Random Interesting Things

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
No. I think they are just boat nerds.
Yeah my first Impression is “gay” but hipster / failed at my college major is also on the short list. Buying the Victoria was a good move for them, purchasing or making the little “yacht” parts would bankrupt you

ysr50

Donator

THE FEZ MAN

Buddy of mine was the flight engineer on Fifi for a while, he used to go on tour with it every year. Seemed like the kind of thing that would be fun at first and then just turn into a grind. I've been in the airplane but never got to fly in it. There's a second flying B-29 now, "Doc".
https://www.b29doc.com/
Yea, that’s sounds cool, but you’re right after watching some videos of the start up procedure and even just what is required to fly the plane it absolutely turns into a chore like driving an old Jeep that could fall from the sky at any second

ysr50

Donator
Yea, that’s sounds cool, but you’re right after watching some videos of the start up procedure and even just what is required to fly the plane it absolutely turns into a chore like driving an old Jeep that could fall from the sky at any second
They never flew pressurized and there was no air conditioning, the tour was always during the summer and they couldn't climb high enough to get to cooler air so most of the time so they would just sweat. It would be hard enough to maintain that airplane if it only operated out of its own hangar, taking it out on the road and keeping it running so they can offer rides isn't easy. There's a reason why those rides are so expensive, and it's not the cost of gas.

THE FEZ MAN

They never flew pressurized and there was no air conditioning, the tour was always during the summer and they couldn't climb high enough to get to cooler air so most of the time so they would just sweat. It would be hard enough to maintain that airplane if it only operated out of its own hangar, taking it out on the road and keeping it running so they can offer rides isn't easy. There's a reason why those rides are so expensive, and it's not the cost of gas.
Honestly I don’t think 1500$ is that high. That monster has to burn at least 200 gallons of fuel an hour not to mention oil, general maintenance, hanger fees, insurance etc.
what always makes me wonder is if the guys during the war had it “easier” when it comes to procedure because they did it so often, the video I watched said that it took a long time to fire each engine, it never occurred to me how many steps were required to just get that thing off the ground, I honestly just thought you get in, turn on the fuel pumps and push start. It’s one of those “I should know better” moments

ysr50

Donator
Honestly I don’t think 1500$ is that high. That monster has to burn at least 200 gallons of fuel an hour not to mention oil, general maintenance, hanger fees, insurance etc.
what always makes me wonder is if the guys during the war had it “easier” when it comes to procedure because they did it so often, the video I watched said that it took a long time to fire each engine, it never occurred to me how many steps were required to just get that thing off the ground, I honestly just thought you get in, turn on the fuel pumps and push start. It’s one of those “I should know better” moments
The unlimited racer I used to work on had a 3350, the same type of engine as a B-29 but a much later version modified for racing. The airplane had a 180 gallon fuel cell, a race would normally last about 9 minutes and after cooling off for a bit it was almost bingo fuel. Sometimes I miss that world, then I slap myself and go on about my life.

ysr50

Donator
The people that operated those airplanes in anger had the entire might of Americas war effort supporting them, almost nothing was impossible. My step mothers father flew them in the Pacific, I was lucky enough to arrange a visit to Fifi for him, he was ill so a flight wasn't possible, but it was cool to see him in the pilots seat. He certainly had some stories, I miss that old man.

THE FEZ MAN

The people that operated those airplanes in anger had the entire might of Americas war effort supporting them, almost nothing was impossible. My step mothers father flew them in the Pacific, I was lucky enough to arrange a visit to Fifi for him, he was ill so a flight wasn't possible, but it was cool to see him in the pilots seat. He certainly had some stories, I miss that old man.
Back in the “good old days” I worked at a photo lab with this old guy named Warren he was in his 60’s back in the 80’s and was a WW2 vet, interestingly enough he was a photographer for the army, / Stars and Stripes, literally “rafter man” he went into battle with a camera and a pistol. One of the guys bought a camera called a “speed graphic” he didn’t know how to work it, Warren grabbed that thing and took it apart, fixed it and was operating it like was a nothing

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
If I won the lottery, this is the exact type of thing I'd want to spend my days doing... watching Youtube videos of people building cabins.

Definitely looks like a fun project.
You wouldn’t hire a haram of whores? I would hire a haram of whores.

THE FEZ MAN

If I won the lottery, this is the exact type of thing I'd want to spend my days doing... watching Youtube videos of people building cabins.

Definitely looks like a fun project.
I’ve watched a few of those, “primitive life” videos I don’t see the actual fun it it unless you can actually use it