Really Enjoyed The Chuck Palinuck Interview

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
I've read a couple of his books and it was cool to hear him on the radio. He was pretty lively and a real gasser on the air.

phizfrail

Sep 9, 2010
i thought it was kinda awkward.. weird that opie isnt there .. because the last interview that seemed as awkward as the first 20 minutes of this one was the george wendt interview that ant wasnt there for :/ i still want him to hear that lol

paffa2

Jul 21, 2011
Man, when I first heard Jim joke about "pillow biter," I tried to do it myself on my bed to understand what exactly it meant. I laughed so hard when I realized the position I was in, and the cleverness of "pillow biter." You sir, have brought back that brief moment of hilarity.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Man, when I first heard Jim joke about "pillow biter," I tried to do it myself on my bed to understand what exactly it meant. I laughed so hard when I realized the position I was in, and the cleverness of "pillow biter." You sir, have brought back that brief moment of hilarity.
Was the dude who was fucking you in the ass laughing about it also??

:action-sm

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Cringe-inducing for a while, but it got better. Still, a very bad job by the show.

Opie has mentioned chuck's books so many times....the O and A producers should have at least had Opie leave for A+J some Chuck questions he'd like answered.

The guy is good enough at what he does that it was embarrassing Ant and Jim knew nothing of him or his work at all (other than Fight Club). They must have spent most of their preparation effort on Chris Matthews.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
They did mention that chuck was a last minute add.

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
I thought that he was great ant and Jimmy were dummies

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
Are you suggesting that they prepare for interviews? Really?
Anthony has actually watched fight club which is about 500 percent more preparation than they normally do.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Anthony has actually watched fight club which is about 500 percent more preparation than they normally do.
It's very fortunate that the important stuff Ant does after racing out of the studio (go home and watch the same 5 movies repeatedly) actually worked as show prep this time.

Kobrakai NYC

Sep 3, 2008
I thought it was a last min booking? I like his work, Choke and Lullaby are the balls. The interview wasn't a barn burner, but the guy had a good sense of humor. Him saying he was going to sign Jim's book "To Opie" at the end was good stuff. It showed he got the bit.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I requested the new book at my library. Interesting dude.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I use the library a lot. I enjoy reading, despise e-books, and don't have the space/money to obtain all the books I want to read. I'm not going to set aside a place and several hundred dollars for the complete works of Philip K. Dick.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
The only books I buy anymore are ones that I have to have immediately like the George rr martin books or maybe the new chris Moore. Otherwise I putorder a hold on it on the library site when they order it. Im there all the time with my kids anyway as a man of leisure.

AFROshow

Mar 14, 2010
Could be both if he's a negro.
I'd just like to thank you for clicking on this thread. :)

I'm glad some people here agreed. Chuck's a literary legend -- one of the best fiction writers of the last 50 years -- and I can't believe how unprepared they were. You have to at least know that this guy is sitting in front of you and it's a pretty big deal.

Oh well, they did okay, I suppose.