Rage against the machine.....

k5banga

could the be makin a come back......... check out the timers.... one might be an anouncement about more tour dates, but the other might be about a new album.
http://www.ratm82407.com

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
hopefully the longer one is for an album due, perhaps august 24.
i haven't heard anything about them doing a new album, just that they were doing 7-8 shows. it's not impossible though with chris cornell having a solo cd that came out yesterday. so they could've been working on some RATM stuff.

is the first timer for bonaroo, live earth or that shwoogie/rap tour?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
fuck them, they support that fucking cop killer mumia i smashed my rage CD and will never support them in any way

a highly over rated band. they had a few good songs.

blazin

fuck them, they support that fucking cop killer mumia i smashed my rage CD and will never support them in any way
I concur. I went to Lollapalooza a while ago - they actually stopped playing to talk about Mumia. Fuck them.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
The rumor is that they are announcing 1 midwest show for the first timer (my guess is Bonaroo) and the second timer is a whole tour. They will not be releasing an album, unless it is a "best of". That is just what I heard.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Never digged them. They had a few jams though, but only when they were ambiguously referencing their political agenda/beliefs.

When they came out, they were marketed to kids who were mad/frusterated at the maaaaan, man. The kids who wore pinko che guevarra shirts, etc.

I never really got their weak political-revolutionary-gimmicks.
Didn't like how the singer would try to rap here and there and cross over to the hiphop audience. He sucked.
I get it, you're angry at fur-wearers and you like to adopt causes to try changing the world.

I used to remember thinking, what's going to happen when the songwriter stops being mad about rainforests being cut down, oppression to tibet, and the globalization of the euro.

Well, anyone looking forward to another rage album can also look forward to songs about dafur genocide, global warming, and a really new and fresh subject to make music about... president bush. Imagine that. Wow I can't wait it's gonna be so... revolutionary!

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
Well, anyone looking forward to another rage album can also look forward to songs about dafur genocide, global warming, and a really new and fresh subject to make music about... president bush. Imagine that. Wow I can't wait it's gonna be so... revolutionary!
Seen them live many times. Always great shows. I never really got into the whole message. I agree with you though, I'd rather saw my leg off than listen to zak spew anti-war/christianity/bush crap on a new album. I wouldn't mind if they just toured and played their old songs. It's a different time and it'd be hard to swallow new rage propaganda.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Yeah, I always thought if they dropped the political angle and jammed pure rock n roll they'd have been awesome.

highway23

I miss NY wings
The thing is, they tell people straight up what they are about. Not everyone is going to be down with that type of music...so don't listen. They use their publicity to get their ideas into the heads of people...and they will hit a few who have no idea what goes on. Sure, you may already know about it and don't want to hear about it, but they are doing what they want to do and it's always fucking rocking.

Zac is a hell of a performer and the band plays some tight music. I'd love to see them live, because from what I've seen they put on a hell of a show.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Zac is a hell of a performer and the band plays some tight music. I'd love to see them live, because from what I've seen they put on a hell of a show.
I saw them in the HFestival @ Fedex field in 2000. Fuck me what a show. One of the bands I would pay good money to see again live.

blazin

Theres a difference between saying you dont like Bush or are against the war and openly supporting a convicted cop killer scumbag.

k5banga

to find out what the countdown timers mean, just set your computer one day ahead after june 11th

Fever Junk

a highly over rated band. they had a few good songs.

theres no other band that sounds like them. Some have tried but, to me something overrated would be like britney spears. RATM had a message. They wernt thrown into the mainstream, it was there millions of fans that got them to where they were. either you liked them or you didnt. Not all there song were good but that doesnt make them overrated.

Turns out the shorter timer was for the announcement of a show in Wisconsin on August 24th, with QOTSA. Woo-fucking-hoo.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Only if one of the Beastie Boys hadn't had broken a collarbone, I had tickets to see BB and RATM and I think Tribe Called Quest but when that tour was cancelled, Rage broke up shortly after.

Only if one of the Beastie Boys hadn't had broken a collarbone, I had tickets to see BB and RATM and I think Tribe Called Quest but when that tour was cancelled, Rage broke up shortly after.
Yeah, I had tickets to that too. Stupid Mike D.

If they're playing in Wisconsin, maybe they can make it to Boston.

Same here. I think it was Mike D that fell off his bike in NYC. (perhaps a low rider bicycle....:action-sm)

H

h8mtv

They are way out in left field politically and Zack is a whack job. That said they are one of my favorite bands. Tom Morello is a fucking guitar god IMO. These guys at least practice what the preach in a non-violent nature.

http://axisofjustice.org/

I've always thought they were decent, nothing more. Their different style and wack-o politics get them even more pub than the music probably should. Audioslave was awful, so at least that is over.