Ratings are out...do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ratings_bring_morning_glory_again_to_win.html

WINS was first in NYC for morning drive again. Amazingly it wasn't a Spanish station. Our boys didn't crack the top 10 overall, and were 10 in the 18-34 demo.

While Howard fans on other boards are laughing their assess off today, does this matter to you? O&A are on a local station here, but I listen on XM just because I never bother to turn it off, and if/when things get dumped, I still hear it. If asked, I would say I listen on FM, but since I don't factor in to the ratings, it doesn't bother me.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Doesn't matter to me what so ever. The show has been great the past few months and the trends are more a show of people going to IPods and other MP-3 players. IMO of course.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Terrestrial has shot it's self in the foot with too many lawyers and stoopid rules that are outside of the FCC playbook.

GeekGalore

Jan 25, 2006
Holland, Europe
I'd like to see the breakdowns for 18-34 male and female for their specific timeslot instead of 12+ overall ratings. Anyone has those?

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
wow this sucks. I think if O&A were on regular radio full time they would be #1, and we wouldnt even be talking about crap like this.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
wow this sucks. I think if O&A were on regular radio full time they would be #1, and we wouldnt even be talking about crap like this.
I'm not sure I get your point.
do you mean "if they weren't on XM at all, then they would have better FM ratings"? Maybe, but I don't think it would make that big of a difference.

if not, then please clarify.

But I think someone hit it on the nose already. CBS doesn't know shit from shinola and the boys aren't in a good spot as far as promotions and rules and whatever else goes. Morning radio is for sports scores and whacky bits.

say what you will, but O and A are an afternoon show. but that's all speculation. ratings schmatings, I say! I like the show, balls to numbers.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I'm not sure I get your point.
do you mean "if they weren't on XM at all, then they would have better FM ratings"? Maybe, but I don't think it would make that big of a difference.

if not, then please clarify.
If they did a full-time show on FM, meaning going all the way until 10AM like every other morning show, then they'd have better ratings.

This summer they were #1 with the big male demos for their timeslot. They were still pretty high up there in this last book, but that hour where the other shows are getting listeners while K-Rock is playing music isn't helping.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Based on what?

CBS doesn't know shit from shinola and the boys aren't in a good spot as far as promotions and rules and whatever else goes. Morning radio is for sports scores and whacky bits.

say what you will, but O and A are an afternoon show. but that's all speculation. ratings schmatings, I say! I like the show, balls to numbers.
I believe they chose the timeslot they broadcast in.

Morning radio is ALSO for better pay, higher ratings, and higher advertising revenue.

Your post appears to imply that O&A are incapable of producing a viable morning radio show and demonstrates your lack of knowledge about the broadcasting industry in general.

-Mike

MinnesotaMoron

I Wish I Knew How To Quit You... Ramonnnnnne
Jul 20, 2005
Minnesota
Hog's - you should be estatic they are on XM because regular radio is as dead as the 8-track and that's why the ratings are low. No one listens to commercial radio stations anymore. Why would you with the options out there. And when CBS sees it's not cost effective to pay OnA or any jocks like them then you'll be glad we still have XM.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
Your post appears to imply that O&A are incapable of producing a viable morning radio show and demonstrates your lack of knowledge about the broadcasting industry in general.

-Mike
you read way too much into what I said. I am saying that they would do BETTER in afternoons. I didn't say one way or another about how they do in the mornings. I am saying people WANT whackiness in the mornings, and/or something that isn't high energy and/or intelligent.

I love the boys and enjoy their show more than any other radio show I have ever heard, but the average person who doesn't know the show might find it a hard sell for a morning show.

May 10, 2007
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ratings_bring_morning_glory_again_to_win.html

WINS was first in NYC for morning drive again. Amazingly it wasn't a Spanish station. Our boys didn't crack the top 10 overall, and were 10 in the 18-34 demo.

While Howard fans on other boards are laughing their assess off today, does this matter to you? O&A are on a local station here, but I listen on XM just because I never bother to turn it off, and if/when things get dumped, I still hear it. If asked, I would say I listen on FM, but since I don't factor in to the ratings, it doesn't bother me.

you sound like howard, bringing up the ratings and then saying he doesnt care. obviously, you both do on some level.

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
Don't care, but thanks for asking.

I still want to see O and A's future and the future of radio rest with XM/Sattelite. So if playing ball with commercial radio doesn't work out, that's fine with me. Commercial radio sucks dog dick.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
i dont care at all. its just a matter of prestige.

in any case, id much prefer to have the show entirely on XM.

Aug 1, 2006
Ratings are the only way to determine success on radio. everyone should stop lying to themselves....you care. -the fact that you responded to a thread about it, means you care - just sayin.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
K-rock's music is drawing higher than O and A overall
No, it's not. The station overall is 1.7. O&A overall are 2.1. Pretty basic math, ain't it? Their ratings with men are in the 6's & 7's.

But, people are listening longer to K-Rock's music each week (cume) than they are listening to O&A, and again - that's a problem with them not being on for that last hour of the 6AM-10AM daypart.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
This is such a tired argument. In the last few months, the boys have proven their morning show is every bit as entertaining (if not, more so) than the WNEW days.

Some people just won't let go of the way things "used to be." Whatever the future of the show is, moving them back to afternoons is NOT the answer!

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
With all the technology we have can't we see if there is a fall off in ratings from the 9 to 10 hour?

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
you sound like howard, bringing up the ratings and then saying he doesnt care. obviously, you both do on some level.
You got me. I waited until post 1,940 before I revealed my troll-dom.

I didn't think about the ratings until I saw someone post them in a Howard thread on a Yankees message board I frequent. They were all laughing it up.

I don't think the argument of people want wacky bits in the morning works. I think a big part of it is most work places will leave something on that they don't have to worry about offending anyone. That's why those horrid "two guys and a hole" shows do so well. People aren't listening as much as they just leave the station on for convenience.

Aug 1, 2006
Steve Harvey and Whoopi Goldberg have better ratings. ewweehahhhahhhahahhhhhahhahh !!!

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Do these ratings include Long Island and New Jersey?

Because there are more yuppie douches, blacks and spanish people in NYC than anything else. Why is anyone surprised that normal white guys aren't going to be the top choice amongst listeners?

I'm sure that 80% of working class white guys in the area that even listen to the radio, listen to O&A. They are just not in the majority anymore, at least in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.