Rather Files $70 Million Suit Against CBS

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Rather Files $70 Million Suit Against CBS
(Sept. 19) - Dan Rather, whose career at CBS News ground to an inglorious end 15 months ago over his role in an unsubstantiated report questioning President Bush’s Vietnam-era National Guard service, filed a $70 million lawsuit this afternoon against the network, its corporate parent and three of his former superiors. Mr. Rather, 75, asserts that the network violated his contract by giving him insufficient airtime on “60 Minutes” after forcing him to step down as anchor of the “CBS Evening News” in March 2005. He also contends that the network committed fraud by commissioning a “biased” and incomplete investigation of the flawed Guard broadcast and, in the process, “seriously damaged his reputation.” As plaintiffs, the suit names CBS and its chief executive, Leslie Moonves; Viacom and its chief executive, Sumner Redstone; and Andrew Heyward, the former president of CBS News.

In the suit, filed this afternoon in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, Mr. Rather charges that CBS and its executives made him “a scapegoat” in an attempt “to pacify the White House,” though the formal complaint presents virtually no direct evidence to that effect. To buttress this claim, Mr. Rather quotes the executive who oversaw his regular segment on CBS Radio, telling Mr. Rather in November 2004 that he was losing that slot, effective immediately, because of “pressure from ‘the right wing.’ ”

He also continues to take vehement issue with the appointment by CBS of Richard Thornburgh, an attorney general in the administration of the elder President Bush , as one of the two outside panelists given the job of reviewing how the disputed broadcast had been prepared.
http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/rat...s/20070919155609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Now they all come out of the woodwork after Imus gets some money. While Imus deserved his, this fuckup doesn't!

What next, Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder's corpse is going to come out and sue CBS for firing him too?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Rather wouldn't have gotten fired if he hadn't been so adamant over an obvious forgery.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
at first i was all for dan, but now that i think about it, he fucked up, and got lazy, he should have made sure his info was good before being a news reader.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Dunno, Never liked Rather much....other than the fact that he took a Chew on some late night show...Think it was Letterman. But he did Make the mother of all fuckups when in Journalism!