Randy Moss faces Battery allegations

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Randy Moss said Wednesday that allegations he committed battery against a woman are false and that she made the claim to get money from him.

"I want to make something clear," the Patriots wide receiver said while surrounded by reporters and cameras at his locker. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

Florida radio station WDBO reported that a woman filed for an order of protection against Moss, alleging he committed battery against her. The report said a temporary injunction was issued, barring Moss from coming within 500 feet of the woman and from using or possessing firearms.

Moss gave no details of the alleged incident, saying he was restricted by the legal case.

He said the woman was a friend of 11 years and that she asked for "six figures" for what Moss said was an accident in which she was hurt.

"They're false allegations, something I've been battling for like the last couple of days of threats going public if I didn't pay X amount of dollars," Moss said. "So before people rush quick to judgment I think you need to find out the facts about, really, what's going on.

"This young lady by no means is hurt. I didn't hurt her."

New England plays the San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game in Foxborough on Sunday.

Moss, who set an NFL record with 23 touchdown catches this season, said he spoke with coach Bill Belichick about the matter. Moss spoke to about 30 reporters in the locker room after Belichick's regular news conference at which the coach wasn't asked about it.

Moss has avoided off-field problems this season and has been hailed by other Patriots players as an excellent teammate and leader. In his previous nine seasons -- seven with Minnesota and two with Oakland -- he was involved several incidents.

With Minnesota, he was criticized by quarterback Daunte Culpepper and others for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss to Washington. He bumped a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abused corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirted an official with a water bottle in 1999.

He strongly denied the latest allegations, breaking his usual midweek silence.

"It's very unfair to athletes if a person makes a false claim. You know, there's nothing that we can do," Moss said. "The only thing that we can do is either pay up or sit back and listen to what's being said or what's being written.

"For someone to make a false claim about me, I'm kind of furious," he said. "It kind of hurts me deep inside for someone to do something like that because, you know, I've always said time and time again, I'm going to stand up for what's right. If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I Hate him I hate the Pats....I'd like it to be true....But it's prob bullshit

Than McNally

Jan 16, 2007
WV
I Hate him I hate the Pats....I'd like it to be true....But it's prob bullshit
im with you. I went to Marshall when this super n***er was playing there and I HATE him. I saw him at NUMEROUS parties where he was yelling and arguing. VERY possible that its true. I dont believe him one bit that he never hurt a woman. Didnt he get in trouble for accosting a female parking attendant??:icon_roll

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
If the bitch asked for six-figure money then it's probably bullshit.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
"I want to make something clear," the Patriots wide receiver said while surrounded by reporters and cameras at his locker. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."
No.....he just runs them over with cars.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Looks like that prison football team is coming along just fine.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
well, 500ft...I bet she has a 50yd line will call ticket waiting for her at foxboro courtesy of the Chargers...Moss gets arrested for violating the restraining order....

This is most likely horseshit..as moss has been a model player this year and I doubt he's going to hit some broad...

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
All I have to say is that the timing is awfully suspicious.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Everyone knows football players are never violent off the field, right..."whaa"

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Actually, I would tend to believe him on this one. People = Shit when money is involved and It wouldn't shock me to learn of some extortion scheme by one of his "friends".

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Moss is an ass, but he gets the benefit of the doubt on this one. Anytime someone is suing in general I am skeptical of their claims.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
According to DnC on EEI this morning she hurt her hand while "the two of them where vigorously enjoying eachother's company". Take that as you may.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
But wait, I thought the Pats did all kinds of research into the "character" of their players before trading for and drafting them.

Fucking cheating team with criminals, sounds par for the course. They just have the best cheaters and criminals this year.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
But wait, I thought the Pats did all kinds of research into the "character" of their players before trading for and drafting them.

Fucking cheating team with criminals, sounds par for the course. They just have the best cheaters and criminals this year.
No no no silly! Players change thier character when they come here to fit the "patriot way"! Corey Dillion was a perfect fit here after being a cancer in the locker room for years with his former team. You have to admit Moss has been a model citizen and played his heart out and proven all the people who said he was too old and slow wrong all year while he has been here. But your hate for the Pats may be too thick to admit that. Alot of people have that problem lately.

The NFL has lots of team with criminals. Dont suggest the Pats are the only ones. Lets see Dallas has gun totting Tank Johnson, and too many to list Bengals need I go on???

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj

he is a model citizen and has good character...since when is rough sex a crime????