Rush made a similar comment years ago about McNabb and he got the boot.