Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
So who is picking this up when it drops next week? I think it will probably be just as good if not better than COD 4. Basically the same thing with the addition of being able to take cover. The last installment was great. Not many changes to the multiplayer, but it has adopted a further advanced ranking system like COD. Also, Co-op was supposedly the main idea in development. They have created the levels to require a lot of tactical thinking. I'm definitely gonna scoop it up. I have an unopened copy of NBA 2008 that I'm gonna put towards it.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I'll see you online then, Sobi. I'm getting up and Live again in the next week or two, so it's perfect timing. I know a lot of my PBL buddies hated the first one (not enough chainsaws I guess), but I thought it was great. Hopefully they'll revamp and improve upon my favorite multiplayer mode, team Terrorist hunt.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
i wasn't a big fan of the first one...thought the maps sucked it

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
As I said in the COD thread, I'll be picking this up for the PS3.

Although who knows if you'll see me online. I haven't logged on to my PSN account for months.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
As I said in the COD thread, I'll be picking this up for the PS3.

Although who knows if you'll see me online. I haven't logged on to my PSN account for months.
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, did it really fall? (No one has PSN because it sucks.)

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I loved the first one, and will def be getting this one BUT better than COD??? I dont know about that...

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I loved the first one, and will def be getting this one BUT better than COD??? I dont know about that...
I will be getting this one too....I am bored with COD as of right now..I was playing Army of Two and lost Odyssey all weekend..AOT is actually pretty good...

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Ive just been fucking with mlb2k8.
I'll grab this when it releases.

I have no time to fuck with Frontlines, Ao2, Turning point (which is probably gonna suck) and Bully. OR finish the last ass disc of Lost Odyssey, which.. im probably not going to play until baseball season is over now. ughf.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Turning Point is pretty decent in the sense that the storyline is compelling (an alternate history take on WW2), and it's not what I would consider a bad game at all, but as a FPS it's otherwise fairly by the numbers.

Frontlines is actually really good, though. I'd consider giving that one a shot, eventually.

I played some Army of Two yesterday. It was fun, but the game seems really short - I beat the first level, but there's only six total. I'm going to be playing through it a couple times anyway to try and get the achievements, but still, I'm worried it'll be a quick game altogether.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005

I def see it. It has everything that COD has, plus the ability to choose your maps, host matches, and select the look of your character. Also, it is MUCH more reliant on being tactical... I know the first one was. There is no where near as much blind run and gun as there is with COD, and the camping isn't as bad either. I think my only gripe with the first rainbow was that you couldn't run like you can in COD. I also see rainbow as pulling a "better crowd" for gaming, and that is a large plus in my book too. Seemed like every time I sat down to play, at least half the time, the whole team would communicate as to what was going on. I almost never see that in COD.:icon_neut

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
I take that back... the ability to run has been added with a "sprint" button like COD.:D

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I'll definitely be picking this one up. I talked to the douche at Gamestop today and he said it would be there on Wednesday. Hopefully someone else will have it sooner though. I've been away from the 360 for quite some time now, hopefully this will rope me back in.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I'm waiting for the PC version next month. I may rent the 360 version while waiting though.

Zerohour

Gum and Pennies
Apr 27, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I def see it. It has everything that COD has, plus the ability to choose your maps, host matches, and select the look of your character. Also, it is MUCH more reliant on being tactical... I know the first one was. There is no where near as much blind run and gun as there is with COD, and the camping isn't as bad either. I think my only gripe with the first rainbow was that you couldn't run like you can in COD. I also see rainbow as pulling a "better crowd" for gaming, and that is a large plus in my book too. Seemed like every time I sat down to play, at least half the time, the whole team would communicate as to what was going on. I almost never see that in COD.:icon_neut
The bad thing about RB6 is the maps are much smaller and choke points abound. Therefore it results in EVERYONE doing the EXACT same thing EVERY time they respawn. It gets annoying after awhile. Firefights exist in the exact same spot everytime. Gets repetive and boring. I mean everyone runs to the chokepoint, dies, then does it again. I'll be getting it for co-op campaign and a little MP, but it will NEVER be better than COD4.

EvilMonkey71

Blurka Blurka Blurka
Sep 6, 2006
Flemington,NJ
I'll definitely be picking this one up. I talked to the douche at Gamestop today and he said it would be there on Wednesday. Hopefully someone else will have it sooner though. I've been away from the 360 for quite some time now, hopefully this will rope me back in.
The BestBuy & Circuit City flyers this weekend were both listing a Wed. release date also.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
can't freakin wait. Finally ditch the crappy annoying players that are in COD for more or less the same game... just more tactical and with COVER!

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
The bad thing about RB6 is the maps are much smaller and choke points abound. Therefore it results in EVERYONE doing the EXACT same thing EVERY time they respawn. It gets annoying after awhile. Firefights exist in the exact same spot everytime. Gets repetive and boring. I mean everyone runs to the chokepoint, dies, then does it again. I'll be getting it for co-op campaign and a little MP, but it will NEVER be better than COD4.
Totally agree. Ubisoft is pretty consistent with this style though. Ghost Recon is the exact same way. Ever play the "Quarry" map on Ghost Recon? My god was that a dog shit level.... and EVERYONE wanted to play that. The thing that saves it is the third person/first person view change. And it's simply a fun game.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005

I completely feel what you're saying. The thing that makes up for it though is that the "tom clancy community" tends to be a bit more mature and into the team aspect of things. While those problems do arise, it's fairly easy to find a match where you can get a team to communicate and work together. This is much more than I can say about COD. That game is so bad in that aspect, you might as well be playing halo.

Zerohour

Gum and Pennies
Apr 27, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I played some last night....

So....$60 for an expansion pack? Yep. The multiplayer is the EXACT same game as Vegas 1. No shit. Even some of the maps are from Vegas 1. No seriously, I played I think 5 maps in random last night and 2 of them were from Vegas 1. The graphics may have been improved a bit, but its still NO WHERE NEAR the quality of COD4. There are a few new game modes that I'm looking forward to playing..for an hour.

The story and terrorist hunt should be good though, since both can be run through in co-op. I'll keep the game till I finish those. After that though...GONE!

They added a leveling up system kinda like COD4 which is used to unlock guns, and can be accumulated in MP or SP, which is good.

save your money.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I am loving this game too....Co-op story mode is very fun and I will have to get into some of the versus games today..It was great..