Ray Donovan - Showtime Sundays

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Man this show is pretty damn good IMO.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Anthony's nightmare is going to happen. Liev's daughter is going to be ruined.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Everyone on the show is at least bi.

The show is weird in how it goes back and forth between serious and silly. Sometimes they are trying for silly and other times they aren't but it still comes off as Entouragey.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Everyone on the show is at least bi.

The show is weird in how it goes back and forth between serious and silly. Sometimes they are trying for silly and other times they aren't but it still comes off as Entouragey.
It's not gay if you don't tell anyone... it is uncomfortable when dad asks you to drop him off at a gay club and invites the kids to join him...

Every time Ray's son is in a scene, I remember what John Voight said to him in the shoe store and the kid's secret texting with movie star and I get VERY uncomfortable about what's being foreshadowed...

That being said the show is the real deal.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
It's not gay if you don't tell anyone... it is uncomfortable when dad asks you to drop him off at a gay club and invites the kids to join him...

Every time Ray's son is in a scene, I remember what John Voight said to him in the shoe store and the kid's secret texting with movie star and I get VERY uncomfortable about what's being foreshadowed...

That being said the show is the real deal.
Yeah, there are many potential disasters lurking including coal burning daughter, gay son/Tommy, and Voight hurting his ankle so he can no longer dance.

ironman25dc

Yeah, there are many potential disasters lurking including coal burning daughter, gay son/Tommy, and Voight hurting his ankle so he can no longer dance.
I literally laughed out loud reading the last part. Well done!

ironman25dc

Things are looking up for Raymond. o_O

Even without Jon Voight dancing at a club, this week's episode was pretty f'ing fantastic.

Who is the puppet master/the Golem?

Will Connor die in the closet?

Will Terry Donovan throw nurse Frances down a well?

Will Mickey dance again?

Tune in next Sunday--- Same Ray-Time, same Ray-Channel!

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
It's about time he railed that starlet, but no nudity? Cmon, Liev!

This bunchy thing, is it common for touched kids to mentally stay a kid?
Best line: Yer a nosy cunt.
Or: You won't hit me, I have epilepsy. *crack*

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
It's about time he railed that starlet, but no nudity? Cmon, Liev!

This bunchy thing, is it common for touched kids to mentally stay a kid?
Best line: Yer a nosy cunt.
Or: You won't hit me, I have epilepsy. *crack*
Those were both good ones but the funniest part that had me laughing my ass off was Ezra saying his wife was his one true love not knowing his lover was standing behind him.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I like the show but some of their casting decisions are shit. For example, the wife, the character is okay but the actress is annoying. The actor who plays Lee is pretty shitty. The guy who plays Stu Feldman doesn't work for me. And the creepy FBI agent isn't pulling off that role.

Need more Avi and less of them.

Also, the cliches are starting to really stack up.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I like the show but some of their casting decisions are shit. For example, the wife, the character is okay but the actress is annoying. The actor who plays Lee is pretty shitty. The guy who plays Stu Feldman doesn't work for me. And the creepy FBI agent isn't pulling off that role.

Need more Avi and less of them.

Also, the cliches are starting to really stack up.
I disagree about the wife. I hate her so it works ;)

I'm fine with the other two guys you mentioned but you are correct about the FBI guy. He seems to sleazy; it would work better for me if he was more...autoratative or something.

Haven't watched the show, but now that the exec producer is going to jail for five years, maybe I should check it out...

UPDATED, FRIDAY 9:28PM:Days after Showtime picked up his freshman drama for a second season, the series’ executive producer Bryan Zuriff has pleaded guilty to running an illegal gambling operation. U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement today from New York that Zuriff faces up to five years in prison and has agreed to forfeit $500,000 as part of his plea deal, according to the statement. “Bryan Zuriff spanned the coasts with his crimes, by operating his own illegal gambling enterprise in Los Angeles, and helping to operate a vast illegal gambling enterprise in New York,” Bharara said. “With his plea, he becomes the first defendant, but not the last, to be convicted in this sprawling script of criminal conduct.” The plea comes on the heels of a very successful first month for Ray Donovan. The Liev Schreiber starrer debuted June 30 as the biggest original series launch in Showtime history. Then it became the premium network’s first new drama to see second-week gains. That led to its sophomore-season pickup on July 16. For the time being, Zuriff continues with his EP duties on the show.
PREVIOUSLY: In a bizarre story that reads like a Hollywood script, Bryan Zuriff, executive producer of Showtime‘s high-profile new drama series Ray Donovan, is among 34 people charged with running gambling operations that have allegedly laundered more than $100 million. The charges, a result of a massive FBI investigation, were unsealed today by the Manhattan U.S. Attorney, with the accused, including Zuriff, referred to as “alleged members and associates of Russian-American organized crime enterprises.” In the indictment, Zuriff is listed as a “fugitive”, though people close to him strongly dispute that characterization, which may also mean that he had not been arrested yet. Zuriff, known in Hollywood as a high-stakes gambler, is charged with Operating an Illegal Gambling Business and Unlawful Internet Gambling, which carry a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. “The charges against Bryan Zuriff today came as a complete surprise to him,” said Zuriff’s attorney Matthew E. Sloan, partner at Skadden Arps in Los Angeles and a former federal prosecutor. “He denies any wrongdoing and looks forward to his day in court to confront them.”For the past few years, Zuriff, whose feature producing credits include the 2009 The Messenger and 2011 The Details, was under a deal at Mark Gordon Co., which produces Ray Donovan. Zuriff, who is credited with bringing Ray Donovan to Gordon and championing the project, is currently an independent producer working on the series, which ironically centers on a professional “fixer” (Liev Schreiber) for the rich and famous in LA who can make anyone’s problems disappear. I hear Zuriff didn’t attend the show’s table read today. “We have just learned of this matter and it would be premature for us to make any comments at this time,” a rep for Showtime said.
The indictment lists two gambling operations with alleged ties to the Russian-American mob that catered to multi-millionaires and billionaires in the U.S., Russia, and the Ukraine. One of them is alleged to have laundered tens of millions of dollars from Russia and the Ukraine through Cyprus and into the U.S., while the other is described as a high-stakes illegal gambling business catering to the super-rich.
Also among the 34 charged is “poker princess” Molly Bloom, known as the “event planner” that organized the high-stakes poker games for top Hollywood types, including Tobey Maguire and Leonardo DiCaprio in a scheme that unraveled in 2011. Bloom is among three accused of operating and promoting high stakes poker rooms around New York City. And Hillel “Helly” Nahmad, scion of one of the richest and most powerful art-dealing families in the world, is charged with financing the illegal gambling operation. His famous Helly Nahmad Gallery on Madison Avenue, a longtime tenant of the luxury Carlyle Hotel, was raided by the Feds this morning. Leading the list of indicted is suspected former Soviet Union mafia bigwig Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov who already has an outstanding arrest warrant and has been among World’s 10 most wanted white-collar fugitives.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/ray...ng-tied-to-russian-mob-denies-any-wrongdoing/

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
That was an interesting episode. I like Terry.

Another Jon Voight dancing appearance.

AlanSmithee

Jon Voight is just having the time of his life in this role. He sure doesn't look or act like a 74 almost 75 year old man.

Im glad to see Frank Whaley in the role as lone wolf FBI agent. Hes a great character actor who hasn't been in anything in a while.

I hope we see a back story on Avi.

ironman25dc

Jon Voight hasn't danced again.

Still love the show but hate that I know it's been renewed for season 2 because I know who won't be killed off this season. Boo!

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
The last episode was rough. Don't care about the daughter, the Jon Voight/Rosanna Arquette scene was silly, and the Armenian realtor situation was crap. Some weeks I feel like I'm watching the Kardashians.