Random creepy thread

lajikal

Growing up heard the popular story of la llorona 'the crying lady'. Beautiful woman that got married but found out her husband was cheating on her. In a rage she took her 2 babies to the river and drowned them.

A bit later after realizing what she had done started crying and looking for her kids. After failing to find them, she decided to end her life the same way drowning in the river. Supposedly, people who had gone by where it had happened afterwards have heard her wailings in the night.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Growing up heard the popular story of la llorona 'the crying lady'. Beautiful woman that got married but found out her husband was cheating on her. In a rage she took her 2 babies to the river and drowned them.

A bit later after realizing what she had done started crying and looking for her kids. After failing to find them, she decided to end her life the same way drowning in the river. Supposedly, people who had gone by where it had happened afterwards have heard her wailings in the night.
That legend, or ones that are very similar, play out across America. Sometimes there is a bridge involved, invariably named Cry Baby Bridge. There is/was one in Rogue's Hollow in NE Ohio, or at least that's what we were told in high school. I drove us out there in the middle of the night and had the kid I didn't like walk across it on a dare, the bridge illuminated solely by my headlights. When he got half way across, I killed the lights and he came screaming back. He claimed he heard howling. Heh.

Chip Spackler

Donator
In case you haven't seen it: This is both an Aphex Twin music video and a short film by Chris Cunningham. I used to smoke pot and watch this in college. I remember finding it very unnerving in certain parts... Turn the volume UP

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
In case you haven't seen it: This is both an Aphex Twin music video and a short film by Chris Cunningham. I used to smoke pot and watch this in college. I remember finding it very unnerving in certain parts... Turn the volume UP

Ill always remember Aphex Twin as weird for the sake of weird. Back in the time when they were more well known for getting the "BANNED BY MTV" label more than any credit for their art. The art style pairs perfectly with the fever dream/psychosis musical style used. Great stuff.

MurphCO

Donator

Llorona is a Mexican/Hispanic tale, anywhere that there are Mexicans there is the story of Llorona