OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Rainbow Six Games Suck Dick!

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by Sam_Adams, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

I remember when the fist Rainbow Six game came out and my friend bought it for his PS. Well, I thought it sucked dick back then.

Today, there is a new Rainbow game that I feel still sucks dick. The single player mode is ok, but the multiplayer mode sucks, ya know, dick.

The graphics are very unimpressive for a next-gen game because environments looked dumbed down for the 360 or something. The things inside of rooms are very basic and don't look very detailed at all. For some reason it reminds me of how I think Goldeneye looked like back when it was new. GE could look worse than what I remember, but it was very basic as well.

I HATE the online setup where you can't browse for a fucking game in a lobby. You just hit "search" and it puts you in a room that can either have one person in it or 10 people in it. You just don't know. Not only that, but it takes fucking forever to go back and forth with the loading screens. I think the game is just poorly laid out.

The actual gameplay is decent even though you can't throw a grenade very quickly and it takes like three seconds to detonate a block of C-4.

I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money.

2. Garyisajoke

Garyisajoke I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.

Are you talking about Rainbow Six: Vegas?

3. Beeman99

Beeman99 Registered User

I don't mind it, it's not great, but it's better than half the shit out there.

4. Brady T cell

Brady T cell O & A Fanboy

Vegas is great. Terrorist hunts are awesome set on realistic. The graphics are great and the AI will kick your ass on hard.

Don't know about deathmatches and stuff because I hate that type of shit.

"Oh look I captured the flag" UGH! MP is the same shit no matter the game.

5. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

Yeah. The AI is decent but there are just so many things it's lacking in. And it's stupid how it has so much product placement with all of the Dodge shit everywhere. The only vehicles in single player and multi-player on the maps are either Dodge of Chrystler. That's just lame.

6. Garyisajoke

Love Vegas. It's got its quirks, but it's a great game.

Oh Weezy and anyone else, if you're trying to get to the board and can't get there: go to the main URL and click the link.

7. BaLZaC~308

BaLZaC~308 ONE OF THE COOL KIDS

wow...

R6Vegas is my favorite shooter right now.

IMO it destroys GoW... maybe the problem is with the PS3 version cause I fucking love the 360 version

8. BlackNinja

BlackNinja How'd your parents die?

ill avoid any tit for tat console arguments, and will agree with sam that 60usd is fucking rough these days for games that are anything less than spectacular

9. Plunkies

Plunkies Registered User

It's just another dumbed down console game. The original Rainbow Six games were pretty great, and Vegas is still playable if not kind of depressing at where the series went. The SWAT series is where it's fuckin at though.

10. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

The game play is OK, but I am mostly a sniper anyway. I like to get headshots on people and drop them while they are running around looking for people. I'll easily take out about six people before I get killed, so if you see me online then invite me to a game. I still can't decide which rifle I like the best. I use the assault rifles though because the sniper rifles don't have a reticle on the screen when you're not looking through the scope. I guess the FAMAS is my favorite right now until I can unlock the AUG.

The PS3 version is exactly the same as the 360 version. A buddy of mine used to play the game all of the time. I didn't ever play his copy of the game but I watched him fucking with it sometimes when I went over.

I'll just be glad when COD:Modern Warfare and GTAIV come out. I guess this game will just tide me over until those two come out.

11. BaLZaC~308

I love the SCAR-H its an assault rifle, mp5 is a good sub

you have to find the right map/ game type for sniper. If your playing team sharpshooter (t deathmatch) or sharpshooter its a little easier to be a sniper but some of the othe multiplayer modes/maps make it hard to just sit there and wait... can get boring.

R6V is more of a team shooter, more face paced than like COD2 for instance... where you couldve sat in one spot and got your kills as a sniper and still run around like a psycho and get the close quarter kills.

I love the game, maybe you need to play more... dont know

12. I.L.I.O.S.T.

I.L.I.O.S.T. Registered User

Just thought that I would mention that the 360 version has a lobby that enables you to search for a game you want to join instead of just being thrown into a game. I could deffinitely understand that it would be frustrating without that option. I have really enjoyed playing this game online because of the experience system that lets you gain higher ranks and unlock different weapons, armor, and camo colors. It gives you something to work for. This is probably the most I've played a FPS online since Counter Strike.

13. Garyisajoke

The Scar is the best gun in the game. It's got so much range that it's basically a sniper rifle and it's got decent power. I worked my balls off ranking up to get the AK and I was underwhelmed.

I was a diehard Gears fan but I burned out on it and started playing this a bit. It's tough to compare the two, but it's definitely strong. The single-player is great.

Great point. Sam Adams shouldn't blame the game because PS3's online system isn't up to speed yet (and that's not a PS3 slam, PS3 is going to be huge one day... I try not to be such a fanboy.)

14. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

Well it lets you join the "type" of game that you want after you log online from your home staging area. You can put in the type, the map and something else. But it doesn't have an open lobby with a list of rooms/games with an amount of people where you can visually select which room you want to go to.

I have been kicked out of so many rooms as soon as I get there after sitting through the loading screen to just do it all over again with another search. It makes me want to strangle those faggoty teenagers just for doing it.

And the PS3 isn't underpowered or anything from the 360 because it's the same game. There are other games that my friend has which are also on the PS3 such as Oblivion and the PS3 has faster loading times over the 360 version. So, I don't think that's the issue.

I just think the game is poorly laid out much like www.foundrymusic.com

15. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

Yeah I started using the SCAR-Heavy at the beginning of my play but I found it to not be as good for long-range use because of the shot groupings I'd get with using the scope.

I have been using the FAMAS with great success with headshots from across the map but i just switched to see if I'd like that gun with a bunch of numbers, the make-believe gun. It's like a G325KA or something. It has a longer range than the FAMAS but I don't think it's as accurate. So, I will see how it handles.

I do like that the game takes ballistics into account somewhat though. Since most people are stupid, they will try to hit me from a long range with their assault rifle with the main reticle on my head. Well, I use very heavy body armor even though I know I'm not as agile as others. So, the bullet will drop and hit my armor instead of my head and it allows me to follow up if I hadn't had the chance to hit them first. The only difference is that I use the lower reticles to make the kill with a headshot. But the maps in this game aren't usually too far across so most of the shots will hit between the first and second recticle from one end of the street to the other.

16. HumpX

HumpX Character Assassin

I love Vegas but I agree about the MP browser. It seems they got lazy and just ported the 360 user interface over to the PC.

17. BaLZaC~308

the G3 is another good gun, that was my first Assault that I used.
    Decent range but VERY powerful, the scar has better range, not as strong but it is a great fucking gun.

Sam with the scar I used the ACOG scope and since it doesnt have 3 round burst you either switch to single shot or just use quick taps on the trigger...

Im fucking deadly with it :)

18. Plunkies

Plunkies Registered User

The MTAR and the FAMAS are the best guns in the game. MP5 and the shotguns are also pretty solid. Anything else is shit. PC doesn't have locked weapons so I'm not sure what order you guys get stuff or if the weapon stats are the same.

19. Deadbent

Deadbent You can go fuck.

Look, if you buy at least 4 games a year, it'd be a better investment just to grab a second 360, and modify it.
    That way you're not paying 60 bucks for shitty, mediocre games.
    The games you do like, you can go buy and multiplay on a non modded console.

20. Stalker2

Stalker2 Registered User

I got RainbowSix:Vegas for the PC and it looks awful.Tried new drivers..set resolution higher/lower blah.Theres no contrast and the game was very good but I gave up on it due to the picture quality.

21. distortion9

distortion9 Satellite Of Hate

WTF?!

Vegas is one of the best games I've ever played, I was never more addicted to a video game in my life

22. Dead EditHer

Dead EditHer Seriously screwed up broadcasting student

I didn't like vegas the first time I got it and ended up trading it in, but I got it again recently and have been enjoying it ever since. Game is alot more fun when you are playnig with multiple friends, most of the people I meet playing buy myself are either:hate mongerers, ignorant assholes who think their god because they play games all day, cheaters, brain dead, or squeaky ten year olds cursing at the top of their voice.

23. BelatedAbortion

BelatedAbortion Registered User

Love Vegas, definitely not in love with the multiplayer. For that I'll take GRAW 2!!

24. SteveSteele

SteveSteele 1 dog's goin this way..1 dog's goin that way...

The only problem with most of the Ubisoft Live games like RS:V and GRAW2. Waiting for rounds to begin. If you find a good group of guys to play with and stick with them, you can play for hours. Sometimes I'll start my own Live game before I take a shit and when I come back the lobby is full.

25. Garyisajoke

Can't stand playing with random people anymore.